Sign in to follow this  
Guest Loose Circuits

T. Jones hasn't practiced the past 2 days

Guest Loose Circuits

I'm not saying that Benson is going to overtake T. Jones, but it is possilby that with the increased reps in practice that Benson can earn a larger role in the offense. The latest reports have said that Benson has been practicing better and the coaches are encouraged...

links-

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5036/news

Oct 28 Bears running back Thomas Jones missed a second straight day of practice to rest his injured knee, the Chicago Tribune reports. He is listed as probable on the week eight injury report.

Views: Jones has played and played well despite the injury and despite missing practice. Keep him in your lineup against a Lions defense on which he posted 139 and two scores in week two.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7180/news

Oct 26 Starter Thomas Jones is keeping rookie Cedric Benson off the field, but Bears brass continues to support their No. 1 draft pick. "It's not that we don't want to put [No.] 32 in,'' offensive coordinator Ron Turner told the Chicago Sun-Times."It's just hard to take 20 out…[we're] very pleased with the way [benson's] running and what he's doing.''

Views: Turner said Benson's efforts in preparing for last week's game were the best of his young career. Of course, fantasy owners would rather see some actual production on the field on Sundays, but this is at least a positive sign that the rookie is taking his role seriously.

TJ is the man in Chicago this year. If Benson gets a few more carries that would be good for TJ considering how much they pound him, plus he is playing on a hurt knee.

Guest Loose Circuits

The logical assumption is that T. Jones has been playing lights out, so he will continue to do so. However, if I was a T. Jones owner I would be concerned that he hasn't been practicing and is already shown signs of wearing down. There is no reason to expect that he will continue to dominate at the level he has been. He has never shown signs of durability in the past and I'm not sure we should expect it this year...

It may be a good time to shop him around to see if you can get something of equal value for him...

The logical assumption is that T. Jones has been playing lights out, so he will continue to do so. However, if I was a T. Jones owner I would be concerned that he hasn't been practicing and is already shown signs of wearing down. There is no reason to expect that he will continue to dominate at the level he has been. He has never shown signs of durability in the past and I'm not sure we should expect it this year...

It may be a good time to shop him around to see if you can get something of equal value for him...

Where has he shown signs of wearing down?

In the past 4 games, he's averaging about 25 carries a game (27,24,23,25). :cry:

The logical assumption is that T. Jones has been playing lights out, so he will continue to do so.  However, if I was a T. Jones owner I would be concerned that he hasn't been practicing and is already shown signs of wearing down.  There is no reason to expect that he will continue to dominate at the level he has been.  He has never shown signs of durability in the past and I'm not sure we should expect it this year...

Where has he shown signs of wearing down?

In the past 4 games, he's averaging about 25 carries a game (27,24,23,25). :cry:

His wife was complaining that he hasn't had the energy after games to beat her as long or hard as in other seasons. :cry:

Jones not practicing everyday will be the norm the rest of the year. He'll continue to put up stellar numbers no matter if he practices or not. Great way to keep him fresh and ready for Sundays. :cry: Benson won't be a factor until next year.

Desperate Benson owner.

Jones not practicing everyday will be the norm the rest of the year. He'll continue to put up stellar numbers no matter if he practices or not. Great way to keep him fresh and ready for Sundays. :( Benson won't be a factor until next year.

He did practice last week except Thursday. Two weeks ago he skipped most/all of the week and we presumed he would miss Minnesota and perhaps another week.

Same thing has been going on most of the year with C-Mart. These guys with nagging knee injuries often skip Wednesday and/or Thursday.

The other common denominator is these warriors are ready to go on Game Day. Non-story IMO.

in my best Allen Iverson: "Practice? He's taling about practice and I'm talking about winning games. Practice?" :(

who gives a damn about whether or not he's practicing, he's running hard and scoring td's "Practice?"

Guest Loose Circuits

To clarify, I don't own either I tried to stay away from the situation draft day. At this time, I wish I would have snagged T. Jones. I saw this news and that was the conclusion I came too. Benson getting the extra reps has to be good for him, and open the door for some playing time.

I would say having a banged up knee and not practicing is signs of wearing down. While Caddy was playing with a bum wheel and getting all those carries, but being listed on the injury report as probable was he being shown signs of wearing down?

To clarify, I don't own either I tried to stay away from the situation draft day.  At this time, I wish I would have snagged T. Jones.  I saw this news and that was the conclusion I came too.  Benson getting the extra reps has to be good for him, and open the door for some playing time.

I would say having a banged up knee and not practicing is signs of wearing down.  While Caddy was playing with a bum wheel and getting all those carries, but being listed on the injury report as probable was he being shown signs of wearing down?

People have been saying the door is opening for Benson all year. Unless T Jones gets hurt I don't see it. I would say T Jones is having a Pro Bowl worthy year so far.

