Sign in to follow this  
harken34

Traded the 1st overall pick for the 3rd overall in a re-draft

For everyone saying this was a bad trade just wait. I traded the 1st pick too a Seahwaks fan so Alexander goes first. Found out last night the guy picking 2nd is a huge Chager fan and will be taking LT if he is there. So I'm going to get LJ unless the 2nd pick guy doesn't pull the trigger on his man. But it doesn't matter LJ or LT I'll take ethier.

Now about the trading and getting an extra pick. I'm in a huge keeper league. This is my main league. This draft were talking about is a yahoo $30 per person league. Theres no way of trading draft picks other draft picks unless I have the guy I trading pick the player for me. That is why I didn't get anything extra. I justed wanted a sooner pick in the 2nd round.

For everyone saying this was a bad trade just wait. I traded the 1st pick too a Seahwaks fan so Alexander goes first. Found out last night the guy picking 2nd is a huge Chager fan and will be taking LT if he is there. So I'm going to get LJ unless the 2nd pick guy doesn't pull the trigger on his man. But it doesn't matter LJ or LT I'll take ethier.

Now about the trading and getting an extra pick. I'm in a huge keeper league. This is my main league. This draft were talking about is a yahoo $30 per person league. Theres no way of trading draft picks other draft picks unless I have the guy I trading pick the player for me. That is why I didn't get anything extra. I justed wanted a sooner pick in the 2nd round.

It's a keeper league!!!!!!!!!! and you traded the #1 pick and got nothing!!!!!

this was an AWFUL, AWFUL trade. I am lost for words to explain how bad this trade was.

Can I borrow your crystal ball? Alexander outscored LJ by 33 points last year and LJ outscored LT by 6 points. How is he 50 points better than either Alexander or LT. They all seem fairly equal to me.

Might have something to do with LJ only starting 9 games and barely getting 10 touches the rest of the time. Still want my crystal balls?

:D

He did get something :banana:

Yeah, he got punked... :banana:

No, what you did, but not explaining is waste everybodys time.

And finally...you made the trade not knowing about the #2 guy being a Chargers guys, so if it works that way you're lucky and you play with idiots who pick with their heart/allegiance instead of making the best pick. This isn't to say that both Alexander and LT won't be better this year than LJ, it's saying that the whole FF world believe LJ is the newest, biggest, baddest beast around. No, LJ hasn't done it more than one year, neither had LT2 when it was his 2nd year. IMO you gave away the player with the highest ceiling in exchange for picking 2 spots earlier the next round AND gave up the advantage of the back to back picks at 2/3 etc. You can justify this anyway you like, but just browse back through this thread and you'll see prolly 95% of the posters believe you got hosed, or in this case, hosed yourself.

So the guy really wants SA and will take him first. That means it was a huge deal for him that you gave him the 1st pick. So he got something of huge value to him. What was it you got again, oh yeah the 26th pick instead of the 28th and the loss of the wrap-around pick in the 3rd. Sounds like a fair deal <_<

Secondly, your explanation of getting LJ makes it sound like an even worse deal. I thought it was a bad deal if you considered the top 3 all even and got nothing in return. But now you are trying to justify the deal saying you may get LJ (which you didn't know at the time of the trade). So if it is good if you get LJ that means you were giving up even more value because you thought you wouldn't get him w/ the trade. And what did you get for giving up this value and giving the other guy exactly what he wanted, oh yeah the 26th pick instead of the 28th and the loss of the wrap-around pick in the 3rd.

Everyone makes bad deals. That is part of FF. The first step in avoiding future ones is admitting it was a bad deal and learn from it. Actually the first step is not to brag about your bad deals.

What I don't get (and sorry for going over ground that others have covered) is this.

I can understand if you don't see much of a difference between the three players - although the fear of injury is a very valid one, meaning that this kind of trade should only be executed when the draft is imminent.

But there is a massive difference between 2 picks in the first round (let alone at the very top) and two picks at the bottom of the second. Our league rules (to evaluate trades) rank first round picks as three times as valuable on average than second round picks on average. Sure, drop two places in the first round but at the very least expect to move up from the 5th to the 4th or even 4th to the 3rd. Two places in the second round are nothing in comparison. You may rate the top 3 players as much-of-a-muchness and therefore the trade as giving little extra value to your opponent, but it is more than likely that the opponent sees it very differently.

Frankly, though, I cannot understand how the Commish allowed this trade as balanced. Mine would have laughed, banned me from the league and told me to sign up to a FF forum until I knew what I was doing. Maybe mine is just too harsh...

When is your draft?

I think trading into the 3rd position was ok, however, if one of the big 3 goes down in training camp before your draft happens, you are going to be hating life when you are stuck with someone else.

"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." -Mike McDermott, Rounders.

Everybody else has spotted the sucker...have you yet?

I would like that move better if pre-season was over. For your sake, you'd better hope none of the top 3 has an injury before the season opener. If that happens, your #3 pick will turn out to be more like a current #4 pick.

Please don't take this personally, but you're an idiot. You just gave a shot a LJ, who MIGHT be 50 pts better at season end than the next best RB, for a move up of 2 spots to take a 2nd RB who WILL be only 5 pts better than the guy two spots later. If you wanted to make this a fairer trade, you would have swapped spots in the in the first round, then made him swap back spots in Rnds 3 and 5. But even then, I don't make this trade. In a 10 team league, maybe, but in a 14 team league, you never get a chance to make up for what LJ might score if he does what he's capable of.

If your going to call someone an idiot at least quote the right post for christ sake. :rolleyes:

If your going to call someone an idiot at least quote the right post for christ sake. :rolleyes:

Fixored, with my apologies mozzy...

It's a keeper league!!!!!!!!!! and you traded the #1 pick and got nothing!!!!!

this was an AWFUL, AWFUL trade. I am lost for words to explain how bad this trade was.

No my other league is a keeper league this is happing in a re-draft league

Might have something to do with LJ only starting 9 games and barely getting 10 touches the rest of the time. Still want my crystal balls?

:thumbsdown:

Yeah, he got punked... ;)

No, what you did, but not explaining is waste everybodys time.

I just found this out tough guy

When is your draft?

I think trading into the 3rd position was ok, however, if one of the big 3 goes down in training camp before your draft happens, you are going to be hating life when you are stuck with someone else.

Two weeks. Yes it would suck very bad.

Think it's an excellent move. Also you can't guarantee that one of the guys you wanted doesn't slip and then you'll be a genius. I love pre draft trades, it shows you have a plan.

Suckaz betta recognize...

LJ is the real deal. No trade down is good if you give up LJ. Can anyone argue with anything the man has done when he's on the field starting? ever? OK then, shush.

Besides, look at the post. You traded down in the first to get a leg up in the 2nd. Cool.

However, the guy gets to screw you in the 3rd, oops. And every other odd round after that, oops.

At the end of the draft, the other guy is still up 3 picks on you.... and got LJ. You got played.

Suckaz betta recognize...

LJ is the real deal. No trade down is good if you give up LJ. Can anyone argue with anything the man has done when he's on the field starting? ever? OK then, shush.

Besides, look at the post. You traded down in the first to get a leg up in the 2nd. Cool.

However, the guy gets to screw you in the 3rd, oops. And every other odd round after that, oops.

At the end of the draft, the other guy is still up 3 picks on you.... and got LJ. You got played.

If you would have read all the post you'd now what the hell is going on. I'm still getting LJ with the 3rd pick. The guy picking first is picking Alexander and the 2nd pick will be used on LT. I also have to laugh at your recognize :D :wall: There now I feel better ... no one more :wall: ahhhhhh