Sign in to follow this  
mgs316

Gotta love CJ, I think he's my #1 now :)

Espn.com article.

Chad Johnson

TO needs to figure it out. CJ's louder, more brash, talks tons of junk, but yet he does it in such a nice way, he gets away with it. (Oh yeah, plus he doesn't rip his QB's, his coaches, and his franchise.)

Could Johnson finally put it all together and have a Randyesque/Ricesque type season?

I read that today. Hard to not buy into his hype of wanting to break Rice's season record of 22 TDs, to separate himself from the "mediocre" WRs like Moss & TO.

It's also tough to watch his end zone celebrations when you're playing against him. Better to give that agony to someone else every week. He's number 1 on my board.

CJ forever.....competition committee never.

Can you name Palmer's backup? Who know's if Palmer is going to be the same. I think there rushing him back way to fast. That's why he's not my #1. I like Smith, Owens, and Moss before CJ.

Can you name Palmer's backup? Who know's if Palmer is going to be the same. I think there rushing him back way to fast. That's why he's not my #1. I like Smith, Owens, and Moss before CJ.

A. Wright, who will look his way alot! No , they are not rushing Palmer back... It will be more of a mental game , than physical with palmer for a few games....

What is his best season so far TD wise ( 9 or 10 ) and he is talking about breaking Rice records of 22 ........

He will never even come close to Rice record , he is a vey good WR but has nt really proven so far that he is a future HOF .

I like him but he is good for 100 reception , at least 10 Wr in the NFl will come within 10 rec of 100 and 9 TDs , he is a top tier WR but nothing exceptional.

CJ is a mini TO.

The truth is he will never approach on field TO status. Owens is the best WR in the NFL, has the stats to back it up, is bigger, stronger, and a much more dominate presence that simply can't be stopped.

TO also is the orginal. Chad is a wannabe TO. I think when it comes to end zone celebrations, there is only one and that is Terrell Owens. I mean, some of Chad's are good but the standard has been set and he can't meet it. Chad once talked crap about the Browns DB's, mocked them all week, and got owned. TO would never look like a fool if he went about the Browns secondary, the way Chad did. TO would have delivered.

CJ is a mini TO.

The truth is he will never approach on field TO status. Owens is the best WR in the NFL, has the stats to back it up, is bigger, stronger, and a much more dominate presence that simply can't be stopped.

TO also is the orginal. Chad is a wannabe TO. I think when it comes to end zone celebrations, there is only one and that is Terrell Owens. I mean, some of Chad's are good but the standard has been set and he can't meet it. Chad once talked crap about the Browns DB's, mocked them all week, and got owned. TO would never look like a fool if he went about the Browns secondary, the way Chad did. TO would have delivered.

Man Crush :pointstosky:

dude he makes rediculous claims all year long and only occasionally backs them up....he is a money number 1 wide reciever but i would say he'll top out at 12 tds max.....what did he have last year like 9? 22 is completely insane n i dont think anyone will approach that number ever again....

I don't think he will make that many anytime soon because the Bengals just have to many weapons and only one ball. :huh:

I was just joking about being the #1 wideout. Sure he could, but I doubt it. I still have him pegged at around 7-8.

I hope CJ does...he is the best wr in the game...I love to watch him play and listen to his pre...during...post game comments. There isn't a player in sports more entertaining than him!

I hope CJ does...he is the best wr in the game...I love to watch him play and listen to his pre...during...post game comments. There isn't a player in sports more entertaining than him!

Best Wr in the game.....CJ (to watch)

Most Talent ....T.O (on field)

Love CJ. I like the showing off and the crap talk. Makes football fun. Especially when a guy like him goes out and backs it up. I love the gold teeth too! :banana:

For the record, even before TO was a Cowboys, I always liked his stuff too. Its entertaining. The thing this week with TO in the tour de france outfit was classic......

Cad Johnson is a loud mouthed punk, who hopefully, will get oblitterated by a Pittsburgh DB this year. If you taped his big mouth shut, his tongue would beat his brains out. Over-rated.

You're worried about Palmers back-up, and you're not worried about Moss's starter? Wow!

