Sign in to follow this  
lickin_starfish

Biden just said that health care is a "Right"

Now that Obama has established that the Govt can charge us for using our "rights" I have one question:

When Newbie spends his weekends roaming a street corner waving a copy of "The Audacity Of Hope" and yelling "HE REALLY IS THE MISSIAH".......................will the Govt send Newbie a bill for excercising his 1st Amendment right to free speech just like they are going to do for our "right to healthcare'?

Like I said in another post, but want to bring up here too- you have to have everybody participate in the system otherwise it'll be... "I'm healthy, I'm out". Then once the injury illness to arrives, "OK time to opt in". It'd be pretty focked up if we allowed people to do that.

The way to get around that is to make people that opt out sign waivers. Feel free to opt out, but if you do, you can't opt back in for ten years. I really think that's the fairest way to handle the situation. If people who opt out get emergency room care, it follows them around like student loan debt- it's permanent- they can't bankrupt their way out of it. This way folks don't have to pay for the government insurance but at the same time they can't game the system either.