To clarify, I don't own either I tried to stay away from the situation draft day. At this time, I wish I would have snagged T. Jones. I saw this news and that was the conclusion I came too. Benson getting the extra reps has to be good for him, and open the door for some playing time.

I would say having a banged up knee and not practicing is signs of wearing down. While Caddy was playing with a bum wheel and getting all those carries, but being listed on the injury report as probable was he being shown signs of wearing down?

The guy has the 4th highest rushing attempts per game in the NFL (that includes only getting 35 carries in his first 2 games).

So even with a banged up knee and limited practice, I don't see where he is wearing down.

I do, however, think that they'll give Benson about 4-5 more carries a game. The Bears have to see if Benson is the real deal, and at least need him to shoulder some of the load. :shocking:

Benson WILL NOT SEE NOTICEABLE INCREASED playing time IF CHI is still in the hunt for the division OR if they get way up on an opponent!!!!

They will milk TJ as much as possible & spell him while they can(including less practice time)

CHI will have plenty of opportunity next preseason to have Benson play.....they won't chance their season this year on a non productive rookie holdout.

I would say T Jones is having a Pro Bowl worthy year so far.

No doubt :banana:

No doubt...no doubt... :first:

:shocking: I got him for Chambers. :( ;)

No doubt :banana:

No doubt...no doubt... :mellow:

I would even go as far as to say he is having an MVP type year right now.

I would go so far as to say he is a mini-Priest. :ph34r:

in my best Allen Iverson: "Practice? He's taling about practice and I'm talking about winning games. Practice?" :o

who gives a damn about whether or not he's practicing, he's running hard and scoring td's "Practice?"

:( ;)

:mellow: :banana: :cry:

"His wife was complaining that he hasn't had the energy after games to beat her as long or hard as in other seasons."

That's too funny!

Read your first post.

Now read your second post.

Obviously you are a disgrunteld Benson owner who missed out on this train.

:pointstosky:

"His wife was complaining that he hasn't had the energy after games to beat her as long or hard as in other seasons."

That's too funny!

A thank you...I don't know if people remember when he broke his hand in Arizona...he said he was "answering the phone."

I wish I had the link but I remember reading an article that showed how Thomas Jones gets stronger in the 4th Quarter statistically.

Dr. Loose Circuits...please explain why TJones owners would consider trading him or how he is breaking down? :thumbsup:

I stoll him in a trade last year, I kept him as one of my 4 keepers then I traded him....I got the short end of the stick this time around...KARMA BABY!!!! :banana:

I wish I had the link but I remember reading an article that showed how Thomas Jones gets stronger in the 4th Quarter statistically.

See midway down the page for split by quarter.

His fourth quarter stats are very impressive! 33 carries, 183yds (5.5 avg) 4 TDs :angry:

Situational Stats

No doubt <_<

No doubt...no doubt... :huh:

I would even go as far as to say he is having an MVP type year right now.

I would go so far as to say he is a mini-Priest. :ph34r:

I would go so far as to say I wish I'd drafted him in the first round instead of Julius Jones.

:ph34r:

Guest Loose Circuits
The logical assumption is that T. Jones has been playing lights out, so he will continue to do so.  However, if I was a T. Jones owner I would be concerned that he hasn't been practicing and is already shown signs of wearing down.  There is no reason to expect that he will continue to dominate at the level he has been.  He has never shown signs of durability in the past and I'm not sure we should expect it this year...

Read your first post.

Now read your second post.

Obviously you are a disgrunteld Benson owner who missed out on this train.

:thumbsup:

don't own either... Just analyzed information I saw and that was the conclusion I came to.

That's too funny!

A thank you...I don't know if people remember when he broke his hand in Arizona...he said he was "answering the phone."

Answer = b!tch slap

Phone = whiny @ss wife

Yep... I'd say you got that one right. :o

Sounds like a man who got beat by a team that owns T.Jones. :o

Guest Loose Circuits

Dr. Loose Circuits...please explain why TJones owners would consider trading him or how he is breaking down? :o

I am just saying this is a situation to watch... I said I would consider dealing him if you can get someone of equal value while it's so high. For example, packaging T. Jones with a good wr for one of the top 3 or maybe straight up deal for Jordan or Jackson. (Jackson's schedule is easy on the home stretch).

I already said he's been sitting out of practice which isn't a good sign and his value is super high right now. Caddy was doing the same thing around week 2 and I traded him 2 of 3 leagues I owned him in. Boy am I glad I did that....

Who knows? Maybe this is the year that Thomas Jones doesn't break down, I just wouldn't bet on it. At the least you probably want to make sure you have Ced Benson as insurance, but I'm not so sure he would go in do the same types of things. The worst scenario would be Benson picking up around 10 carries a game in which case Jones may not be as effective. Only a few guys are really cut out to carry a team...I'm not so sure Jones is one of them..he has been so far. If I owned him I would be skeptical...