Sign in to follow this  
firehawks

LAmont Jordan

Die hard Raider fan, who drafted LJ-2 at # 11 in 1st round of a 16 team league,

I am 2-1 (thank you Westbrook, D-Jax) despite Jordan doing nothing.

Anyone else think Jordan's poor stats were more due to opp defenses than anything else, and that when Oakland starts playing the less than stellar defenses (CLEV, ARIZ, SF- next 3 games) that he will put up big time numbers.

Opinions ?

QB- Roethelesberger, B. Johnson

RB- Westbrook, Jordan, D. Williams, Jones-Drew, Buckhalter

WR- D. Jax, Driver, M. Jones, E. Parker, Northcutt

TE- Cooley, A Smith

K Feely, Scobee

DEF PITT

(remember this is a 16 team league)

I agree that my qbs stink. I had 11th pick and waited until 7th round to take qb. Took D. Williams in 6th (which may have been too early). Watched 6 qbs go in front of me in the 7th round. Was painful.

Was hoping D. Williams would have a big week so I could deal him for a qb.

But 16 teams is really hard.

But in 16 teams, every team has a major flaw.

Frye, Leftwich, Brees are also starting qbs.

I think it will get better as long as AB is not the qb. The schedule is more favorable in the fothcoming weeks as opposed to plying the top two d's in consecutive weeks.

I never did understand the use of being in a 16 team league. What fun is it to have a bunch of scrubs because every player worth a roster spot has been sucked dry? :banana:

I think it will get better as long as AB is not the qb. The schedule is more favorable in the fothcoming weeks as opposed to plying the top two d's in consecutive weeks.

I am not so sure the difference between Brooks and the inexperienced Walter will have much of an impact. The main issues in order of impact:

1) offensive line improvement

2) Involved in passing game

3) If Defense can keep games close

4) Decent QB play

I think LJ and the Raiders are going to look quite a bit better after the bye. I think Walter will be the new QB and after watching him come in in a nearly impossible situation against the Ravens, I was impressed and think he'll be pretty good. Definately an upgrade over Brooks. I think the Oline will make a few adjustments and also come out better, probably not great, but respectable. Like has been said above, they faced two of the best front 7's in the league their first two games. IMO that made them look a little worse than they actually are. I think they'll have a little more time to find Moss deep and I think LJ and Andersen will start seeing a few more balls thrown their way. This should balance things out a bit more and open some run lanes for Jordan. Once you see a little more balance, I honestly think we may see some very nice games out of a few Raiders. If I were in need of a RB or WR, I would seriously consider taking a gamble right now and try and buy low Jordan and/or Moss. I may be wrong but I really don't think they'll continue to stink it up all year. They may not win, but I think they'll produce some fantasy points.

I think LJ and the Raiders are going to look quite a bit better after the bye. I think Walter will be the new QB and after watching him come in in a nearly impossible situation against the Ravens, I was impressed and think he'll be pretty good. Definately an upgrade over Brooks. I think the Oline will make a few adjustments and also come out better, probably not great, but respectable. Like has been said above, they faced two of the best front 7's in the league their first two games. IMO that made them look a little worse than they actually are. I think they'll have a little more time to find Moss deep and I think LJ and Andersen will start seeing a few more balls thrown their way. This should balance things out a bit more and open some run lanes for Jordan. Once you see a little more balance, I honestly think we may see some very nice games out of a few Raiders. If I were in need of a RB or WR, I would seriously consider taking a gamble right now and try and buy low Jordan and/or Moss. I may be wrong but I really don't think they'll continue to stink it up all year. They may not win, but I think they'll produce some fantasy points.

Agree 100%. Jordan's been riding the pine since week 1, but weeks 4 & 5 he'll be in my lineup. Soft matchups, Jordan more involved in the passing game, younger less experienced QB relying more on his RB as a dump off...2 weeks to prepare the O-Line, and games against CLE, SF and HOU on the schedule, LaMont Jordan will have some excellent games this year, IMO.

Yes, that team is bad, but I've said this over and over again - don't forget to give a little credit to the Ravens & Chargers defenses. That made the Raiders look a lot worse than they are.

It's a function of a few things IMO...

1) new coach, new offense, general adjustments being made

2) Aaron Brooks is terrible

3) playcalling was terrible, but should improve

4) O-line is terrible

5) playing awesome defenses

I still think he's good for 1200 total yards and 8 TDs, which is better than most RB3 options. Walter is the best thing to happen to him since he's infinitely more likely to check down to Lamont. I'll be playing the matchups with him, as I'm a McGahee/Lamont/Deuce/Maroney owner. With Lamont against the Ravens he sits. Against Cleveland or Green Bay, he plays.

It's a function of a few things IMO...

1) new coach, new offense, general adjustments being made

2) Aaron Brooks is terrible

3) playcalling was terrible, but should improve

4) O-line is terrible

5) playing awesome defenses

I still think he's good for 1200 total yards and 8 TDs, which is better than most RB3 options. Walter is the best thing to happen to him since he's infinitely more likely to check down to Lamont. I'll be playing the matchups with him, as I'm a McGahee/Lamont/Deuce/Maroney owner. With Lamont against the Ravens he sits. Against Cleveland or Green Bay, he plays.

Was hoping D. Williams would have a big week so I could deal him for a qb.

Lamont actually had more yards than Deangelo this week :headbanger:

Lamont actually had more yards than Deangelo this week

Good one mccombs...

If you look around the league, most big stat games by marginal players/teams have been against teams like Houston, Tennessee, Green Bay, Detroit, San Fran, etc whereas teams playing against Jax, San Diego, Baltimore, Chicago have pretty much been shut down.

This truly has been a season where you have to play to the matchups. Do I have a great team, well no. But I'm 3-0 because I have made the easy decisions to start Deuce over Lamont (Week 2) or Greg Jennings this past week. Sure the "experts"(haha) rank them far below some of my other players, but those higher ranked players are better in name only when the matchups present themselves as they do each week.

I will be starting Lamont from here on out (except against SD) and pretty much expect him to run angry the rest of the year. It's just like Favre and the Packers. Play like crap against the Bears the first week, then explode in weeks 2 and 3 against crap defenses. Oakland does not have Favre, mind you, but they do have that same pride and will want to answer to those critics who have been belittling them the last two weeks.

I'd be shocked if Lamont doesn't go for at least 100 and a touch in each of the next two games against Cleve and SF.