Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Hey Kutulu

Of the several job offers I now actually have after like 2 months of nothing ( other than workin for the Arabs of course ) one is in Boston. It is quite a step down in salary but Boston is where the wife has always wanted to live ( likely to be closer to you :( ) . I know the cost of living in Boston is high so will 90K a year to start be liveable in Boston? Or would I too need to make a 2 hr each way commute every day like you do?

Other place's is Kansas City and I still have kept Qatar on the table and still talking with them. Qatar is the most money but would be away from family 2 weeks at a time -- leaving plenty of time for you guys to pay her visits :( . Anyway everyone is telling me not to take it but the money is very good oh well ... Might be praying 5 times a day soon.... :ninja: No Its just something I am holding onto just in case as several things have fallen through the last few months I don't want to burn any bridges.

Please oh please Mercedes! Do not score more than 9pts Mon nite. :unsure:

7 or so pts works fine too! :pointstosky:

I don't know. I'd get by with 90K, but might be different for you. :unsure:

Is their any place within 50 miles of Boston that has homes that were at least built 1990 or newer? Jeebus every focking house I look at is 300- 350K from year 1920 and maybe 2K sq with if lucky .2 aces.

Is their any place within 50 miles of Boston that has homes that were at least built 1990 or newer? Jeebus every focking house I look at is 300- 350K from year 1920 and maybe 2K sq with if lucky .2 aces.

This makes me happy to live in Omaha.

This makes me happy to live in Omaha.

My house here was 320 is 4500 sq and .8 acres in NW Indiana To like in Boston or near it you need minimum 150k a year it looks like.

my first job offer coming out of grad school was in Waltham, MA for like 60k - that was over 10 years ago - and I decided then I couldn't live comfortably in that area for that much and took a job in Raleigh, NC for 40k instead...

one other thing to remember about MA Moz, it's focking cold!

my first job offer coming out of grad school was in Waltham, MA for like 60k - that was over 10 years ago - and I decided then I couldn't live comfortably in that area for that much and took a job in Raleigh, NC for 40k instead...

one other thing to remember about MA Moz, it's focking cold!

cause chicago is balmy :)

cause chicago is balmy :)

yet another place I wouldn't live... If I need to own a snow shovel and a coat that's for function and not style, I ain't gonna live there...

Bunch of sissys. Summer is sweeter when u have to live through winter

bs.

summer is sweeter when the girls are hotter cause they don't get to wear 87 layers of clothing 9 months out of the year...