Sign in to follow this  
track 1

peyton hillis predictions?

whats the status on him. with charles recovering is he the number 1?

It's going to be a 1A/1B situation much like Charles/T.Jones, JStew/Dwills or Brown/R.Williams. KC has openly admitted to wanting to run the ball 500+ times this season and there's no reason why they can't behind an above average O-line. What else can they really do, lean on Cassel? I see no reason why Charles and Hillis can't be the leagues leading rushing duo by years end.

I say imagine Thomas Jones' 2010 workload (with more than 3.7 YPC) with the added bonus that Hillis is the clear GL back and a good receiver. Add in the fact that Charles' knee is no sure bet to hold up and you have a player who should deliver low-end RB2 numbers at the very least. He'll also be playing for a long-term contract and a possible feature-back role somewhere else, if that kind of things means anything to you.

Let's say they run the ball 500 times. Let's also assume that It's a 60/40 split.

That's 300 for JC, 200 for Hillis.

If Hillis can Avg. 3.5 per, that's 700 yrds. Add in his catches - I'd say 1k APYs is "doable" & he'll be the goaline RB too?

Hillis is undervalued IMO & will pay his owners handsomely.

We're also assuming that both these RBs stay healthy..... :dunno:

I'm very high on Hillis this year. Contract year, injured RB ahead of him, goal line back, playing for a team that was third in rushing attempts in the NFL last year and have openly stated that they would like to be number one, etc... Equals a recipe for success. Add into the equation his ADP and he's a steal!

I also like Hillis this year. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Chiefs when the AFC West this year. Jon Baldwin is also a name you should eye up this season. As long as Hillis isn't counted on to carry the entire load, he will be fine (i.e. 2 years ago). I also don't think he was very happy in Cleveland last year.

Folks need to relax with crazy expectations.

Let's see how KC looks after the first few games. They 'might' want to run the ball but sometimes the flow of the game won't allow it.

500+ is a lot. When was the last time 2 backs got 250+ carries on the same team/year.

I'm expecting 250 touches, not necessarily carries. I'm think 220-25 rushes and 25-30 catches is very realistic for a healthy Hillis. Slightly more valuable in ppr, due to his great hands.

Folks need to relax with crazy expectations.

Let's see how KC looks after the first few games. They 'might' want to run the ball but sometimes the flow of the game won't allow it.

500+ is a lot. When was the last time 2 backs got 250+ carries on the same team/year.

In 2010 Charles has 230 carries and T.Jones had 245. Not 250 each, but pretty close. It just so happens to be one of two RBs were talking about. It's a bit much but pretty realistic.

In 2010 Charles has 230 carries and T.Jones had 245. Not 250 each, but pretty close. It just so happens to be one of two RBs were talking about. It's a bit much but pretty realistic.

Which makes carries plus catches as very attainable 250

Which makes carries plus catches as very attainable 250

When was the last time 2 RB touched the ball 250+ each?

I don't recall...did it ever even happen?

When was the last time 2 RB touched the ball 250+ each?

I don't recall...did it ever even happen?

You must have missed my post. It happened on the same team two years ago. :dunno:

Edit: Charles (275) T. Jones (259)

You must have missed my post. It happened on the same team two years ago. :dunno:

Edit: Charles (275) T. Jones (259)

Different Head Coach. OC and its not 2 years ago. But with all that said I believe hillis is a solid flex play at least

Different Head Coach. OC and its not 2 years ago. But with all that said I believe hillis is a solid flex play at least

My bad, yeah 09, or two full seasons ago, but the question was when was the last time it happened. The fact that it involves one of the players in question on the same team is just icing on the cake. Furthermore, the offensive philosophy hasn't changed much if at all since 09. Cassel is still there leading an underwhelming pass attack and the O-line is still above average.