Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Portis Prayer circle

I did win it all in 05 ! :ninja:

LJ makes up for a lot of different weaknesses :wacko:

Yeah, thanks for inviting me into the league. :D :banana: :banana:

Portis has a separated shoulder - per Suzy Colber

And she said it will be re-evaluated tomorrow.

Seperated shoulder, "it went out and then back in, he will be evaluated on Monday".

Edit - Gepetto beat me to it by milliseconds :dunno:

separated shoulder. one of those pop-out-and-back-in jobs, according the chick sideline reporter. sounds similar to benson's.

Not good, this is very common injury for backs...could nag him all season long.

What a waste, he should have been in a hat and a t-shirt like LT2

I do not think you will see Clinton Portis anymore in this preseason. Coach Gibbs knows exactly what he has, and will not risk injuring him in games that do not count !

separated shoulder. one of those pop-out-and-back-in jobs, according the chick sideline reporter. sounds similar to benson's.

so who doesn't have a tv next to their computer? :dunno:

Coach Gibbs knows exactly what he has, and will not risk injuring him in games that do not count !

:dunno:

aw crap.

I have him in my geek league. So much for 4th overall. What's he doing making a tackle in the preseason for.

??? :dunno:

Not good, this is very common injury for backs...could nag him all season long.

What a waste, he should have been in a hat and a t-shirt like LT2

Could be a harness deal...he should be ok...I hope.

Just wondering, if 17 people here report the same thing, does that make it more accurate?

Experienced popped out, popped back in shoulder guy here.

This is an injury that once it happens once, it continues to happen. Unless his rotary cuff, etc didn't get damaged at all, but I am sure his joint was stretched.

It popped out during a football game when some guys landed on it funny. It popped back in by itself. About 6 weeks later it happened again but this time a doctor had to put it back in the socket.

My shoulder continued to dislocate/separate when I did things such as plain old tossing and turning in my sleep (I am not kidding I woke up to a separated shoulder once)

Eventually had to get surgery. A year after my surgery it popped out again...........

Drop Portis down.....way down.

So does Clinton Portis dress up like Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon during the next media day, or do we see him partnering with Danny Glover?

I can't wait to see him POP his shoulder back into place against the goalpost.

SUPER!!!! :wall: :banana:

I wonder how far he'll fall in FF drafts now. Even if he is ok for the start of the season, this is a huge worry for people. Could be a big value if he falls far enough, or an injury bust.

I wonder how far he'll fall in FF drafts now. Even if he is ok for the start of the season, this is a huge worry for people. Could be a big value if he falls far enough, or an injury bust.

Considering his shoulder concerns from last year coupled with this, I won't touch him in the first round.

So where would you guys rank Portis after this. It has to be a worry given his reputation for being undersized and not very durable. I was actually thinking of taking hime at 4 overall before tonight.

By the way...

You can all blame me for Portis getting hurt...it was my fault. I drafted him.

Sorry. :bench:

Actually its not you....... it's my loser MUSH friend who jinxes everything he touches..... said he'd be the # 1 RB this year and has been trying to trade me L.J. for him all off-season.... the kid is the biggest god damn MUSH on planet earth.... his last 3 first round picks in my Dynasty League..... Justin Fargas, Rashaun Woods, & Mike Williams

Actually its not you....... it's my loser MUSH friend who jinxes everything he touches..... said he'd be the # 1 RB this year and has been trying to trade me L.J. for him all off-season.... the kid is the biggest god damn MUSH on planet earth.... his last 3 first round picks in my Dynasty League..... Justin Fargas, Rashaun Woods, & Mike Williams

Well I think its my dark cloud that bares some blame....minutes before the game started i dealt away 3 future #1picks for Portis...I knew i was giving up the future, but was hoping not the present as well LOL.Even had to double check the times just to be sure a fast one hadnt beenpulled on me...but alas just dumb luck LOL c'est la vie

Well I think its my dark cloud that bares some blame....minutes before the game started i dealt away 3 future #1picks for Portis

:P :banana: :lol: :thumbsup: :dunno:

This is not a dislocated shoulder, its a separated shoulder. There are several grades of this type of injury. Until more details are known, I wouldn't jump to conclusions about where to draft him. If it is a lesser grade injury then all were talking about is pain. If its severe, then were talking about surgery and missing signifigant time.

We dont draft until this Saturday, so hopefully info will be known by then.

By the way...

You can all blame me for Portis getting hurt...it was my fault. I drafted him.

Sorry. :banana:

It was George Bush`s fault! Not to worry scooter. Week #1 vs Minnesota: Portis 23 rushes...105 yards...1 TD. The beginning of his best season ever in the NFL.

I'm in 8 leagues, and yet I managed not to get him in any of them. Time for the banana. :banana:

this is exactly why drafting 5 weeks before the season starts is retarded.

this is exactly why drafting 5 weeks before the season starts is retarded.

I disagree... we are simulating being NFL coaches here and part of being a coach in the NFL is dealing with injuries.. I like doing the draft before the preseason even starts...

I actually think it makes the game more fun and more of a challenge...

When I lost Deuce last year I had to make all kinda trades and WW pickups just to manage the team... but I still made the playoffs and came in third place... not 1st but better than just giving up...

Who was that Detriot RB a couple years ago who hurt his shoulder in pre-season? Some people thought the injury was nothing while other people refused to draft him. He ended up being a total bust that season.

Can anyone remember the name of that player?

With ESPN using the wording - DISLOCATED Portis might indeed be out for season if it requires surgery. For those of us who own Betts could be good news actually as at least we wouldn't have Portis in for 2 plays then leave or all out RBBC to keep Portis fresh.

If it is a Dislocation and not a Seperation Portis is toast fellas and shouldn't even be looked at in the first 2 rounds at least and I own Portis - having just traded L. Jordan and Housh to get him !

They just said on Sirius NFL radio that he is more than likely out 4-6 weeks. :thumbsdown:

If its dislocated - it will be more time than 4 - 6 weeks ! more likely 2-3 months