Sign in to follow this  
scrotch

RB L. White comes into camp in shape

Titansonline.com has updated with an interview with 2nd round pick Lendale White. The interview can be found here

Interview

and here's a recent picture of him.

Picture of White taken yesterday

He looks to be in good shape, and the fact that he's under his goal weight is good. I'm sure he'll get back up to his normal playing weight 230-235 as the season starts. This should be an interesting training camp battle. He seems to have a great attitude, but we'll see how he holds up.

I like him fot the second half of the year, what round is the earliest you should grab him, 7th?

Well, I hate to admit it, I am a White fan and I think he can do really well this year because of the mess that team has at RB. I'd feel comfortable grabbing him somewhere after the 6th or so. ANyone know his current ADP?

BTW can we put out an APB for his man boobs? :lol:

This guy is going to surprise a lot of people IMHO. He is a strong back that is faster on the field than his times in the 40 would indicate. I have seen this guy plow over people and burn them on the outside corner. I dont think it will take him long to unseat Christina Brown.

according to the FFToday Draft buddy, White's ADP is 8.06 in a 12 teamer. I think I'd consider taking him in the 7th if I got a good WR corps and a decent QB. I'll wait till training camp is over, so we can get a good indicator as to just how White will be used (ie goal line back) though.

I'd feel comfortable grabbing him somewhere after the 6th or so. ANyone know his current ADP?

according to the last 2 weeks of mocks on antsports his adp is 8.04 with the highest pick being 6.06 and the lowest being 9.09. 12 team mocks

In the mocks I have done, he is falling right where his ADP says he should. He is going 7th or 8th in every draft I have done. I have the ninth pick and I can always get him in the 7th but sometimes he goes before I pick again in the 8th.

I loved him coming out of USC. I thought he was the top back in the draft, and I still think he is. I probably wouldn't take him in the 6th because of the uncertainty around his playing time, but I'd definitely look at him in the 7th and 8th.

LenDale White-RB- Titans Jul. 30 - 3:26 pm et

LenDale White is reportedly "clearly behind" Chris Brown and Travis Henry.

Coach Jeff Fisher says White, whose first practice with the team was Sunday, is in good physical condition. We don't expect him to stay behind Henry for too long.

Source: Nashville Tennessean

He'll probably start the season off third on the depth chart, and should work his way up. I'd expect him to be a Chris Brown injury away from getting the lion's share (which certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility).

I loved him coming out of USC. I thought he was the top back in the draft, and I still think he is. I probably wouldn't take him in the 6th because of the uncertainty around his playing time, but I'd definitely look at him in the 7th and 8th.

Agreed. He was absolutely the unsung hero at USC. He broke the USC career RB TD record his JUNIOR YEAR and no one seemed to notice. I do think that USC's offensive line was very very good so I'm not sure how he'll fare at Tenessee (or the NFL rather). However, I think his style translates better to the pro game and I (privately) think he might have a better career than Bush. (Did I say that outloud?)

All the man boob and out of shape talk was funny and entertaining... but the kid is a power back with skills and a nose for the end zone.... Coming out I had him targeted for all my keepers and got him in 2 of them so I am happy. Its just a matter of time before he starts running over folks and scoring... assuming he can keep his nose clean and puts in the effort needed. Next to DeAngelo, I think he will be the best back out of this years class. Bush might make the highlight reel more often, but these two guys will end up carrying teams in their backs and putting up big numbers with less injury risk.

He may be talented, but his O-line is terrible. And Billy Volek and Drew Bennett aren't going to scare many defences. Even if he takes the starting job, I doubt he puts up numbers to make him an every-week starter.

This guy is going to surprise a lot of people IMHO. He is a strong back that is faster on the field than his times in the 40 would indicate. I have seen this guy plow over people and burn them on the outside corner. I dont think it will take him long to unseat Christina Brown.

Agreed. I think he'll pass Bong Henry pretty quickly for the #2 spot, and we all know that Chrissy will pull a muscle in his mangina in the next couple of weeks and miss several weeks because of it.

And Billy Volek and Drew Bennett aren't going to scare many defences.

Yeah, their 9 or 10 TDs in their last 5 or 6 games they played together wouldn't scare me much.