Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

*** Official Week 13 NFL Gambling Thread***

I think I'd have to agree. If Houston can beat Indy by 27, Cincy can beat them by 10, New Orleans by double nickels, Tennessee by 17, Atlanta by 24 just to name a few...shouldn't New England be able to light them up at home? I can't see any reason Indy's D slows Brady down and Indy's O is putrid. New England could have that spread covered by the end of the 1st quarter.

I'm also looking at the divisional home dogs CLE +7 vs. BAL, well-rested DAL -6 @ ARI, and to make the Monday Night snoozer interesting, SD -3 @ JAX.

I dont think NE has any interest in running up the score, just get a win and get out... they will pull brady. I am swinging for the fences tonight... I put up 100 on NYG on the moneyline and over 50.5. Pays 610

Lol, ne has no interest in running up the score? Have you seen any of their games the last decade??? This is/was a huge rivalry the last decade, they will run up the score, even if its not intentional. The colts are so bad that ne will cover in the first quarter and put up no less than 40 points. By the way....I'm an indy homer.

I'm only seeing 20.5 favorites with New England. Put Indy in a 10 point teaser and you'll have over 30 points.

Or put NE in a 10pt teaser and you're only giving 10.5! :)

Some things that are sticking out too me as of right now.

The Falcons are only -3 at Houston, and your actually getting plus odds on it. Houston down to there 3rd string QB and the Falcons are rolling...I like it.

Total score for the Jets/Redskins game is only at 38 points. The Redskins have scored over 20 points the past 2 games, the Jets have scored over 20 points 5 out of there last 7 games, I like the over on that.

Vegas could potentially win a lot of money on the Browns/Ravens game. All 3 of the Ravens losses this year has came to teams they had no business losing too on the road, especially the Jags and Seahawks. Also all of there losses have came off big wins,....they beat San Fran last week on Thanksgiving night and playing in Cleveland this week...I can see why Vegas put the line at 6 1/2. Even with saying all that though I don't think I can pick the Browns on any of my pickem sheets I will turn in this week...just don't have the guts :unsure:

Some things that are sticking out too me as of right now.

The Falcons are only -3 at Houston, and your actually getting plus odds on it. Houston down to there 3rd string QB and the Falcons are rolling...I like it.

Total score for the Jets/Redskins game is only at 38 points. The Redskins have scored over 20 points the past 2 games, the Jets have scored over 20 points 5 out of there last 7 games, I like the over on that.

Vegas could potentially win a lot of money on the Browns/Ravens game. All 3 of the Ravens losses this year has came to teams they had no business losing too on the road, especially the Jags and Seahawks. Also all of there losses have came off big wins,....they beat San Fran last week on Thanksgiving night and playing in Cleveland this week...I can see why Vegas put the line at 6 1/2. Even with saying all that though I don't think I can pick the Browns on any of my pickem sheets I will turn in this week...just don't have the guts :unsure:

I agree, totally loving the Falcons this week. And staying well away from Balt-Cle

I agree, totally loving the Falcons this week. And staying well away from Balt-Cle

I actually think I like Hou in this game...Atl is not very good on the road (3-2) losing to Chicago and Tampa Bay, beating Seattle by 2, and winning @ Detroit by a TD (Indy doesn't count). I know the Texans are starting Yates, but between Houston's amazing rushing offense and top defense, I think they pull this game out. It will definitely be a statement game for them.

I actually think I like Hou in this game...Atl is not very good on the road (3-2) losing to Chicago and Tampa Bay, beating Seattle by 2, and winning @ Detroit by a TD (Indy doesn't count). I know the Texans are starting Yates, but between Houston's amazing rushing offense and top defense, I think they pull this game out. It will definitely be a statement game for them.

That's what I was thinking...also, Atl should have only beaten lowly Minn at home by 3 if Minn scores on that 1st and goal from the 3 yd line near the end of the game!

Already took NE -20.5 and GB -7.5, and like Arz +4.5 and Sea +3.

what do you guys think of the thursday night game ? Vick, Maclin and probably mccoy all out. i think its philli -3 and 43 ??? logic if that is possible says SEA, they wooped NYG and almost beat a healthy Dallas. I have to place action on a thursday night game..just not sure where to go. Maybe SEA and the over... just cuz I HATE betting the under

long shot, high pay out that I believe could happen.

