Sign in to follow this  
EAwer

barry is best of all time

My votes go to, in order.

1-Jim Brown

2-Walter Payton

3-Barry Sanders

I dont even think of Emmit when I think of great RB's. But thats just me. Earl Campbell & Eric Dickerson, and OJ all come to mind b4 him. Dont forget Priest, & now LT.

My votes go to, in order.

1-Jim Brown

2-Walter Payton

3-Barry Sanders

I dont even think of Emmit when I think of great RB's. But thats just me. Earl Campbell & Eric Dickerson, and OJ all come to mind b4 him. Dont forget Priest, & now LT.

I agree with everything you said, except I put Walter #1. But you are correct when saying Emmitt is not even top 5.

P.S. I know this may sound a little Homer is, but Gayle Sayers should get into the discussion.

Hey Detroit Homers what was the RB's name before Barry. He ended is career early with a knee, but he was awesome. (was it Billy Sims)?

Boldin and Fitz did that last year, 'zona was a real powerhouse i dont know how they didnt win the superbowl

look at the teams record

7-9

6-10

12-4

5-11

10-6

9-7

10-6

5-11

9-7

5-11

1 time with more than 10 wins, no consistancy at qb until 1995, dont say he played on some real good football teams

Go to the store and buy yourself some hooked on phonics. I didin't say he played on some real good teams! Learn to read and comprehend....I said his teams wasn't as bad as people say and all you did was prove my point by posting his records.....they wasn't 2-14....3-13....they were around .500 most of the time, not stellar, but not crappy....as I already stated.

Best ever?

O.J would kill all these guys

and Jim Brown was more dominant than OJ ever dreamed of being.

Walter is the greatest to ever play. Bo Jackson would be a close 2nd if it wasn't for his injuty, and let's not forget about J. Brown!

Emmitt 21579 yards from scrimmage

Barry 18190

Emmitt 18355 yards rushing

Barry 15269

Emmitt 175 touchdowns

Barry 109

Emmitt 164 rushing touchdowns

Barry 99

Emmitt 1900 postseason yards in 17 games

Barry 500 in 7 games

Emmitt 21 postseason tds in 17 games

Barry 1 in 7 games

Emmitt 1 Superbowl MVP

Barry 1 playoff victory

Emmitt 1 league MVP

Barry 1 CO-MVP

Emmitt 3 Super Bowl titles

Barry watched Emmitt win 3 Super Bowl titles

Emmitt winner

Barry quitter

:bench: SCOREBOARD :headbanger:

1. Barry played 10 years

2. Emmitt played 15

3. Barry played for the Lions

4. Emmitt played on the best team money could buy

:huh: He's not the first great to find it difficult to walk away. Look at Jerry Rice he would be playing this season if someone would give him the roster spot. It has nothing to do with compiling stats but then a loser who never played the game wouldn't understand a guy just not wanting it to end. And not to mention that the final season Emmitt played he was a 1,000 yard back on a truly crappy team. If he wanted to pad stats he surely could have played one more season and just added to his totals.

Sorry to bump this but I just had to reply....

Riddle me this, who did Jerry Rice every badmouth? Did he ever say he was a diamond amongst trash in San Fran? Oakland? No, Jerry Rice loved the game of football. Jerry Rice is a class act. Emmitt Smith is a P.O.S.

As I mentioned before no RB can call himself a 'diamond amongst trash' refering to the team he played with almost all his career, then turn around get his A$$ beat by that team, cry on the podium postgame, and still be called the greatest RB of all time....it's crazy how anyone can think that Emmit is GOAT. Emmit Smith = :ninja:

Barry - crap ass supporting cast. Enough said.

Take a look at the majority of teams Payton played on! I'd take most of those Lions teams anyday!

"5.2 yards per carry, never missed game, won the rushing title every year but one when he was in the league, there was a lot of contenders but if you have to select one, you have to pick Jim as the greatest running back in history."

- Bob Costas

lol this is funny. i made this post liek 3 weeks ago when i was wasted...now its back on top.

BARRY :banana:

Emmit, Brown, etc. all :(

Barry Sanders is the career leader of yards. .. . . .LOST. 1,114 yards lost for a career. Walter payton is the greatest of all time. Plus, if you make a case for barry having nobody on his team. The bears best receiver was WILLIE GAULT!!!!!!!!! I rest my case!

