Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

2007 NFL Draft Weekend Team Thread: Dallas Cowboys

Here's to Jerry listening to the scouts ... and not his ego. We could really use a solid player to shore up the D that faltered down the stretch last year.

Yeah ... who am I kidding. :bench: My bet is Jerry takes the top available WR.

I am with you on Aaron Ross. I bleed burnt orange, and I know that the Longhorns sucked ass against the pass last season, but it wasn't because of Ross. He is best right on the WR at the line, and is able to recover quickly if he makes a mistake, due to his speed. If not Aaron Ross, I would say Dwayne Jarrett, and this is coming from a person that HATES USC. I know that Jarrett didn't have the best pro day numbers but SO WHAT! He performed at an elite level in college, and especially in the big games. So that’s my 2 cents. I look forward to talking to you guys tomorrow.

If we stay at #22 I want Dwayne Jarrett. Dude gets it done on the field (good hands, great body control, runs well after the catch, scores touchdowns...). This speed "problem" is so overblown.

If we stay at #22 I want Dwayne Jarrett. Dude gets it done on the field (good hands, great body control, runs well after the catch, scores touchdowns...). This speed "problem" is so overblown.

Jarrett will have a solid NFL career, I just don't see spending the first at wideout. Not this year. Glenn hasn't lost anything and if we are set to give TO the roster bonus then receiver is set. Even in the event of injury there are some young guys that can step in and do a solid job. I know it's been forever since Dallas went offense early but I don't think this is the year. We need to shore up the defensive backfield. I would even like to see some offensive line additions before skill position players :thumbsdown:

Hey Cowboys fans, brace yourselves................

"With the 22nd pick in the first round of the 2007 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Dwayne Bowe, LSU..."

:banana:

I'm hoping for a pass rusher.

Someone like Anthony Spencer, ideally after a trade down.

This is the correct answer. We have some solid young talent at WR already. Crayton, Hurd and Davis.

We can survive with our current defensive backs if we can get some pass rush. NO DB could hold the WR as long as our guys were expected to last season.

I think we need to give Ken Hamlin a season to see what he can do but I would rather grab a safety like Reggie Nelson over a corner back.

so you all think JJ was just full of it when he said he definitely wants to go offensive? :blink:

I predict the trade JJ and move up for AP :blink:

One insider has them with the JJ trade and taking Lynch :dunno:

One insider has them with the JJ trade and taking Lynch :dunno:

Don't like that at all. I would be quite ok with a trade up for Peterson, even though it is not a need by any means, but not for Lynch. Personally, I don't see Lynch as that much of an upgrade over Barber/Jones.

Don't like that at all. I would be quite ok with a trade up for Peterson, even though it is not a need by any means, but not for Lynch. Personally, I don't see Lynch as that much of an upgrade over Barber/Jones.

Agreed.

I'm pretty much hoping for a Jarrett/Meachem pick. Enough with the defensive players, they can get their

safety/cb or de just fine in rounds 2-3-4. If they trade back in the 1st round and still get a meachem or

steve smith plus some picks. that's cool too. the 2nd round this year has more talent than usual.

If it's a trade up, this is the spot for it. I have to think Atlanta will take Peterson if he is available at 8. Doubtful, however, if there is enough ammo to make a trade up all the way to 7.

Sigh of relief. That puts to rest the silliness of trading up for Lynch.

Edited to add:

At this point, if Quinn is on the board at 22, I would like to think a team like Cleveland or Detroit might like to give up next year's #1 to move up.

Sigh of relief. That puts to rest the silliness of trading up for Lynch.

Edited to add:

At this point, if Quinn is on the board at 22, I would like to think a team like Cleveland or Detroit might like to give up next year's #1 to move up.

hell fockin yea I'd do that and move into the early 2nd round and pick up a 1st.

I wouldn't complain if they drafted him flat out :lol: why not

if quinn is there i say we draft him...... or try to trade to get some picks stockpiled........i cant believe he has fallen this far

NFL Network reports the Cowboys are on the phone with Cleveland who have possibly offered their 1st round pick next year and their 3rd round pick this year!

Hope this happens!!!

NFL Network reports the Cowboys are on the phone with Cleveland who have possibly offered their 1st round pick next year and their 3rd round pick this year!

Hope this happens!!!

I'd tell em 2nd round pick this year or fock off

Browns #1 next year could very well be #1 overall. I would definitely pull the trigger on this.

Hope this happens!!!

Oh. I assumed that the initial would be a trade down to their 2nd round pick, plus the 1st next year and 3rd.

You're right. If the second isn't part of the deal, no go.

EDIT:

Trade! Sweet!!!

WOW... Dallas just won this thread draft. Per the pick trade chart CLE should have only had to give up their 3rd this season. And DAL got CLE's 1st rounder next year too. Wow.

2nd round pick 36

1st round pick in 08

perfect

KC should be :cry: everyone else who didn't make the deal :cry: too

go 1-15 next year, Browns :o

dallas is going to be :o when they realize romo can't get it done and they traded away quinn.

very pleased with this decision. even if the browns do better than expected, we still have ammo to trade into a top pick in 08. i think this means a WR pick is coming, though. jones has made a lot of noise about the abundance of 2nd/3rd round WR talent, and the difference in price means that the youngsters (hurd/austin) will still have time to develop.

dallas is going to be :cry: when they realize romo can't get it done and they traded away quinn.

Green just isn't your color.

This trade for the Cowboys = :pointstosky: :banana: :pointstosky:

Man, the Cowboys played that well. Just a great trade for Dallas!!

And, kudos to Cleveland. They gave up a lot, but at least they're going for it. :pointstosky:

wouldn't be surprised to see branch or meachem here, they musta wanted one of them bad to give up a 2nd and 3rd.

at least we still have another 2nd rounder :pointstosky:

Anthony Spencer...greta, another defensive 1st rounder. :pointstosky:

We gave up Cleveland's second rounder, the #36 overall.

LOVE the pick, but this was the guy I wanted all along.

You can't have enough guys who can get after the QB. You look at San Diego's defensive secondary last year, and they were average at best talent-wise. However, they had guys like Merriman and Phillips and Foley bringing pressure, and suddenly the pass defense seemed fine.

I'm of the opinion that pass rush improves your pass coverage more than coverage improves your pass rush. Spencer is arguably the second best pass rusher in the draft, and someone who produced results in college (26.5 tackles for loss last season), not just a workout wonder.

Great draft thus far. We have, in essence, traded our 3rd and 5th rounders this year to get a first round pick next season, one that should be in the top 10, and could very well be #1 overall.

In the second round, I'm looking for a WR like Gonzalez or Smith or Rice (character issues cause a fall?), or an OL such as Ugoh or Sears.