NYG and WASH both on the moneyline... both over.... 4 teamer

also there has been talk all week some of it coming from Jerry and Some from Garrett.

this playing conservative in the 2nd half and barley getting a win ...is making them think they want to just throddle a team for a change like NO, GB and the Pats do... they have the fire power do do so. So with that being said I like Dallas and the over.

My reasoning was that ATL has the #2 rushing defense and for all intensive purposes with no QB HOU will need to depend on the run. Obviously ATL won't hold them to their 83.5 avg given up but I doubt it will be Houston's normal 151.7 ypg, something more like 110-120 which refocuses pressure on the pass (ATL ranked 23rd there). Either way it should be a fun close game

I would be surprised if Houston came out with a win on Sunday. I know Houston has been a good home team this season and Atlanta has looked shaky on the road but....Atlanta has a top 5 run D and the only thing Houston has going for them on there offense is there run game. Houston also has top 5 run D but Atlanta can air it out when needed.

Atlanta 23

Houston 13

Also, I need to stay away from betting on college basketball.

what do you guys think of the thursday night game ? Vick, Maclin and probably mccoy all out. i think its philli -3 and 43 ??? logic if that is possible says SEA, they wooped NYG and almost beat a healthy Dallas. I have to place action on a thursday night game..just not sure where to go. Maybe SEA and the over... just cuz I HATE betting the under

I like Seattle at home with Vick out but unless I see any prop bets that I like I will be staying away from that game.

agreed on staying away from that game.... i think i will do a few prop bets... I PUT $20 on lance more to make the 1st score...of course lucked out winning $240. I read they were wanting to get him involved again after the bye. he was on a TD steak before he got hurt. Also hit CJ on the list they had on most yards rushing at the noon game... he had the highest odds 10 to 1 for some reason. I like my chances on that one. I may do a long shot small bet on Vince Young making the first score and a bit on Celec

I wouldn't bet on any pro team giving 20 points, not even the Pats vs. Indy. I also wouldn't touch Philly - Seattle, the Eagles are way to unpredictable. I like a few road dogs this week:

KC plus 7 at Chicago. Played Pitt very tough last week and with Hanie at the helm the spread is too big.

CAR plus 3.5 at Tampa Bay. Bucs D has sucked this year - I don't trust them to hold the Panthers under 24 or more and I don't think they'll put up many points. I actually think the Panthers win outright.

Denver plus 1.5 at Minny. Denver has the running game and D to turn this into a real ugly low scoring slog. Plus they have Jesus.

The game I really like is Dallas giving 4.5 at Zona - they should win handily by a TD or more.

I wouldn't bet on any pro team giving 20 points, not even the Pats vs. Indy. I also wouldn't touch Philly - Seattle, the Eagles are way to unpredictable. I like a few road dogs this week:

KC plus 7 at Chicago. Played Pitt very tough last week and with Hanie at the helm the spread is too big.

CAR plus 3.5 at Tampa Bay. Bucs D has sucked this year - I don't trust them to hold the Panthers under 24 or more and I don't think they'll put up many points. I actually think the Panthers win outright.

Denver plus 1.5 at Minny. Denver has the running game and D to turn this into a real ugly low scoring slog. Plus they have Jesus.

The game I really like is Dallas giving 4.5 at Zona - they should win handily by a TD or more.

Indy's not a pro team...Hou beat Indy by 27, Atl beat Indy by 24...NE will beat Indy by at least 21.

KC played Pitt at home, where they are much better and feed off the crowd, they suck on the road and Palfko will be starting...I like Chicago to tone it down on offense, run the ball, limit TO and play solid D with a couple turnovers themselves...Bears win by 10+

I like Carloina plus the points, and to possibly win, espeically with Freeman Q.

I like Denver to beat Minny as well, but not because of Jesus, but because of there D and the fact Minny sucks.

I like Arz +4.5, Dallas doesn't beat anyone big and barely beat Miami, at home, on Thanksgiving. Not buying that Dallas wants to start blowing teams out all of a sudden. Since when do teams only want to win by 1 point? Once Romo turns the ball over a couple times and Bryant is his usuall loafing self, they will just try and win the game with solid D, they are not NE, NO or GB...Not too mention Arz plays decent at home...should be a close game.

I also like GB to throttle the Giants, they are decimated on D and one dimensional on O with Bradshaw out.

I like Arz +4.5, Dallas doesn't beat anyone big and barely beat Miami, at home, on Thanksgiving. Not buying that Dallas wants to start blowing teams out all of a sudden. Since when do teams only want to win by 1 point? Once Romo turns the ball over a couple times and Bryant is his usuall loafing self, they will just try and win the game with solid D, they are not NE, NO or GB...Not too mention Arz plays decent at home...should be a close game.

