Sign in to follow this  
m4rk0

Dallas Clark

Anyone considering starting Dallas Clark Thursday night? He had a terrible game against Jax in week 1 and I checked out out the points allowed for TEs for Jax and they are top 3 in the league at 5.1 fantasy pts/game. I don't know if I can take that risk especially if he only plays 3 quarters if Indy is up big.

He's only a flex option on my team as we don't need to start TEs. He's typically a good option but I don't feel good about this matchup.

For a pretty long stretch he was a solid 10 - 14 pts per/game (non-ppr) and he's now become a feast or famine play in recent weeks.

Benching your studs for matchups in the playoffs?

:dunno:

2 good games out of the last 5 is not very studly (non-ppr).

In my league (PPR) he ranks 7th among WR/TE just behind Randy Moss. I won't consider benching him any more than I would Moss, the potential is just too great and the replacements too sub-par.

Back-2-Back monsters is a lot to ask.

And the fact they might be resting some players .... Tom Santi actually was in there more last game and was getting targets ... AND catches.

Back-2-Back monsters is a lot to ask.

And the fact they might be resting some players .... Tom Santi actually was in there more last game and was getting targets ... AND catches.

Add to that they're playing the 3rd best team against TEs in fantasy. And Clark laid an egg earlier against JAX.

Have him and rolling with him. As we've seen throughout the season, he's one of Manning's top red-zone targets. Despite his low yardage the past several weeks, he still has 5 touchdowns in 4 games. Teams that gameplanned to stop Clark still lost. Clark and Vernon Davis have been the two elite tight ends all season, and Gates has joined them recently. I wouldn't think about benching Clark unless I had Davis or Gates on my bench.

It's also worth noting that Jacksonville has faced some of the least impressive TEs all season, and a whole bunch of teams that barely use theirs in the receiving game. After Davis and Owen Daniels, the next-best-scoring TE they've faced all year is #18, John Carlson. Both Davis and Daniels got a TD and decent yardage. Don't overthink the matchups unless you have an excellent alternative.

Have him and rolling with him. As we've seen throughout the season, he's one of Manning's top red-zone targets. Despite his low yardage the past several weeks, he still has 5 touchdowns in 4 games. Teams that gameplanned to stop Clark still lost. Clark and Vernon Davis have been the two elite tight ends all season, and Gates has joined them recently. I wouldn't think about benching Clark unless I had Davis or Gates on my bench.

It's also worth noting that Jacksonville has faced some of the least impressive TEs all season, and a whole bunch of teams that barely use theirs in the receiving game. After Davis and Owen Daniels, the next-best-scoring TE they've faced all year is #18, John Carlson. Both Davis and Daniels got a TD and decent yardage. Don't overthink the matchups unless you have an excellent alternative.

Good analysis. There is no way i am benching him at this point. Especially for Olsen! Match-up isnt perfect, but wasn't Denver's pass d pretty good? nuff said

I have JerMichael Finley and am the biggest Packer homer in the world and have been dying to play him all season long.....

But even I am not dumb enough to bench D. Clark in the playoffs....

You know what they call guys who bench studs for the matchups in the playoffs?

Stupid.

Or losers. Or non-Super Bowl teams. Or dopes. Take your pick.

Didn't he just have :thumbsup: :banana: :banana: TDs on Sunday. :thumbsdown:

So that means he will have THREE again the next game?

No way, sports and statistics are all about averages ... And the one lesson everyone should know in fantasy football is to NOT chase points.

Hopefully Indy comes out with honest information regarding playing time for its players.

In situations like this I watch the betting lines ... Freaking mobs know EVERYTHING!

he still has 5 touchdowns in 4 games.

I have him, and I am going to start him, but I must translate the above. He scored twice in 3 games, then went off for 3 scores last week. The one game he scored in, he scored on the only pass he caught. Yes, I am going to start him, but my hope is he catches at least 1 ball for 5 to 10 yards and a TD

You know what they call guys who bench studs for the matchups in the playoffs?

