Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Dallas Clark

I know it's only week one but Dallas Clark just doesn't have the same value without Manning. Yahoo has taken him off of the "Do Not Cut List" and I am seriously thinking about dropping him. Your thought?

I wouldn't drop him without shopping him. You won't get much for him, but you might sniff around the owners of other underachieving TEs and see who wants to take a shot at yours. If the Brandon Pettigrew owner also happens to be a Colts homer, you could be in business. You could also take a shot at Owen Daniels, Greg Olsen, or even Vernon Davis. Clark could also be a throw-in if you're hunting bigger game at the WR or RB positions. If all else fails, then yeah, there may be some better prospects on the waiver wire for whom he would be worth dropping, like Gresham, Keller, Dickson, or even Chandler--and probly in that order.

I know it's only week one but Dallas Clark just doesn't have the same value without Manning. Yahoo has taken him off of the "Do Not Cut List" and I am seriously thinking about dropping him. Your thought?

What TE has Kerry Collins made famous?

If you drop him, you are making a mistake. Collins will rely on Wayne and Collins over the next few weeks. He will get his.

His value goes way down but I still think if you have him he's probably better still than your back up unless you have another top TE.

Clark is now a dumpster. Collins will be dumping balls on him all season as he doesn't have the time to go deep with his slow release as the defenses will be closing in on him.

I dropped him after much consideration. I picked up Gresham in one league, Dickson in another.

Where do you go when the lights go out?

Severe overreaction to one week in my opinion. Clark still has value. No one is as good without Manning, but I'd still consider him a top 10 TE.