I don't know if I "like" Arz +4.5, but I agree with your reasoning. Dallas is not as good as ESPN makes them out to be and the haven't won a road game this year by more than 3 pnts.

I look at this game like the Browns/Ravens...just going to stay away from it.

Cincy screwed me this week...they were my 5 star pick. Had them tied into many parlays

I wouldve won a 3 team 25x($125) parlay, missed out on $750 because of that false start on the goal line w/ 58 secs left.

i have been a lucky F-er on player props

Scoring first TD

going with, Tavaris 5 to win 125, Vince 5 to win 75, riley cooper 5 to win 50 and lynch 5 to win 22. Not endorsing a win to cover and a over and under. So now I can get my fix till the 1st TD, then watch something else or crash early.

NCAA Basketball: 96-79-4; +41.95 units

NFL Football: 81-60-5; +27.7642 units

NCAA Football: I suck

NFL for 5 units

Seattle (+3) for 5 units WINNER

NCAA Football

West Virginia (-2) for 5 units WINNER

NCAA Basketball for 5 units

Cleveland St (-6) LOSER

Tenn Chattanooga (+1) LOSER

South Dakota (+14) LOSER

Cal St Fullerton (+19) WINNER

Alabama (-7) LOSER

DePaul 2nd H (-4) WINNER

Alabama 2nd H (-6)@-105 LOSER

Edit:

NCAA Basketball: 98-84-4; +24.7 units

NFL Football: 82-60-5; +32.7642 units

I don't know if I "like" Arz +4.5, but I agree with your reasoning. Dallas is not as good as ESPN makes them out to be and the haven't won a road game this year by more than 3 pnts.

I look at this game like the Browns/Ravens...just going to stay away from it.

Good advice. Kolb hasn't played in a month. I don't expect the AZ offense to be very smooth, not that it has been so far.

Lest we not foget, AZ's last 4 were 2 wins over the Rams due to Peterson punt return TDs, a headscratching win over Philly, and a beat down at the hands of San Fran. They're not a very good football team. Those other scumbags may not be as good as their hype either, but they can rush the passer and defend the run. That may in itself be enough.

Good advice. Kolb hasn't played in a month. I don't expect the AZ offense to be very smooth, not that it has been so far.

Lest we not foget, AZ's last 4 were 2 wins over the Rams due to Peterson punt return TDs, a headscratching win over Philly, and a beat down at the hands of San Fran. They're not a very good football team. Those other scumbags may not be as good as their hype either, but they can rush the passer and defend the run. That may in itself be enough.

Dallas past 2 games

@WAS W27-24 OT

vs MIA W 20-19

Do you think the Redskins and Dolphins are on a different level than the Cardinals?

Don't forget, the Redskins/Cardinals played back in week 2 and it was a 1pnt game.

Dont see any props worth taking today

Me neither.

Did take the under tonight on the total points. I like Seattle QB's throwing less the 1 1/2 td's tonight but the odds suck on it so I will pass.

Dallas past 2 games

@WAS W27-24 OT

vs MIA W 20-19

Do you think the Redskins and Dolphins are on a different level than the Cardinals?

Don't forget, the Redskins/Cardinals played back in week 2 and it was a 1pnt game.

I don't think AZ is as good as Miami; Washington is debatable; you mentioned that game, but not that they won. In either case, again, Kolb has not played in a month and wasn't exactly tearing it up prior to that. He's starting Sunday.

Crowd will be roughly 50/50. It is any year that dal comes to PHX.

Not trying to sell anybody on dal. I simply wouldn't touch the game.

I don't think AZ is as good as Miami; Washington is debatable; you mentioned that game, but not that they won. In either case, again, Kolb has not played in a month and wasn't exactly tearing it up prior to that. He's starting Sunday.

Crowd will be roughly 50/50. It is any year that dal comes to PHX.

Not trying to sell anybody on dal. I simply wouldn't touch the game.

I thought you was being sarcastic when you said "Good Advice" earlier and was trying to sell Dallas...my bad mis-understood you, we both agree on it...just stay away from it when it comes to the spread. :cheers:

Nothing good came out of tonights game for me. I picked the Eagles in both of my pickem sheets. In retrospect that was dumb, not because the Seahawks are killing them but because I should knew better than the Seahawks to lose 2 home games in a row. I played the Seahawks defense last week, then dropped them yesterday. Also I betted on the under for the total points in this game.

uuhhhggg ! i had a good feeling about SEA winning but I did what I hate and went with the under. I believe I would rather lose by not having enough points than lose having to many. It could have went either way and a loss is a loss. I know their is a lot of chatter about the dallas game. I am sticking myself out their and doing a 4 teamer with Dallas and the over and the Giants on the moneyline and the over.

