Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Buckeyes/Longhorns

This has all the makings to be the best game of the year. Stars, great offenses, potential Heisman winners, great venue to have a great college game such as this. The game isn't for three more days, but never too early to start talking about a great potential game. I think the suspension of the Texas players will really hurt and will be one reason Ginn will have a great game.

Question is.........who's gonna win!

My pick: Ohio State 38 Texas 31 in a thriller.

For anoyone who's not sure who to root for check this out and it will sway your vote:

http://www.zippyvideos.com/2473693102567086/b1agg20rg4bs/

I think Texas' D will keep it respectable and the Horns' offense will pound the ball on the ground to keep the Buckeyes' offense off the field.

Considering home field advantage:

Texas 31

Buckeyes 27

Let's assume the game is close and the game comes down to the end. If Texas wins they will move to the #1 spot. Will OSU move to #2 having 1 loss with USC and Auburn undefeated?

If Texas loses a close game but plays well do they deserve to stay where they are at or get moved down?

Will playing this early in the season allow either team to recover from a loss and still make the NC game?

Go Longhorns!

Let's assume the game is close and the game comes down to the end. If Texas wins they will move to the #1 spot. Will OSU move to #2 having 1 loss with USC and Auburn undefeated?

If Texas loses a close game but plays well do they deserve to stay where they are at or get moved down?

Will playing this early in the season allow either team to recover from a loss and still make the NC game?

Go Longhorns!

Losing this early is definitly a plus vs losing at the end of the year...especially for Ohio State since they dont' have a conference championship at the end of the year. Whoever loses, I expect them to drop to No. 6 in the polls....maybe No. 5.

As a Longhorn fan who went to the game last year in Columbus, I am surely looking forward to some serious whoopass on you bad sport Buckeye fans. Could not have been abused worse last year, but who was laughing in the end? Come on down, we are waiting for you.

Hey Boomer Sooner:

Your team is irrelevant!

Nice QB

You know he did play pretty well in his first game. Bomar wasn't a leader anyways. I can't wait till we play you'll this year. Your victory last year was the first victory in the last six or seven years. Don't bet you'll be lucky enough this year.

Texas :rolleyes:

I have a family vacation in North carolina and have to watch this game there instead of in Columbus. I'm really bummed I'm not going to be surrounded by a bunch of Bucks fans.

Oh well...GOOOOO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! :) :banana: :pointstosky:

I get a kick out of all D questions concerning OSU. Sure they lost 9 starters to the NFL, but what did they actually reveal against N.Illinois?, after a 28-0 start they were constantly subbing on defense thru out the rest of the game, so was NI running back legit in getting his 170+ yards?. Come on people, Tressell isn't gonna show no more than he has to. A bulk of that RB's yards were agains players that probably wouldn't even see the field against Texas. Gotta give Tressell credit, he jumped to a good lead and didn't reveal a thing about the over all state of his defense. But gave U a taste of what the offense could do. It could of been 49+ pts if not for the bad fumbles lost in the redzone for the buck.

ANyways it should be a great game............

Bucks 27

Horns 20

:)

I'm pulling for Ohio State. Just scored free tix for the OSU @ Iowa game. :doublethumbsup: It'll be a few more weeks till the Buckeyes get their cherry popped.

The Buckeyes have rented the erwin center out and Stubbs BBQ. On that point alone I will go with the Buckeyes.

Make a good tackle...give'em a buckeye.

OSU 27

UT 24

Texas homer here, and the thought of a freshman trying to lead the Horns against a team the caliber of The Ohio State scares the hell out of me. I hate saying it, but turnovers do them in...

Buckeyes 20

Longhorns 16

Go Horns Go!

Getting closer....gotta keep this near the top to see who's right and who's wrong!

Bump time!

Stuck over seas boys and need to get the OSU-Texas game over my computer some how and the games on Sunday. A friend recommended www.i-stream.com, but said he doesn't know the site. Do any of you? Do you guys know another dependable site which I can subscribe to today and watch the games on this laptop? I have a DSL internet connection - not too bad for this deployment location.

I checked out CSTV but their only feeding the audio for the game.

First of all, let's be clear, Oklahoma will always be on top. :cheers:

Having said that, I'll always take any Big 12 team (except A&M) over an outsider:

Texas 48

TOSU 13

:banana:

I will give TOSU one thing - the only school I know that has an in house punk rock band, the Dead Schembechlers*.

* edit: had originally typed this as Schembelchers, something worth preserving for posterity

I'm obviously a homer here, but I like Texas for two reasons:

1. Our defense- even without Terell Brown, Aaron Ross has alot of big game experience. He played our nickle role last year and played well, and is a very aggressive corner. My only concern is that he is a bit of a gambler, a la Nathan Vasher, but he should be ok against Ginn with safety help. We will overload blitz to force Troy Smith where we want him to go, force him to throw into double coverage on one side of the field. Our athletic linebackers will be fast enough to hold their own against Pittman and Smith....

2. Da Trenches'- Texas is absolutely dominant on both sides of the line... Offensively and Defensively. Our ends have dropped weight to make them more explosive, but not at the expense of their power. Our tackles are absolutely huge, and our best athlete at that position doesnt even start! We will blow away the OSU def line, leaving Selvin Young and Charles to pound away the clock, and keep Ginn off the field...