Stupid.

Or losers. Or non-Super Bowl teams. Or dopes. Take your pick.

Tell that to someone who benched Benson for Ganther last week.

Yea, and Denver was in the top 3 best teams against the TE last week before Dallas hung 3TD's on there ass. It's not like jacksonville is unstoppable. Vernon Davis put up 6-69 and 1TD a few weeks ago. Owen Daniels put up 5-38 and 1TD this year as well. They've faced the most pathetic bunch of TE's all year, no ###### they're going to be top 3. Lets list them, Becht, Scaife, Carlson, McMichael, Pope, Keller, Nelson, Dreessen, Haynos.

So they held Dallas to 4-37 week 1. Last year, Dallas went 4-47 in the first game, then at the end of the year put up 8-105, 1TD against Jacksonville. In 2007 he went 4-66, 1TD and 7-60, 2TD's. Starting to see a trend.....

Analyze it all you want, at least for my league (PPR), Dallas Clark is the #1 tight end and there's not a snowballs chance in hell that I'm going to sit that man in the semi-final game when I need him most.

90 yards away from 1000. They may try and get him there this week...if not it's 4-45. and the same next week.

I have him, and I am going to start him, but I must translate the above. He scored twice in 3 games, then went off for 3 scores last week. The one game he scored in, he scored on the only pass he caught. Yes, I am going to start him, but my hope is he catches at least 1 ball for 5 to 10 yards and a TD

Well, yeah. Regardless of the density of TDs in one game, the point is the amount of looks he gets in the red zone. All of those TDs came inside the 10, and he continues to be Manning's most reliable red zone target. You know he's always a good bet for yardage, and there's no reason to think he won't have a fine shot at a TD, too.

I am seriously considering starting Fred Davis over Clark this week.

Davis has been real consistent over the past 3 weeks that he's been the starter, and he's matching up against a Giants defense that isn't stopping anyone at this point (Celek had a nice game against them last week).

If Antonio Pierce does not play this weekend, and they stay with what they have, I'm gonna go with Davis.

Just a hunch.

I am seriously considering starting Fred Davis over Clark this week.

Davis has been real consistent over the past 3 weeks that he's been the starter, and he's matching up against a Giants defense that isn't stopping anyone at this point (Celek had a nice game against them last week).

If Antonio Pierce does not play this weekend, and they stay with what they have, I'm gonna go with Davis.

Just a hunch.

I think Pierce is on IR

I think Pierce is on IR

I thought so but wasn't sure.

Now that I look at it, in 2007 and 2008, Clark has averaged 12 receptions per season against the Jags, including 3 TDs in 2 games in 2007. In 2008, he had one TD.

So if the trend holds true, he should have 8 receptions and at least one TD (he didn't score in the first match-up).

I digress. As long as Clark is completely healthy going into this game, he is a must start.

Well, yeah. Regardless of the density of TDs in one game, the point is the amount of looks he gets in the red zone. All of those TDs came inside the 10, and he continues to be Manning's most reliable red zone target. You know he's always a good bet for yardage, and there's no reason to think he won't have a fine shot at a TD, too.

:doublethumbsup: I agree, and sorry if my post came off wrong.

I thought so but wasn't sure.

Now that I look at it, in 2007 and 2008, Clark has averaged 12 receptions per season against the Jags, including 3 TDs in 2 games in 2007. In 2008, he had one TD.

So if the trend holds true, he should have 8 receptions and at least one TD (he didn't score in the first match-up).

I digress. As long as Clark is completely healthy going into this game, he is a must start.

:wall: :overhead:

I started Clark last night, in a TD only league :dunno:

I know that the Jags have been good against TE this year.....but I threw everything esle out the window except 2 things.

Clark just scored 3tds 5 days ago, and his QB is Peyton Manning......was an easy decision for me.

Now I have the luxury os starting both Ravens backs come sunday.