I just don't think Smith is going to come close to matching last year's numbers, and Moss is going to get very frustrated with Brooks early in the season. TO was at the top of my list before he decided to take all of training camp off. He's obviously the most gifted athlete on the list, but I want to see some chemistry between him and Bledsoe.

I just hope to be at the end of the second. I'd be happy with the WR6 or 7.

Best Wr in the game.....CJ (to watch)

Most Talent ....T.O (on field)

I'll agree with that to a point.

On the field TO does everything you want from a superstar wr.

Off the field CJ is the star of the show.

But, we must look at this from an overall view. Everything TO does is "look at me" and he'll get mad if you don't give him his needed vanity time. Everyone in the Cowboys organization is waiting to see if TO can make it a full season. If you don't think this will hurt the Cowboys you are mistaken.

CJ screams look at me and as soon as you do he'll tell you how great he's gonna be, but he'll tell you I need Marvin Lewis to help me get there.....I'll do whatever I have to do to make my team win....he's a team first guy and there is no disruptions from him. With his "db list" I think it took pressure off of Palmer and co., and that helped his entire team...IMO.

So, I'll take the complete package that CJ brings compared to Owens.

(My close second after CJ would Hines Ward)

I see Chad Johnson had 10 touchdowns in a season only once before. I think I'd rather not waste a high draft pick on him and grab McCardell or Galloway later. I'd still get the same production but just less of a show.

What is his best season so far TD wise ( 9 or 10 ) and he is talking about breaking Rice records of 22 ........

He will never even come close to Rice record , he is a vey good WR but has nt really proven so far that he is a future HOF .

I like him but he is good for 100 reception , at least 10 Wr in the NFl will come within 10 rec of 100 and 9 TDs , he is a top tier WR but nothing exceptional.

yes and add that to the fact that palmer WONT be 100 percent come season start and i think thats why we shouldnt have CJ at #1.

Espn.com article.

Chad Johnson

TO needs to figure it out. CJ's louder, more brash, talks tons of junk, but yet he does it in such a nice way, he gets away with it. (Oh yeah, plus he doesn't rip his QB's, his coaches, and his franchise.)

Could Johnson finally put it all together and have a Randyesque/Ricesque type season?

yeah, really, right on. He should take a cue from chad and get in a fight with his new receivers coach then take a swing at the head coach like chad reportedly did during the half time of the steelers game. It is almost as if TO doesn't put in the effort any more.

I see Chad Johnson had 10 touchdowns in a season only once before. I think I'd rather not waste a high draft pick on him and grab McCardell or Galloway later. I'd still get the same production but just less of a show.

Are you high? You expect Chad Johnson to have production similar to Keenan McCardell or Joey Galloway? Chad Johnson, no matter what you think of him, is a definite #1 WR. He's topped 180 points (in the FF Today default scoring) the past 3 seasons. And you can't say it's all because of Palmer. In '03, his breakout season, Jon Kitna was the QB.

Other than last year, Galloway's highest scoring season since 2000 was 120 points. McCardell's highest since 2000 was 165 points in 2003.

Not saying they're bad players, but in no way are they at the level of Chad Johnson.

yeah, really, right on. He should take a cue from chad and get in a fight with his new receivers coach then take a swing at the head coach like chad reportedly did during the half time of the steelers game. It is almost as if TO doesn't put in the effort any more.

Haven't heard of this....got a link?

Haven't heard of this....got a link?

It's in the article, but no one has confirmed that story is even true other then he agreed that he bitched about not getting the ball. He overreacted, so sue him, at least he didn't call out his quarterback and say he was gay, so that's a feather in his cap.

CJ is a mini TO.

TO is a POS, CJ is not. End of story.

As far as the stats, CJ will never put up ungodly numbers the way Rice did for three reasons. 1) There's too many weapons on that team. 2) He drops too many balls. 3) His run after the catch isn't so great. Still a stud though.

what clown in here thinks he is overrated ? The man who has rung up more receiving yards in the NFL than any other player in the last two seasons, a guy who has averaged 94 catches, 1,354 yards and 9.3 touchdown grabs over the past three years and earned three straight Pro Bowl berths, seems intent in 2006 on doing it even better.

yeah overrated the numbers dont lie