Sign in to follow this  
JML7211

Top Wr's This Year

With so much parity and depth at the WR position this year I thought it would be interesting to see what people thought about the top ten wr's this year (for fantasy purposes). Here would be my top ten list. Not going to make a PPR/NON PPR distinction because the top then would remain relatively the same either way IMO (maybe with a few bumps up or down).

1)Calvin Johnson

2)Julio Jones

3)Andre Johnson

4)Brandon Marshall

5)Larry Fitz

6)Roddy White

7)Harvin

8)Steve Smith (CAR)

9)Mike Wallace (CAR)

10)Cruz

Honorable Mentions: Hakeem Nicks, AJ Green, The resurgent Reggie Wayne

There is another level of Brown, Decker, Maclin, Lloyd, Welker, Garcon, Dez, D. Thomas, Torrey Smith but some of those are interchangeable to me.

NON PPR

With so much parity and depth at the WR position this year I thought it would be interesting to see what people thought about the top ten wr's this year (for fantasy purposes). Here would be my top ten list. Not going to make a PPR/NON PPR distinction because the top then would remain relatively the same either way IMO (maybe with a few bumps up or down).

1)Calvin Johnson

2)Julio Jones

3)Andre Johnson

4)Brandon Marshall

5)Larry Fitz

6)Roddy White

7)Harvin

8)Steve Smith (CAR)

9)Mike Wallace (CAR)

10)Cruz

Honorable Mentions: Hakeem Nicks, AJ Green, The resurgent Reggie Wayne

There is another level of Brown, Decker, Maclin, Lloyd, Welker, Garcon, Dez, D. Thomas, Torrey Smith but some of those are interchangeable to me.

NON PPR

I can guarantee you that at best you will land 6 out of the 10...

I can guarantee you that at best you will land 6 out of the 10...

Thats why I started this thread. Wanted to see what people though? What would your list be?

Dont know who the carolina mike wallace is and also you said you wouldnt make a distinction between ppr and non ppr. Then at the end you sneak in a little non ppr on us. You trying to pull a fast one? Fitzgerald is off to a very slow start if he wants to be number 5 on the list.

1)Calvin Johnson

2)Julio Jones

3)Andre Johnson

4)Brandon Marshall

5)Larry Fitz

6)Roddy White

7)Harvin

8)Steve Smith (CAR)

9)Mike Wallace (CAR)

10)Cruz

Some not surprising names there. I think a good question is if you had to pick 5 names to possibly crack that top 10 Usual Suspects list, who would it be?

I don't think Wallace, White and Cruz make it (and I owned Cruz last year and this).

Guys who could make it instead:

Dem Thomas

Mac Floyd

Stephen Hill

Pierre Garcon

Ok, for starters...Steve Smith will not sniff the top ten.

I'll take a ballsy prediction here. I predict Steve Smiths body breaks down and LaFell emerges. So I will replace LaFell with Smith on that list.

Some not surprising names there. I think a good question is if you had to pick 5 names to possibly crack that top 10 Usual Suspects list, who would it be?

I don't think Wallace, White and Cruz make it (and I owned Cruz last year and this).

Dem Thomas

Mac Floyd

Stephen Hill

Pierre Garcon

This is an interesting twist.

I'll agree with all those. Except Garcon because he has a tough time staying healthy. Was super high on M. Floyd the beginning of the year but Rivers didn't look his way as much as I'd hoped.

I'd add Kenny Britt and LaFell

Dem Thomas

Mac Floyd

Stephen Hill

Pierre Garcon

Is the Stephen Hill thing a sort of inside humor I'm not familiar with?

Is the Stephen Hill thing a sort of inside humor I'm not familiar with?

My actual humor is much worse.

I threw Hill in there as - yes - a reach, but I would not be surprised if one of this crop of rookie (or near rooks like Cobb) WRs breaks in. Marques Colston came close one year, Calvin was top-20 another, guys like Braylon Edwards have one great year, it can happen.

ETA: "He became only the fifth player in the last 25 years to record two receiving touchdowns in his first game, according to ESPN Stats & Information. The others: Alex Smith (Bucs, 2005), Anquan Boldin (Cards, 2003), Charles Rogers (Lions, 2003) and Randy Moss (Vikings, 1998). "

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/15434/hill-loses-lunch-wins-praise

I don't know about receptions and yards, but he could grab some plenty TDs from Sanchez this year.

Reggie Wayne should be in there along with Garcon.

L. Moore may sneak in there too.

not liking Fitz, Wallace & S.smith.

My actual humor is much worse.

I threw Hill in there as - yes - a reach, but I would not be surprised if one of this crop of rookie (or near rooks like Cobb) WRs breaks in. Marques Colston came close one year, Calvin was top-20 another, guys like Braylon Edwards have one great year, it can happen.

ETA: "He became only the fifth player in the last 25 years to record two receiving touchdowns in his first game, according to ESPN Stats & Information. The others: Alex Smith (Bucs, 2005), Anquan Boldin (Cards, 2003), Charles Rogers (Lions, 2003) and Randy Moss (Vikings, 1998). "

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/15434/hill-loses-lunch-wins-praise

I don't know about receptions and yards, but he could grab some plenty TDs from Sanchez this year.

He's definitely a reach - but he may be one of the more underrated wr's still... even after last week. The Jets have been targeting him...A LOT. You need to put your best corner on Santonio so hes always going against number 2. Physically he's got everything you want (besides rocks for hands). There's a lot of potential here.