Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

Matt Jones for Colston straight up?

Would you trade M.Jones for Colston straight up. Either one would be my #4WR and would get into the starting lineup on occassion based on matchups and bye weeks. This is one of those leagues that lets you to play Colston as a TE also. Currently I have Heap as my only TE.

If you trade for Colston and he blows up you will be a genius. If not, at least you can say all you lost was a #2 RB.

I would do it.

Personally I think that Reggie Williams is emerging as Leftwich's go to WR in Jax which doesn't bode well for Jones' numbers. However, at 6'6 he is a big target in the red zone and will continue to get his points.

Colston, on the other hand, is a rookie off to a fast start. I have heard a lot of people drawing parallels to his connection with Brees to be like that of Gates' in SD. If that is even remotely true, Colston could be in for a big year plus he has the added bonus of putting up WR numbers at the TE slot on your roster.

I'd pull the trigger and take Colston. As someone else mentioned, the upside of this trade is tremendous with little downside unless Jones turns into Torry Holt on us.

Thanks for the reply!

Matt Jones might not play this week, but stick with him. Jones has been averageing 7 REC 75 yards, and they have been playing solid DEF's. wait until he starts getting in the endzone. Thanks for your reply to mine.

Personally I think that Reggie Williams is emerging as Leftwich's go to WR in Jax which doesn't bode well for Jones' numbers. However, at 6'6 he is a big target in the red zone and will continue to get his points.

Colston, on the other hand, is a rookie off to a fast start. I have heard a lot of people drawing parallels to his connection with Brees to be like that of Gates' in SD. If that is even remotely true, Colston could be in for a big year plus he has the added bonus of putting up WR numbers at the TE slot on your roster.

I'd pull the trigger and take Colston. As someone else mentioned, the upside of this trade is tremendous with little downside unless Jones turns into Torry Holt on us.

Thanks for the reply!

Playing Colston as a TE would be the best reason I can think of to make the trade. This still leaves you room to replace Jones in your roster with another receiver. If comparing Jones and Colston as receivers I would have a harder time making such a trade. Colston may very well not do much, if anything, beyond the weekly stats he's put up over these first two weeks. He's benefitted from defenses bottling up Horn somewhat but I think he'll start to draw more attention so I wouldn't expect a lot of 100 yard games from him. Jones, on the other hand, is still a ways away from being the receiver he'll become. By the second half of this season he could very well start to post the 8 recepion 100+ yard and TD games. It's a good comparison between Coston and Gates based on red zone looks but that's about it. A more accurate comparison might be more like comparing him to Jurevicius from last year. Colston will not find himself being covered by safeties and linebackers very often as a true TE would. This will keep him from being the total mismatch in coverage that Gates is and he won't be open often enough to have the number of receptions and yards that Gates did with Brees.