I pray to thee football gods to allow these dumba$$ "who's better" threads to die a horribly painful death.

Amen

now git me a beer dammit

1. Jim Brown

2. Bo Jackson

3. Emmitt Smith

4. Walter Payton

5. Gale Sayers

6. Barry Sanders

7. O.J. Simpson

8. Eric Dickerson

9. Tony Dorsett

10.Earl Campbell

11.Marcus Allen

12.Marshall Faulk

13.LaDainian Tomlinson

14.Shaun Alexander

15.Thurman Thomas

16.Franco Harris

Just my opinion.

Barry Sanders is the career leader of yards. .. . . .LOST. 1,114 yards lost for a career. Walter payton is the greatest of all time. Plus, if you make a case for barry having nobody on his team. The bears best receiver was WILLIE GAULT!!!!!!!!! I rest my case!

exactly, Barry hurt his team by losing yards dancing around in the backfield all the time. For every amazing crazy run he put on, it doesnt show the previous plays where he lost 12 yards messing around and he HAD to break a great play just to make up for his mistakes. He did not make his team better, so how could he be the best back of all time. When I think of the top 5 backs of all time, Barry Sanders doesnt even come to mind. Quite possibly the most overrated player in history.

i think this thread 3 years ago was better than this one...

and last years is 4th...

the whos better thread 5 years ago is probably second.....

:blink:

i think this thread 3 years ago was better than this one...

and last years is 4th...

the whos better thread 5 years ago is probably second.....

:blink:

yeah.......I agree.......if we're talking this years "Who's Greatest" thread, Gore would need to be mentioned. :D

exactly, Barry hurt his team by losing yards dancing around in the backfield all the time. For every amazing crazy run he put on, it doesnt show the previous plays where he lost 12 yards messing around and he HAD to break a great play just to make up for his mistakes. He did not make his team better, so how could he be the best back of all time. When I think of the top 5 backs of all time, Barry Sanders doesnt even come to mind. Quite possibly the most overrated player in history.

if by overrated u mean the most taleneted, humble, and responsible palyer ever, then yes barry is overated.

if by overrated u mean the most taleneted, humble, and responsible palyer ever, then yes barry is overated.

You are talking about the same guy who just quit on his team without any warning prior to the season right? Costing them the opportunity to address the position in the draft. The same guy who had to be taken to court for his team to get back the money he was paid in advance for a season he refused to suit up for right? That the guy? Real stand-up citizen there :dunno:

Sorry to bump this but I just had to reply....

Riddle me this, who did Jerry Rice every badmouth? Did he ever say he was a diamond amongst trash in San Fran? Oakland? No, Jerry Rice loved the game of football. Jerry Rice is a class act. Emmitt Smith is a P.O.S.

As I mentioned before no RB can call himself a 'diamond amongst trash' refering to the team he played with almost all his career, then turn around get his A$$ beat by that team, cry on the podium postgame, and still be called the greatest RB of all time....it's crazy how anyone can think that Emmit is GOAT. Emmit Smith = :thumbsup:

Hey genuis he was responding to the critics that were claiming that other running backs on the team (Troy Hambrick in particular) should be the feature back for the Cowboys. How did that turn out by the way? At least know the full context about what you are claiming before you reveal your ignorance to the entire board.

You are talking about the same guy who just quit on his team without any warning prior to the season right? Costing them the opportunity to address the position in the draft. The same guy who had to be taken to court for his team to get back the money he was paid in advance for a season he refused to suit up for right? That the guy? Real stand-up citizen there :dunno:

Hey genuis he was responding to the critics that were claiming that other running backs on the team (Troy Hambrick in particular) should be the feature back for the Cowboys. How did that turn out by the way? At least know the full context about what you are claiming before you reveal your ignorance to the entire board.

the same guy that handed the ball to the reff after every touchdown, was never written about negatively for any off field action, never arrested. never caught with drugs, driving drunk, has an extrmeley nice family that i met, just a really stand up guy off the field.

Dude, the Bears won the Superbowl. WTF are you talking about?