Sign in to follow this  
carlsojj

How Did I Fair In This Trade?

Just traded Portis,Warner,and LJ for A.P. and Palmer?

My team now has

QBs: Brees and Palmer

RBs: A.P., Chris Perry, L. White, Betts, Hightower, Ray Rice

WR/TE: Steve Smith, D. Bowe, A. Gates, Bryant Johnson, Brandon Lloyd, Kevin Curtis

K: Longwell

Def: Titans

We play standard scoring, no TE, with a flex.

I'm a little thin at RB now, but A.P. has hugh upside...

Guest BernardPollardFan
Just traded Portis,Warner,and LJ for A.P. and Palmer?

My team now has

QBs: Brees and Palmer

RBs: A.P., Chris Perry, L. White, Betts, Hightower, Ray Rice

WR/TE: Steve Smith, D. Bowe, A. Gates, Bryant Johnson, Brandon Lloyd, Kevin Curtis

K: Longwell

Def: Titans

We play standard scoring, no TE, with a flex.

I'm a little thin at RB now, but A.P. has hugh upside...

lol adrian peterson is on the verge of going down for the season, horrible trade.

Guest BernardPollardFan
With a hamstring injury? somehow I doubt he'll be lost for the season.

He will be when he runs standing straight up this weekend and one of the dirty Titans players puts a helmet in his knee.

He will be when he runs standing straight up this weekend and one of the dirty Titans players puts a helmet in his knee.

You are focking retarded, you know that right?

Decent trade

Guest BernardPollardFan
You are focking retarded, you know that right?

Decent trade

You say that now...

Meh...

I think you're overvaluing Peterson. I just don't see him scoring enough TD's in that offense.

Guest BernardPollardFan
+1

and I agree it's a decent trade. :music_guitarred:

Royal with cheese, still old.

Here's how I saw it.

LJ was a sell high candidate if ever there was one--K.C. is not good.

Portis is a talented every down back, but the offense is young, the line is only fair, and they play in the hardest division in football.

Kurt Warner has started the season strong, but is a long shot to stay healthy for 16 games

Whereas,

A.P. is likely the second best RB in the league (gotta stay with LT) on a team with one of the best O lines.

Palmer could turn his season around especially with Chris Henry coming back (plus they started off the season against some very good defensive teams)

He will also be my #2 QB

Overall, I felt I needed to gamble to get someone that can score 30+ in a game in order to have a shot at the title...

Guest BernardPollardFan
Here's how I saw it.

LJ was a sell high candidate if ever there was one--K.C. is not good.

Portis is a talented every down back, but the offense is young, the line is only fair, and they play in the hardest division in football.

Kurt Warner has started the season strong, but is a long shot to stay healthy for 16 games

Whereas,

A.P. is likely the second best RB in the league (gotta stay with LT) on a team with one of the best O lines.

Palmer could turn his season around especially with Chris Henry coming back (plus they started off the season against some very good defensive teams)

He will also be my #2 QB

Overall, I felt I needed to gamble to get someone that can score 30+ in a game in order to have a shot at the title...

the trade is basically LJ and Portis for Peterson. Portis is going to have just as good of a season as Peterson, IF Peterson even makes it to the end.

the trade is basically LJ and Portis for Peterson. Portis is going to have just as good of a season as Peterson, IF Peterson even makes it to the end.

If you are happy with the trade, that's all that really matters.

Assuming you start two RB and only one QB... its a decent trade but I was left scratching my head a bit.

Brees is still better than Palmer (especially with his elbow soreness, Ochi Stinkos shoulder problems, the the Bungles O-Line issues). And you admit picking up Palmer as a back-up.

AP will put up similar number to Portis but has higher upside than Portis or LJ. LJ is in a horrible situation in KC but at least he's still the featured back. So now you start AP and Lendale White most times.

So you gave up two featured RB for AP and a back-up QB (starter for anyone elses team unless they already have Romo or Cutler or Manning). Seems about right.