The play of the week I think was Caro +3 over the Bucs, I got some heavy action on that game with Freeman being really gimpy and maynot be playing. I looked on bodog this morning and they had the odds scratched for now, probably gonna swing the other way

I usually do a 4 team ML parlay, but consider going up 1 and doing a 5 team ML parlay this week with the Bears, Jets, Falcons, 49ers, and Packers all winning. The only think I don't like about it is 3 out of 5 of them teams are on the road.

Considering taking the over in the Jets/Redskins game and the Bengals/Steelers game...not for sure which one yet though. Maybe both depending on how many prob bets I like come Sunday.

GridIronAssassin#1 where you been all week? I was interested to see if anything was sticking out to you that you liked or dislike.

I usually do a 4 team ML parlay, but consider going up 1 and doing a 5 team ML parlay this week with the Bears, Jets, Falcons, 49ers, and Packers all winning. The only think I don't like about it is 3 out of 5 of them teams are on the road.

Considering taking the over in the Jets/Redskins game and the Bengals/Steelers game...not for sure which one yet though. Maybe both depending on how many prob bets I like come Sunday.

GridIronAssassin#1 where you been all week? I was interested to see if anything was sticking out to you that you liked or dislike.

I took Carolina +3.5 and the U 47.5, now it'st down to 1 and 46.5, now it's back to 3.

NFL - 44-53-4 -13.45 units

Props - 88-65-4 +17.32 units

This looks pretty good, but this is why teasers are called sucker bets.

1.5 units

7 Point Teaser

Bears(Chicago) 0 (-105)

Patriots(NewEngland) -13.5 (-105)

Packers(GreenBay) +0.5 (-105)

1.25 units

6 Point Teaser (3 Teams)

Steelers(Pittsburgh) -0.5 (-105)

Packers(GreenBay) -0.5 (-105)

Ravens(Baltimore) -0.5 (-115)

Don't remember the last time I made 5 bets on one game. Let's hope this is a good thing

Antonio Brown (Steelers) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 4.5 (-115) Loser

Rashard Mendenhall (Steelers) Total Rushing Yards - Must Play

Under 65.5 (-115) Winner

Ben Roethlisberger (Steelers) Total Completions - Must Play

Under 21.5 (-115) Winner

1.1 unit

Andre Caldwell (Bengals) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 2.5 (-125) Loser

AJ Green (Bengals) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 4.5 (-115)Winner

Jake Ballard (Giants) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 2.5 (-115) Winner

Hakeem Nicks (Giants) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 4.5 (-115) Winner

Jordy Nelson (Packers) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 3.5 (-140)Winner

Dwayne Bowe (Chiefs) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 5 (-115) Loser

I swore off Raider WR's but Ford and Moore are out.

Darrius Heyward-Bey (Raiders) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 3.5 (-130) Loser

Brandon Marshall (Dolphins) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 5 (-115) Loser

Matt Ryan (Falcons) Total Completions - Must Play

Under 21.5 (-115)Winner

Jacob Tamme (Colts) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 2.5 (even)Winner

1.2 units

Austin Collie (Colts) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 3 (-115)Winner

Reggie Wayne (Colts) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 4 (-125)Winner

Tony Romo (Cowboys) Total Completions - Must Play

Over 21.5 (-130)Winner

Steven Jackson (Rams) Total Rushing Yards - Must Play

Under 65.5 (-115)Winner

1.3 units

Greg Little (Browns) Total Receptions - Must Play

Over 3.5 (-140)Loser

NFL Football: 82-60-5; +32.7642 units

NCAA Basketball: 113-96-4; +34.30 units

Sunday. Will add more. Subject to change.

NFL for 5 units

Tennessee (+3)@-130 WINNER

Oakland (+3.5)@-120 LOSER

Cincinnati (+7)@-130 LOSER

Washington (+3)@-130 LOSER

Houston (+1) WINNER

Carolina (+2) WINNER

Denver (-1) WINNER

Baltimore (-7) WINNER

Arizona (+4) WINNER

NY Giants (+7) WINNER

Detroit (+8) LOSER