Sign in to follow this  
gridiron whirlwinds

Deangelo Williams

After watching the game last night, there is now no doubt in my mind that Deangelo Williams is the 2nd best pure runner in the NFL....behind only Adrian Peterson.

This guys has fantastic vision, he breaks tackles constantly, has a great spin move and balance.

He is so smooth and patient getting to the line of scrimmage, then he just explodes thru the hole, or reverses the field.

This guy gets 8 to 10 yard runs consistently, and when he does, I am left saying....wow...I thought that was a 4 yard run, but it was a 9 yard run.

I know that Chris Johnson is a great runner, but he is mostly speed.

Mojo is also a great runner, so he may be up there with Deangelo, but I must say...from what i have watched, and i watch alot of football....Deangelo is right close to the top and number 2 in my book.....this dude is the total package.

Who agrees with me.

He's up there. I have to throw in Steven Jackson though. Awful team, great stats. DWill still has a pretty good line, SJax's line is awful. Those two are pretty darn close.

He's up there. I have to throw in Steven Jackson though. Awful team, great stats. DWill still has a pretty good line, SJax's line is awful. Those two are pretty darn close.

Yes, he definietly is.

I look forward to watching Deangelo every week like I looked forward to watching Barry Sanders and Walter Payton.

The dude is so much fun to watch, as he leaves me with my mouth open and jaw down 4 or 5 times a game.

I love the guy. I just wish they would focking KILL Johnathan Stewart. He sucks. Fock him. Go away. Maybe his achilles will snap and end his career. YES!!!!

Go D-Will!

I love the guy. I just wish they would focking KILL Johnathan Stewart. He sucks. Fock him. Go away. Maybe his achilles will snap and end his career. YES!!!!

Go D-Will!

I think Stewart is a good back.....BUT..."JELLO" WILLIAMS is a very special back IMO.

I've had a chance to see a lot of these backs play a lot (minus S. Jackson), and this is how I'd rank them:

A. Peterson

D. Williams

C. Johnson

S. Jackson

I've had a chance to see a lot of these backs play a lot (minus S. Jackson), and this is how I'd rank them:

A. Peterson

D. Williams

C. Johnson

S. Jackson

Agree 100% with the above. I'd stick MJD in there under SJax.

Notice DWill is the only one losing substantial carries (to a good) but not in the same class backup.

too bad Jake D sucks and doesn't open it up more for him. .

The sad reality is that he doesn't need a passing game to open it up......with that O-line and his talent they

just need to give him the ball. Fox just can't see that his best player is D-Will, it's no longer Steve Smith.

It's going to cost him his job.

On a side note, anyone know the contract situations for Stewart and Williams? Be curious if one or both guys

get out into free agency how they would do on a new team being the featured guy.

IMO you got Dwill , AD , Sjax , CJIII , and MJD then everyone else.

I must say I look forward to watching Dwill more than any other RB - he has that Barry feel to him..

IMO you got Dwill , AD , Sjax , CJIII , and MJD then everyone else.

I must say I look forward to watching Dwill more than any other RB - he has that Barry feel to him..

I could not agree more......I make sure I watch him every week....I always download the Panthers game ON DEMAND with Direct TV....watch the whole game in 30 minutes.

I usually end up rewinding and watching Deangelo on about 4-5 runs per game, that are pure sweetness.

Great between the tackles runner with home run speed. Not much else you can ask for in a great back.