Sign in to follow this  
thedanzone

NEXT YEAR INFO - PLEASE READ

Friday, January 2, 2004 by 5:00 PM EST

Drop down to 26 players mainly those with IR spots.

Monday, May 31, 2004

Must hear from everyone in order to participate in the 2004 season.

Approx Monday, June 7, 2004

Everyone drops roster down to 22 players.

Approx Monday, June 14, 2004

Rookie/Free Agent Draft (4 Rounds)

Slow live draft starting at 8:00 AM EST with a 24 hour timer to make a selection.

Add/Drops end Friday, January 2, 2004 by 5:00 PM EST. Balanced offseason trades are allowed and encouraged.

Have a suggestion for next year? Post it here.

• 3 - Four Team Conferences

• Fees before Rookie/FA Draft

• Practice Squad

Why such a late start to the fraft? Last year's rookie fraft started June 12th. I like the idea of having the Chimi fraft not conflict with the refraft leagues that usually hold frafts in August.

I'd prefer June again.

whoisjgalt:

Why such a late start to the fraft? Last year's rookie fraft started June 12th. I like the idea of having the Chimi fraft not conflict with the refraft leagues that usually hold frafts in August.

I'd prefer June again.

whoisjgalt:

I'd prefer June again.

I'll back this suggestion

To tell the truth, I just cut and pasted last years "Next Year" thread post.

We did start in June huh? ;) I have a hard time remembering yesterday let alone last year!

Anyone know when the NFL draft is?

We'll change the dates!

thedanzone:

lofl.

The NFL draft is in late April I think... not positive though.

bigmarc27:

thedanzone:

lofl.

The NFL draft is in late April I think... not positive though.

It was April 26-27 last year.

thedanzone:

Formalize the Wildcard rules (and playoff seeding rules if need be). This specifically needs to address what happens if the two wildcards come from the same conference. What we came up with on the fly for this year would be the starting point.

thedanzone:

whoisjgalt:

AUKidJoshH:

Fine.

Realignment into 3 4-team divisions.

Play your own division twice, everyone else once. 6+4+4=14 regular season weeks.

Division winners + 1 wild card make playoffs, tiebreakers TBA (points, I'd think?).

1 vs. 4, 2 vs. 3, Championship.

Just finishing your thought...

Changing the number of playoff teams from 8 to 6 to 4.

Divisions:

West: current West + me (torrid, ted, O, jgalt)

Central: current North + bernie (v4e, dan, rodney, bernie)

East: the rest (wilzone, aujoshkid, mongo, ghoo)

I can't remember when the 2003 prices for RTSports renewals became available, but the payment due date ought to be published and it'd be pretty greta if everyone got their portion of the fee to thedanzone before the rookie fraft.

thedanzone

Monday, May 31, 2004

Must hear from everyone in order to participate in the 2004 season.

Count me in again. ;)

I realize that this information will shock everyone here. eek!

Here's an idea for those looking to expand our rosters.. (This is from another leagues site, so we would conform it to our liking..)

I like the concept..

Practice Squad

The Practice Squad consists of two players. Players must either be rookies or second year players. Once placed on the Practice Squad, the players are locked there until the beginning of the season. After the start of the season (until Week 13), each owner may call up one player to the active roster if he chooses. The owner may not replace that player on the Practice Squad with another player. The owner may not put that same player back on the Practice Squad at any time during the season. A second player may be called up player from the practice squad ONLY if it is replace a player of the same position who has been placed on IR. If the first call up is to replace a player from the same position placed on IR, it would count the same as if that player had simply been breaking out. The second call up must still be to replace a player from the same position placed on IR.

Regarding trading players on the Practice Squad: If two teams choose to trade a player or players on their practice squad for a player or players on another team's practice squad, those players will automatically be placed on the new team's Practice Squad. If a teams trade Practice Squad players for non-Practice Squad players, the team acquiring the Practice Squad players has the option of putting the new player on either his active roster or Practice Squad.

Note: If this happens and a team wishes to reacquire (during the same season) a former Practice Squad player now on the active roster of another team they must put that player back on their Practice Squad.

rurbaniak:

Here's an idea for those looking to expand our rosters.. (This is from another leagues site, so we would conform it to our liking..)

I like the concept..

Practice Squad

The Practice Squad consists of two players. Players must either be rookies or second year players. Once placed on the Practice Squad, the players are locked there until the beginning of the season. After the start of the season (until Week 13), each owner may call up one player to the active roster if he chooses. The owner may not replace that player on the Practice Squad with another player. The owner may not put that same player back on the Practice Squad at any time during the season. A second player may be called up player from the practice squad ONLY if it is replace a player of the same position who has been placed on IR. If the first call up is to replace a player from the same position placed on IR, it would count the same as if that player had simply been breaking out. The second call up must still be to replace a player from the same position placed on IR.

Regarding trading players on the Practice Squad: If two teams choose to trade a player or players on their practice squad for a player or players on another team's practice squad, those players will automatically be placed on the new team's Practice Squad. If a teams trade Practice Squad players for non-Practice Squad players, the team acquiring the Practice Squad players has the option of putting the new player on either his active roster or Practice Squad.

Note If this happens and a team wishes to reacquire (during the same season) a former Practice Squad player now on the active roster of another team they must put that player back on their Practice Squad.

Rodney emailed me a link to this, so I assume he's asking for comments. Normally, I'd say that this ought to be a place to list ideas, rather than a thread for the pros and cons. But anyway, here it comes:

I like the essence of the idea and helps to expand rosters which I would favor. But it seems too complex. The ins and outs of the which promotion counts as what is not too my liking. I'd rather keep it simple.

I'd prefer to do something like this: Expand the rookie fraft by a round (or two) and allow rookies to be hoarded on the practice squad without counting against the roster limit. But, they cannot be promoted to the regular roster during the season. If you trade a practice squad guy, then he can only go to the active roster of the new team. You wouldn't put Andre Johnson on the practice squad, but you might use it for Willis McGahee or Chris Sims or David Kircus. I'd stick with your suggestion of two practice squad players as the max. Use it for late round rookies who you wouldn't be able to keep otherwise. Don't use it as a place to stick an older player.

I like the idea of expanding ours rosters, however I'd like it better without all the rules. A Pratice Squad sounds fun, but if RTSports doesn't support it, I think we ought to just increase the size and not change the rules otherwise.

We could add individual defensive players to the mix and have a seperate draft dedicated to IDP. I'd suggest to start small on IDP and draft 6 rounds starting either 3 or 4 IDPs per week. We could either start them all as flex or start 1DL 1LB 1CB 1Flex.

Vikings4ever:

I wouldn't mind a practice squad, but I'd give a big ;) to IDPs.

agreed

Vikings4ever:

I wouldn't mind a practice squad, but I'd give a big :thumbsdown: to IDPs.

I triple that!