Sign in to follow this  
Thre3Deep

How would this be recieved if...

"Even with his great success, Hillis is still facing racism. Only now, it's coming from opposing linebackers instead of his head coach.

In the same interview with Dan Patrick, Hillis explained, "Every team did it. They'll say, 'You white boy, you ain't gonna run on us today. This is ridiculous. Why are you giving an offensive lineman the ball?'

Hillis says he has and will continue to use the racism as motivation to play well and prove his doubters wrong."

Found this pretty interesting, was on the "Bleacherreport". I know we see it every day in society but it really shows the ignorance in todays athletes. Yet these same athletes that say this during games would cry Racism at the highest level if we turned it around. Yet it's ok and basically swept under the rug when we call a white person a "White Boy, etc." Wonder what would of happened if Romanowski would of said hey "Black boy" you ain't gonna run on us today? Double standards. Shoot someone white say that now, they probably have Goodell calling them into the office to have a talk with them, possible fine, a few games off.

Hopefully it was that Tennessee CB that he crumbled at the line during the game :headbanger:

"Even with his great success, Hillis is still facing racism. Only now, it's coming from opposing linebackers instead of his head coach.

In the same interview with Dan Patrick, Hillis explained, "Every team did it. They'll say, 'You white boy, you ain't gonna run on us today. This is ridiculous. Why are you giving an offensive lineman the ball?'

Hillis says he has and will continue to use the racism as motivation to play well and prove his doubters wrong."

Found this pretty interesting, was on the "Bleacherreport". I know we see it every day in society but it really shows the ignorance in todays athletes. Yet these same athletes that say this during games would cry Racism at the highest level if we turned it around. Yet it's ok and basically swept under the rug when we call a white person a "White Boy, etc." Wonder what would of happened if Romanowski would of said hey "Black boy" you ain't gonna run on us today? Double standards. Shoot someone white say that now, they probably have Goodell calling them into the office to have a talk with them, possible fine, a few games off.

Hopefully it was that Tennessee CB that he crumbled at the line during the game :headbanger:

I have no doubt in my mind Romanowski said things like that on the field. I dont think he said "black boy" though. :lol:

I have no doubt in my mind Romanowski said things like that on the field. I dont think he said "black boy" though. :lol:

I'm pretty sure players don't say "You white boy, you aren't going to run on us" to Hillis either. But honestly, I don't care. The football field doesn't have to be PC. If it gets Hillis all riled up, good for him. Anything to stay hungry I guess.

I'm pretty sure players don't say "You white boy, you aren't going to run on us" to Hillis either. But honestly, I don't care. The football field doesn't have to be PC. If it gets Hillis all riled up, good for him. Anything to stay hungry I guess.

So hills is lying? I don't really care but u know if it was the other way around there would be more commotion from the league. Look at that little monkey run, right?

So hills is lying? I don't really care but u know if it was the other way around there would be more commotion from the league. Look at that little monkey run, right?

Thats what i'm getting at, we would have Jesse Jackson, Al sharpton, and anyone who is anybody commenting on the subject. Like when whats his name said something about "nappy headed women". Think he shot the pope. But like I said before, saying racial tones to a white person "can" and "usually" is overlooked.

I wish we had back, that "little white boy" the Patriots signed from the Jets :ninja:

Wasn't there a CB of the Ravens a few years ago whining that a ref called him "Boy?" I am drawing a blank on his name, he used to play for the Titans before the Ravens.

Wasn't there a CB of the Ravens a few years ago whining that a ref called him "Boy?" I am drawing a blank on his name, he used to play for the Titans before the Ravens.

Rolle

Then you really have no clue.

Did you bother to read the quote I was following up on? Gladstone was stating that Romo probably didn't say "black boy" on the field. I was saying something similar....I doubt other players actually say "hey you white boy, you won't be running on us"....I'm guessing their language is much more colorful than that, if you know what I mean.

I thought it was pretty clear what I was alluding to, apparently it wasn't.

These are the same linebackers who call black RBs the n-word, does that mean they're now self-loathing racists? Athletes do whatever it takes to get amped for a game, and a lot of players need a chip on their shoulder. I remember reading an interview with Rodney Harrison during camp after the SB win talking about how no one respected their team. Obviously, that's totally off base, but it's what Harrison needed to believe to play at a high level.

These are the same linebackers who call black RBs the n-word, does that mean they're now self-loathing racists? Athletes do whatever it takes to get amped for a game, and a lot of players need a chip on their shoulder. I remember reading an interview with Rodney Harrison during camp after the SB win talking about how no one respected their team. Obviously, that's totally off base, but it's what Harrison needed to believe to play at a high level.

I guess the point is, if it was turned around, and it was a white person saying this "black boy" or "shouldn't you be doing the teams laundry black boy. How fast would this of traveled through the media? Needless to say we probably would have a outpouring of criticism towards the "white" player that said it? But once again, it's deemed acceptable. Yeah I'm sure there are things said on the field that get people up for games, and some things that are misconstrued. But in reference to what a previous poster said about a player getting upset because someone called him a "BOY". Seen it first hand how some people take that word as a demeaning word. And the results were pretty ugly.

