Sign in to follow this  
hoydogg

Steelers D

What do you guys think of the Steelers D this week if Harrison and Polamalu don't play? Do they drop a bit? They are my main defense, but this concerns me a bit. Would you pick up a different D to play this week?

Polamalu isn't quite the player he once was, but that defense still ticks because of him. If he's out, it's a downgrade for sure. Harrison they can live without.

Always start Pitt vs a mediocre offense.I said it during preseason, the steelers are a system and coach driven defense, not a personnel driven D. No matter who they put back there, if they are nfl players, the steelers will be a tough D. Polamalu in his prime was icing on the cake, but they are fine with whoever is there.

Always start Pitt vs a mediocre offense.I said it during preseason, the steelers are a system and coach driven defense, not a personnel driven D. No matter who they put back there, if they are nfl players, the steelers will be a tough D. Polamalu in his prime was icing on the cake, but they are fine with whoever is there.

I agree in part with this. But, the replacement guys aren't keyed up to the system yet. Fantasy D's rely on TO's and sacks. Unless pitt goes up big early, that ain't happening.

I agree in part with this. But, the replacement guys aren't keyed up to the system yet. Fantasy D's rely on TO's and sacks. Unless pitt goes up big early, that ain't happening.

They are well versed in the system. defensive systems are simple for the key missing players compared to offensive routes and blocking schemes. Sometimes their job is as simple as "kill the qb" and "don't let this guy catch the ball". They know what they are doing. If they get gashed I'll eat crow.

They are well versed in the system. defensive systems are simple for the key missing players compared to offensive routes and blocking schemes. Sometimes their job is as simple as "kill the qb" and "don't let this guy catch the ball". They know what they are doing. If they get gashed I'll eat crow.

Absurd. They are retarded athletes that need to be taught to play in the system. Tell them to "go kill qb" gets you a 60 yard td dropped on your azz.