Sign in to follow this  
Mechanix

Steven Jackson

Hey, I have the second overall draft pick. I was looking at Steven Jackson, but I've been hearing some good things about their rookie fullback/tailback Brian Leonard. I'm not saying that Jackson is going to share a lot of carries with Leonard, but are there any talks about Leonard getting goal line carries or anything like that?

I'm glad I don't have to pick at 2. Jackson is going to be 'spelled' by Leonard- who knows how much...but it will be good to keep his knees healthy (especially playing on that turf and handling such a large workload). He'll still be a beast and is #2 on my list by default, but he'll also lose out on some catches this year IMO. Acquisitions of McMichael (Linehand loved him in Miami) and Bennett could also have an effect. Jackson will have to make up for that in TD's.

ask ray rice if you should be concerned. for every 5 yards brian leonard "steals", his blocking will open up an extra 25 for sjax. hes an absolute stud of a blocker.

Leonard is a good pick late in drafts (I've picked him in just about every one of them last week) because as you have seen in preaseason, the guy can be a productive player with the ball in his hands. He won't steal too much thunder from Jackson, but if the Rams starter gets hurt, Leonard has the talent to be the most productive rookie RB in 2007.

Hey, I have the second overall draft pick. I was looking at Steven Jackson, but I've been hearing some good things about their rookie fullback/tailback Brian Leonard. I'm not saying that Jackson is going to share a lot of carries with Leonard, but are there any talks about Leonard getting goal line carries or anything like that?

They had Stephan Davis last year, and if "never bench stephen davis" doesnt steal TD's then this rookie wont

If you draft Jackson you should also draft leonard just because he is his handcuff and would be the starter on a productive offense. You should NOT worry that he is going to be stealing any touches from him however.

I think you're paranoid. :pointstosky:

That's like worrying about Lorenzo Neal stealing TD's from LT2. Crazy talk.

So I should handcuff Neal to LT? :shocking:

They had Stephan Davis last year, and if "never bench stephen davis" doesnt steal TD's then this rookie wont

NEVAH BENCH STEPHEN DAVIS... :mad: :mad:

Leonard is barely a threat to make the team, he isn't even a pimple on Sjax's ass.... :music_guitarred:

you are trippin' hard if you think leonard will affect sj's numbers... this is just the same kind of paranoia that surrounded michael turner and LT2 last year... see what happend with that?? give me a break....

the misinformation in this thread is hilarious. Leonard is not playing any fullback for the Rams outside of gimmick plays where he'll be used as a receiver. Linehan has already stated they are going to use him as a change of pace back...

That's stupid.

Your forensic analysis aside, prove it...... :headbanger: