Sign in to follow this  
Dsausage

Chris Johnson

Will he get it going? Is he done? What is his trade value. Clearly guy at this point has only upside.

Is he worth trading over a Brandon Lloyd or Desean Jackson type wide receiver at this point from a team with WR strength and RB issues?

What say you? What is his trade value for owners and potential suitors?

I just traded Mike Wallace, Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas for VJax, Chris Johnson and Ringer....

Not sure how it will pan out, but Bush & Thomas seem like a headache deciding which one to start from here on out.

I just traded Mike Wallace, Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas for VJax, Chris Johnson and Ringer....

Not sure how it will pan out, but Bush & Thomas seem like a headache deciding which one to start from here on out.

Don't like that trade. Wallace is the only stud there and only guy going forward that you can count on. bad trade.

I dont mind it depending on your record. If you are a .500 or below team you would need to shake things up a bit and the guys you received have more upside IMO coming down the stretch. But if you are top 4 team I dont like this move. All depends on your record IMO.

I am 8-8 in one league and traded Brandon Lloyd for Chris Johnson. I have Best and MJD on bye/hurt and I am STACKED at WR. I need Johnson's upside late in the game. All depends on record IMO.

Had an offer of Mike Vick for my CJ2YPC 2 weeks ago. He owns Cam, I had Cutler/Hasselbeck.

I didnt pull the trigger I wanted the upside of CJ for the playoffs, my team was doing fine. DMC, FredJackson and was starting CJ in my FLex.

I just offered it up now and gonna use Jackie Battle, but doubt he will give me Vick now

I dont mind it depending on your record. If you are a .500 or below team you would need to shake things up a bit and the guys you received have more upside IMO coming down the stretch. But if you are top 4 team I dont like this move. All depends on your record IMO.

I am 8-8 in one league and traded Brandon Lloyd for Chris Johnson. I have Best and MJD on bye/hurt and I am STACKED at WR. I need Johnson's upside late in the game. All depends on record IMO.

I don't think having a bad record and trading to get worse makes sense. You obviously have faith in CJ turning it around. He has shown nothing at this point that that is going to happen and is being outplayed by the back up RB. It is actually getting worse for CJ, not better. Ringer is going to get more opportunities. You don't shake things up for the sake of shaking things up.

Will he get it going? Is he done? What is his trade value. Clearly guy at this point has only upside.

Is he worth trading over a Brandon Lloyd or Desean Jackson type wide receiver at this point from a team with WR strength and RB issues?

What say you? What is his trade value for owners and potential suitors?

Respectfully, I think the question to ask here is not whether CJ2K will turn it around, but whether he has lost a step or two. This is a running back who's game is built on speed, and who once upon a time ran a 4.24 Forty at the NFL combine.

So what is the current "price" of CJ if trading for another RB? Or a WR?

I'm looking at getting CJ for either Benson or Battle - worth a shot?

What WR would you give up for CJ - Brandon Marshall, Santonio, Reggie Wayne, Mike Williams (TB), or even lower?

I just traded him for Demarco Murray and a mid round 2012 pick in a 16 team 6 player TD heavy Keeper...

In his last 6 games last year and first 6 of this year... he has 698 yds on 207 attempts for a 3.3 ypc and 3 rushing td's... I just wish he would have avg'd his 40 time at 4.24ypc... I drafted him as a rookie and can't believe his talents eroded this quickly. My gut says they haven't but he looks hesitant and hesitation for a RB is a death sentence... I just couldn't hold on any more... he ruined the end of my season run last year and has me 3-5 this year... Had to say bye-bye!!! :( :angry: :huh:

I looked at the CBS article quickly before, but .... OUCH. CJ is now on par with Hillis, the law firm of BJGE, Felix Jones, and Mark Ingram. Comparable WRs are Marshall, Rice, Branch, and Nate Washington.

And unless things turn around big time his value is only going to drop further. :bench:

I can't see it getting any lower. Your stuck with him.

But let me say this.

Don't do what I did earlier in the season. After the first few games Gore was stinking up the joint and Kendall Hunter was starting against Philly. I said screw it, traded Gore for Keller and Plax, then Gore finally gets on track and Hunter is once again an afterthought. :wall:

The point is you live and die with your studs. Sometimes, you just have to die :bandana:

you can use this to justify your trades ..

http://bfantasy.football.cbssports.com/news/15946361

Never listen to CBS...especially Dave Richard...I give Eisenberg slightly more credit. Regardless, they are a bunch of clowns. I usually read their Start/Sit section and do exactly the opposite of their recommendations. This has lead to some great success.

Never listen to CBS...especially Dave Richard...I give Eisenberg slightly more credit. Regardless, they are a bunch of clowns. I usually read their Start/Sit section and do exactly the opposite of their recommendations. This has lead to some great success.

I am not a huge fan either.

So what is the current "price" of CJ if trading for another RB? Or a WR?

I'm looking at getting CJ for either Benson or Battle - worth a shot?

What WR would you give up for CJ - Brandon Marshall, Santonio, Reggie Wayne, Mike Williams (TB), or even lower?

if you can get benson for cj take it and run

Edited by SexyRexy

I drafted Chris Johnson, gambling he'd be signed. I won that gamble. Now I've played him in every week besides the bye so far this year. Such terrible performances by Chris Johnson put my team in a 3-5 rut. I will be benching him for the 1st time this year. Obviously when the coaching staff is playing another random backup for half of the reps that Johnson used to get, they lost faith in him. I can't trade him because he's got no real value. If he steps up his game, I can start him the following week. If he continues to deteriorate, I'll probably end up dumping him for a backup tight end that I'll need in week 11.

if you can get benson for cj take it and run

I just dealt Benson for CJ. With Mathews / Blount as starting RBs and Benson / Battle as backups I figured getting CJ was like a free spin on roulette wheel - on the off chance the Titans figure it out I win big, otherwise no big loss.