Did you bother to read the quote I was following up on? Gladstone was stating that Romo probably didn't say "black boy" on the field. I was saying something similar....I doubt other players actually say "hey you white boy, you won't be running on us"....I'm guessing their language is much more colorful than that, if you know what I mean.

I thought it was pretty clear what I was alluding to, apparently it wasn't.

no it wasn't. i appologize then. i thought you were insinuating that players were not use racial terms toward Hillis.

I guess the point is, if it was turned around, and it was a white person saying this "black boy" or "shouldn't you be doing the teams laundry black boy. How fast would this of traveled through the media? Needless to say we probably would have a outpouring of criticism towards the "white" player that said it? But once again, it's deemed acceptable. Yeah I'm sure there are things said on the field that get people up for games, and some things that are misconstrued. But in reference to what a previous poster said about a player getting upset because someone called him a "BOY". Seen it first hand how some people take that word as a demeaning word. And the results were pretty ugly.

Well, to be fair "boy" and "black boy" are historically loaded terms, "white boy" isn't. If someone called me a (pick you slur that doesn't include Finns here), I wouldn't really care.

Well, to be fair "boy" and "black boy" are historically loaded terms, "white boy" isn't. If someone called me a (pick you slur that doesn't include Finns here), I wouldn't really care.

Your correct "boy and black boy" are historically loaded terms. But could one say that by putting "white" in front of "boy" that they are basically insinuating a like wise reference? Seems pretty clear cut to me. Then again this is a society where we can have a "predominantly" black tv station (BET), without anything being said. But just try and go the other way, I guarantee it would be considered a racial intolerance.

Anyways, if it gives Hillis a chance to plant a few more naysayers in the turf.And use that as a motivating tool, so be it.

They're saying "white boy" to Hillis and saying he can't run the ball any good because he's white. That's focking racist by the racist definition blacks have cried over the years. Fock 'em. Who cares? You're right though if it were white players saying this to a black player insinuating he couldn't play QB any good because he's black and taunting him every play because of it would be all you would hear in the media and there would be one hour specials discussing Race and Racism in America and in Sports on HBO, ESPN, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX maybe, analyzing how horrible this is and questioning what is wrong with our country and didn't we learn anything from MLK, blah, blah, blah. I hope it keeps motivating Hillis though and he has another huge year next year. :thumbsup:

Your correct "boy and black boy" are historically loaded terms. But could one say that by putting "white" in front of "boy" that they are basically insinuating a like wise reference? Seems pretty clear cut to me. Then again this is a society where we can have a "predominantly" black tv station (BET), without anything being said. But just try and go the other way, I guarantee it would be considered a racial intolerance.

Anyways, if it gives Hillis a chance to plant a few more naysayers in the turf.And use that as a motivating tool, so be it.

"Boy" is a term you can draw back to slavery. That's probably why it's a hot button. Calling a white guy "boy" is quite different.

Who cares if there's BET. There are women's networks and Spike is a network for guys. Besides all the other channels other than BET most are predominantly caucasion anyway. It doesn't bother me.

Hillis will start next year but we'll see if he's the real deal or just a flash in the pan. He ran with a chip on his shoulder quite a while and did well too...until he ran down. Dude needs roids that last the whole season.

They're saying "white boy" to Hillis and saying he can't run the ball any good because he's white. That's focking racist by the racist definition blacks have cried over the years. Fock 'em. Who cares? You're right though if it were white players saying this to a black player insinuating he couldn't play QB any good because he's black and taunting him every play because of it would be all you would hear in the media and there would be one hour specials discussing Race and Racism in America and in Sports on HBO, ESPN, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX maybe, analyzing how horrible this is and questioning what is wrong with our country and didn't we learn anything from MLK, blah, blah, blah. I hope it keeps motivating Hillis though and he has another huge year next year. :thumbsup:

Yeah......who cares? :overhead:

well to be fair, those are only loaded terms because of what history and advocates have made them to be.

yes, "boy" goes back to slavery but tehcnically black boy is no different than white boy. You're demeaning someone by calling them boy and bringing their race into it. Claiming "black boy" has any historical significance is only true because we constantly hear a fuss over it.

which goes right back to the original point. If this was Clay Mathews calling Michael Vick "black boy" it would be all over the news and sports publications.

Not sure where you all have been for the last 20 years, but the white, male American is the most discriminated against individual in America today.

This comes as no surprise!

well to be fair, those are only loaded terms because of what history and advocates have made them to be.

yes, "boy" goes back to slavery but tehcnically black boy is no different than white boy. You're demeaning someone by calling them boy and bringing their race into it. Claiming "black boy" has any historical significance is only true because we constantly hear a fuss over it.

which goes right back to the original point. If this was Clay Mathews calling Michael Vick "black boy" it would be all over the news and sports publications.

If you completely ignore the context in which language is used, sure. Since it's actually impossible to be ahistorical, then no. "Black boy" has historical significance whether or not we make a fuss over it. We can pretend it doesn't, but that's an entirely separate issue.

And if white males (like myself) are the most discriminated group in the last 20 years, what will things look like when this terrible injustice is finally righted? Cops already don't search my car or call for backup when I run a red light, I make more money than women, I make more money than people of other races, I'm the most quickly-promoted demographic in the country, and it's easier for me to get a loan even if all economic factors are equal. But things can always get better!