Sign in to follow this  
Scooby

Trade Scooby/Ty

TyCobb's Razor Spikes will give

Parker, Willie PIT RB

Porter, Jerry OAK WR

To The Mystery Machine for

Year 2006 Round 2 Draft Pick from Horsemen;Year 2007 Round 1 Draft Pick from The Mystery Machine

I like this trade for the Scoobster a lot. Is Ty slipping?

I hope so, very happy to get Porter in my wr core.

I don't know. It seems OK. How many balls will Jerry Porter see with Randy Moss on board? With Ronald Curry seeing the field?

If you figure Moss is good for 100 catches, and Kollins will throw around 330 passes. The Running Backs caught 116 balls last year.....so

330-100 Moss=230

230-100 Backs= 130

130-45 TE= 85

85 balls between Porter, Curry, Gabriel? Sure, they may pass more and change the distribution, but I can easily see Moss catching 100 balls, and that doesn't leave much for the rest of the team.

Even if you figure Porter catches half of those 85, at his best yard per reception average of 15.6 per, that's only 663 yards.

Maybe my numbers are conservative, but it's not adding up for me right now.

I don't think it's a terrible trade, but I think Ty did well here.

I don't know. It seems OK. How many balls will Jerry Porter see with Randy Moss on board? With Ronald Curry seeing the field?

If you figure Moss is good for 100 catches, and Kollins will throw around 330 passes. The Running Backs caught 116 balls last year.....so

330-100 Moss=230

230-100 Backs= 130

130-45 TE= 85

85 balls between Porter, Curry, Gabriel? Sure, they may pass more and change the distribution, but I can easily see Moss catching 100 balls, and that doesn't leave much for the rest of the team.

Even if you figure Porter catches half of those 85, at his best yard per reception average of 15.6 per, that's only 663 yards.

Maybe my numbers are conservative, but it's not adding up for me right now.

I don't think it's a terrible trade, but I think Ty did well here.

I seriously doubt the rbs will catch that many this year with Jordan there. he will get more rushes and they will air it out with the wr's

Well, now that you know he's gonna suck (Thanks, Hoff!), want to trade him to me for a #3 in 2007..?

Well, now that you know he's gonna suck (Thanks, Hoff!), want to trade him to me for a #3 in 2007..?

:D

This trade will look like a turd for me this year. But that turd will sure shine in '07 when a certain Oklahoma RB comes aboard. :thumbsup:

This trade will look like a turd for me this year. But that turd will sure shine in '07 when a certain Oklahoma RB comes aboard. :thumbsup:

I might be the minority, but I think it actually looks good for you right now. Add to that pick stockpile...

This trade will look like a turd for me this year.  But that turd will sure shine in '07 when a certain Oklahoma RB comes aboard.  :blink:

I might be the minority, but I think it actually looks good for you right now. Add to that pick stockpile...

Thanks, mate. Like everybody, I guess, I never make trades I don't think are in my favor. I just figured to get a little slack for the pts. loss this season.

Boldin is the real wildcard for me. This trade is just an expression of my confidence of his return to productivity, if not stud status. Failing that, I will be WR short.

But, like you said, the picks pile is bulging gloriously.