I predict a 35-31 thriller, and a nasty hang over for myself on Sunday morning... :cheers:

This is gonna be a GREAT day of college football for me. Going to the ND - Penn ST game then get to come home and watch this #1 vs #2 showdown. I really have no rooting interest either way so I can just watch the game. My prediction -

Ohio St- 31

Texas- 20

I forgot Texas was at home so maybe make one of those fg's a TD but bottom line is that Texas is starting a frosh QB and Troy Smith will be the best player on the field.

As a Columbus native, OSU grad, and current Texas A&M Aggie, I'm slightly biased towards Ohio State and against tu! Anyways, with that said, I'm quite confident the Buckeyes will get it done. They've been thinking about this game since losing at home to Texas last year, they've got a powerful experienced veteran offense, their DEF is way better than what they've been given credit, and Ginn is gonna run all over whoever's filling in for their latest drug/weapons problem child. The biggest thing though is they're going to get to this virgin Texas QB early and often, and that's pressure the guy's never had to deal with, and he'll make enough mistakes for OSU to capitalize on.

Bucks 28

shorthorns 17

Longhorns 654

Phuckeyes 2

Longhorns pull it out in a squeaker. HOOK 'EM!!!!! :doublethumbsup:

Longhorns 654

Phuckeyes 2

Longhorns pull it out in a squeaker. HOOK 'EM!!!!! :rolleyes:

Only a teasip would feel so comfortable to talk about "pulling it out", in a "squeaker" no less. :doh:

I change my prediction.

OSU 300

Limpdiks 0

Can't wait to watch this one. Two great teams with just enough questions to not see a clear favorite. Experienced OSU offense against the stout Texas D (minus a starting corner). Frosh Texas QB against a revamped OSU defense. This game could go a lot of different ways.

Well the score wasn't as high as I thought, but the outcome was the same.

Congrats Bucks fans and to the Horns....don't hang your heads, you have a Natl' Championship trophy sitting in your trophy case from last year...young team, you'll be fine.

Is Michigan the only team that can beat OSU now? Iowa is desent, but I doubt it. If the Bucks defense plays like that the rest of the year......chalk it up, Natl' Champs this year.

Well the score wasn't as high as I thought, but the outcome was the same.

Congrats Bucks fans and to the Horns....don't hang your heads, you have a Natl' Championship trophy sitting in your trophy case from last year...young team, you'll be fine.

Is Michigan the only team that can beat OSU now? Iowa is desent, but I doubt it. If the Bucks defense plays like that the rest of the year......chalk it up, Natl' Champs this year.

:dunno: When's the last time Michigan beat OSU? :P Not gonna happen!!! ;)

:mad: When's the last time Michigan beat OSU? :banana: Not gonna happen!!! <_<

That will still be a real good game though. OSU should win, although Michigan is improved this year. I can realistically see OSU being national champs this year.

Cuse is right, we played hard, and our offense just couldnt consistantly move the ball. We should still be in the running for a BSC game, especially if teams like USC, Notre Dame, and Auburn slip up at all this year.

That will still be a real good game though. OSU should win, although Michigan is improved this year. I can realistically see OSU being national champs this year.

Cuse is right, we played hard, and our offense just couldnt consistantly move the ball. We should still be in the running for a BSC game, especially if teams like USC, Notre Dame, and Auburn slip up at all this year.

SC plays Notre Dame at the end of every year, so you will only need to worry about one of the two schools. Auburn isn't a complete team by any stretch of the imagination. OSU looked really good today... Like champs. Right now I'd put OSU #1, with a big dropoff to USD/ND #2/#3. Auburn a distant #4.

Still pretty early though. All four of those teams could flop, so it's hard to make any realistic comparisons right now.

:huh: When's the last time Michigan beat OSU? :dunno: Not gonna happen!!! :cheers:

Well, if we go back the last ten meetings, I think it's 5-5. I think OSU has won four in a row now. It's a rivalry...you can throw out all records. Last year OSU was superior to Michigan and yet they just barely won in the fourth quarter.

If you think it's a no-brainer win for OSU.....you either have OSU tunnel vision or know nothing about the OSU-Michigan rivalry...the best in all of sports. Regardless of records....it's almost always a great game.

Well, if we go back the last ten meetings, I think it's 5-5. I think OSU has won four in a row now. It's a rivalry...you can throw out all records. Last year OSU was superior to Michigan and yet they just barely won in the fourth quarter.

If you think it's a no-brainer win for OSU.....you either have OSU tunnel vision or know nothing about the OSU-Michigan rivalry...the best in all of sports. Regardless of records....it's almost always a great game.

Not four in a row, but the 5-5 over the last ten is not incorrect.

As a Longhorn fan who went to the game last year in Columbus, I am surely looking forward to some serious whoopass on you bad sport Buckeye fans. Could not have been abused worse last year, but who was laughing in the end? Come on down, we are waiting for you.

Well, I only have respect and good words for Texas football - You and texasmouth are idiots that make up the minority. Hope you enjoyed the game. Never, never make Tressel an underdog. We'll fight to the end - for O H I O!

Go BUCKEYES!