Sign in to follow this  
magagnon

Ronnie Brown or Travis Henry

I had the 8th pick in a 12 team league. I picked Rudi Johnson in the first round and I passed on Henry to draft Ronnie Brown at 2.5

Now i'm having second thoughts. Brown should get more involved in the passing game but Henry should be a lock for 10 tds

Luckily for me, the guy who picked Henry is a huge Dolphins fan and I think he might accept a trade for Brown straight up.

Should I pull the trigger ?

We start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D. Performance scoring with 3 bonus pts for 100 yards receiving or rushing. No PPR.

My rb's are:

Rudi Johnson

Ronnie Brown

Adrian Peterson

Jerious Norwood

DeAngelo Williams

Why are people still high on Brown? Jamal Lewis has a better O-line in front of him. Miami's QB's and WR are terrible. And Brown has never done anything to justify they hype. Huge mistake. Better hope your friend is an idiot.

Ronnie did not even go off the board in our draft until middle of the 6th round. He was definitely the fat girl that nobody wanted to dance with!

Ronnie did not even go off the board in our draft until middle of the 6th round. He was definitely the fat girl that nobody wanted to dance with!

sounds like you drafted with a bunch of fat girls

RB should never be taken any later than 3rd round

No, your mama wasn't there.

And maybe the fact that he was the biggest bust (along with Edge) in last year's draft and is still stuck on a terrible team this season had something to do with it...

Personally, there are certain players I intentionally exclude from drafting and he is one of them.

Well...Ronnie Brown Average draft position shows at around 18, low pick being 12late pick being 30. So he goes in about round 3~4 in most drafts...sometimes as early as the second.

Travis Henry Average draft postion shows at about 11, low being 5, high pick 18.

Last year's numbers:

Brown: 1005yd, 5TD, 33rec, 276yd

Henry: 1211yd, 7TD, 18rec, 78yd.

I'd say Henry is the better overall pick, better line to run behind, easier schedule and a coach who likes to run the ball a lot because he does not like to put the game in the hands of his QB's. The Henry drawback would be possible RBBC, with Bell, but Henry will be the feature back. Brown's numbers should improve over last years with a more stable QB situation, however, I still would expect better production out of Henry.

I was stuck with Brown as my second back in the 4th round, but by then runningbacks were slim to none, and Brown is still a feature back who should put up passable numbers.

I had the 8th pick in a 12 team league. I picked Rudi Johnson in the first round and I passed on Henry to draft Ronnie Brown at 2.5

Now i'm having second thoughts. Brown should get more involved in the passing game but Henry should be a lock for 10 tds

Luckily for me, the guy who picked Henry is a huge Dolphins fan and I think he might accept a trade for Brown straight up.

Should I pull the trigger ?

We start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D. Performance scoring with 3 bonus pts for 100 yards receiving or rushing. No PPR.

My rb's are:

Rudi Johnson

Ronnie Brown

Adrian Peterson

Jerious Norwood

DeAngelo Williams

Dude, :thumbsdown: Do you really need to ask us? Clearly, you knew what you were doing and you certainly dont need our help on figuring out who will have a better overall result.

Dude, :thumbsdown: Do you really need to ask us? Clearly, you knew what you were doing and you certainly dont need our help on figuring out who will have a better overall result.

I'm inclined to agree, he should not have passed on Henry. If he thinks he can pull off the trade, go for it.

:thumbsdown:

I don't know you well enough to know if you are joking but if not...that is pretty crazy

Are you joking? Do you mean your first RB should not be taken later than the 3rd round? Most 12 teamers draft 4 RB a team, which means there will have to be some late round RB picks...

Wow! just wow.

I am all for taking the guy you like, regardless where the sites & magaines have him rated. But I just cannot fathom what somebody would see in Ronnie Brown to make them take him over Henry.

I just cannot fathom what somebody would see in Ronnie Brown to make them take him over Henry.

Ronnie Brown is the second coming of LT. Ok, maybe not. But having Cam Cameron can't hurt.

Despite playing for one of the worst O-lines in the NFL, Brown has a career rushing average of 4.3 yards per carry. He's now entering his 3rd year and still hasn't been fully tested. Last season was his career high with just 241 carries. With Cameron calling the plays, I expect MIA rely a lot more on Brown than they have in the past. 300+ carries and 35+ receptions seems very reasonable.

To me, Brown has a lot of upside and only limited risk. On the other hand, Henry has roughly the same amount of upside with a ton of risk. Gimme Brown.

He was undrafted in our league, really he was and I wasn't surprised. I was thinking of putting a waiver in for him but decided on Chatman instead.

He was undrafted in our league, really he was and I wasn't surprised. I was thinking of putting a waiver in for him but decided on Chatman instead.

I don't know what's real anymore.

Assuming Henry's injury earlier is not a problem, I would have taken him over RB...but now that you have RB, I wouldn't sweat it...he looked really quick in the one preseason game I saw him in.