Sign in to follow this  
hoydogg

Ridley

I'd prefer to see a few weeks of consistency before starting him over those guys. I think Charles has a great matchup this week, so personally I'd start him over Ridley.

Starting him in the flex/3rd RB spot (in a dynasty league) over Willis, The Law Firm & DeSean.

Ironically, I was trying to decide if I should start him over SJax or Charles also. Charles has a great matchup...he is in. Since I am playing the highest scorer in the league, I am starting him over SJax in hopes that he gets a lot of carries to kill the clock. They will be up huge on Arizona in a hurry.

honestly, what's to consider? johnson is terrible.

First, Chris Johnson is just one of my five keepers this year so I have much less invested in him than most. My thought process on this has very little, if any, emotion in it. Just FYI before I give my thoughts.

As terrible as he was and is thought to be, CJ was a top 10 back in my scoring system (PPR) last year. He had upwards of 1,500 total yards to go along with 57 receptions. His TD total was low and he was really inconsistent, but he was a top 10 back any way you slice it. This was all after he held out and was obviously not in game-shape until well into the season.

And despite his putrid YPC figure, he still got me 11 points in my league last week. He had 6 receptions for 47 yards, which obviously saved him. I read a blurb on one of the FF websites that the Titans O-line only had "good blocking" on 2 out of Johnson's 11 carries. By all accounts, the Pats' D-line looked very good and I think they could end up having a very good year. The Titans were trailing one of the most high-powered offenses in the NFL and Johnson only had 11 carries. I don't think he could have a worse game this year, so if 11 points is the worst he does, I think he could be in line for another top 10 year. The fact that he is in much better shape this year and has looked faster only reinforces that.

With that said, it's certainly possible that last week could become the norm, but I'll need to see more before I'm ready to cut bait on him.

I am playing him over Ryan Matthews. Not that that is a tough choice as Matthews might not even play, but even if he does Ridley is in there until Matthews shows he can take a tackle.

The tough choice now is whether to play Spiller over Ridley. :unsure:

Starting him over K.Smith at Flex this week. I started Smith over Rid week 1 and thankfully it turned out well in the end, but I was regretting it for a few hours. Add Smith going against SF this week and the decision is made for me. RUN RID, RUN! :overhead:

Starting Ridley and D.Murray....over M.Turner, Doug Martin and A.Morris.

(non-ppr league)

Does this seem like a good move?

You have to start Ridley this week against the Cardinals. Patriots are, in all likelihood, going to have a solid lead and will be handing off to Ridley a lot to kill clock. I would start him over Steven Jackson, but get him in your lineup somehow (whether as a flex or RB2).

De Murray, Ridley and A Peterson.

2 RB spots.

Right now I have Ridley and Peterson. I just really like Seattle's chances at home. I see Murray getting something like 23 carries, 63 yards.

This is from another thread, but it may be relevant in this discussion:

I am starting RGIII with supreme confidence against the Rams. Being a Rams homer, I can tell you this; After we placed Wells (Center) on IR and Saffold is not even being told yet how long he will be out, the team is a total mess. We lost our two best linemen in one game.

Hearing this would make me stay clear of starting S Jax if I had another option.

De Murray, Ridley and A Peterson.

2 RB spots.

Right now I have Ridley and Peterson. I just really like Seattle's chances at home. I see Murray getting something like 23 carries, 63 yards.

Im also thinking of sitting Murray and starting Ridley and Alf Morris (non ppr).

Seattle is tough vs run and Murray doesn't score many TDs it seems.

Trent Richardson.

This. MJD + Ridley for Week 2. Trent has to show something.