RBs:

Mike Goodson or Jonathan Stewart?

WRs:

Cecil Shorts or Pierre Garcon?

TEs:

Brandon Myers or Jared Cook?

Who has the better year and why?

Stewart, Garcon and Cook

I expect garcon and cook to be more important pieces in their teams offenses.... stewart is just a hunch and I'm not yet sure what to expect from the jets ground game

I only know one of these for sure... Shorts

No way would I bet on a WR with a bad wheel.

I think Cook is the only "no-brainer" of the choices.

Slight edge to Garcon...Shorts has Blackmon to contend with.

Goodson/Stewart....need a few months on this one.

RBs:

WRs:

TEs:

RB: Stewart. Both men have shown some talent, Stewart has shown more. Trust CAR offense more than the Jets by far. Only question is DeAngelo Williams.

WR: Garcon. Both flashed big game potential last year, Garcon has less competition and a better QB.

TE: Tough one here. Cook is more talented, both are in new offenses... coin flip. Cook has more upside, Myers looks safer. Given it's a likely back-up TE spot, I'd go with the upside of Cook.

RB - JStew: DWilly should be a June roster cut so the door should officially open for Stewart to take over the #1 roll, but that committee with Tolbert & Cam's rushing threat is a little concerning.

WR - Garcon: I'm not crazy about Garcon saying he won't be 100% by the beginning of the season but his quarterback/offensive situation is much more stable. I'll roll the dice.

TE - Jared Cook: He was brought in to help out Bradford instead of being underutilized like he was in Tennessee.

RBs:

WRs:

TEs:

if de williams is let go ..its stewart ...

shorts ... if a player during the off season in april says he does not see himself playing at 100% because of injury thats not good news imo

myers ..i like what he did with the raiders ..and i just have a feeling he is going to be a very solid player with the gmen ....but...this is the toughest one to pick from imo

Stewart is the only clear choice for me. What does it say about Goodson that both me and WW think Stewart? Not much faith in the Jets that's for sure.

Tough to judge the tes both entering a new team but I would take Cook.

Meyers could be solid but he's not quite as dynamic or as good a redzone threat as the black unicorn and with Nicks healthy and Randle emerging he might not be as big a big a factor. Cook could be bigger part of the offense with Amendola gone, is a dynamic talent and could benefit from some garbage time.

Also the question 'better year' begs the question are we talking about total stats or points per average start?

I think Garcon could post higher points in the games he plays in but how many will that be?

I'm going to go with Goodson. I've had JStew on my team the last couple of years and there is always this talk that this is his year. They said that they were going to feature him at the end of last year in a power game and he didn't show anything. The kid is always injured and there is too many mouths to feed with Cam and DWill. I think Goodson can beat out Powell and the Jets could turn around there O with Holmes coming back and Hill getting better.

I'd take Garcon at WR. I'm not too worried about him saying that he won't be 100%. At least he is being honest. NFL players are always claiming they are 100% when they are in fact not. Garcon is the focal point of that passing game andput up WR1 numbers when healthy. This year might prove me wrong but I didn't buy into shorts. We will see if he is a one hit wonder.

Cook. This is easy.

What does it say about Goodson that both me and WW think Stewart? Not much faith in the Jets that's for sure.

its more about my uncertainty with his role. Will he start? will the Jets actually go after Ivory? What role will Powell play?

that and I expect the Panthers to cut D-Will

Stewart Garcon Myers

DWill will be cut which means Stewart should get more touches. He's the better RB in the better offense. We know for sure he's better since he and Goodson were teammates the season before last and Goodson was #3.

Garcon has a quality QB and if he can't play, a quality backup. He put up the numbers last year. Shorts did well too but OMG it's Jacksonville, people.

I went with Myers and it was easy. I don't know what the rest of you are seeing. Cook never produces. He's played for Jeff Fisher before and didn't do anything. Is he really that much of an upgrade on Lance Kendricks who wasn't used? All hype. Meanwhile Eli makes all his TEs look good for FF purposes. Whoever you bring in, he looks great. Myers had a big year last year, much better than Cook.

Stewart Garcon Myers

DWill will be cut which means Stewart will get more touches. He's the better RB in the better offense. We know for sure he's better since he and Goodson were teammates the season before last and Goodson was RB#3.

Garcon has a quality QB and if he can't play, a quality backup. He put up the numbers last year. Shorts did well too but OMG it's Jacksonville, people.

I went with Myers and it was easy so I'm surprised I'm in the minority. Cook never produces. He's played for Jeff Fisher before and didn't do anything. Is he really that much of an upgrade on Lance Kendricks who wasn't used? All hype. Meanwhile Eli always makes his TEs look good for FF purposes. Whoever you bring in, he looks great. Further, Myers already had a big year last year, much better than Cook.

Stewart Garcon Myers

DWill will be cut which means Stewart will get more touches. He's the better RB in the better offense. We know for sure he's better since he and Goodson were teammates the season before last and Goodson was RB#3.

I went with Myers and it was easy so I'm surprised I'm in the minority. Cook never produces. He's played for Jeff Fisher before and didn't do anything. Is he really that much of an upgrade on Lance Kendricks who wasn't used? All hype. Meanwhile Eli always makes his TEs look good for FF purposes. Whoever you bring in, he looks great. Further, Myers already had a big year last year, much better than Cook.

I can see Myers putting up similar #'s as Bennett did last year. 55-626-5. Probably less, too many other options on that offense, especially with Nicks being back to healthy. Not to mention, Bennett started out hot and did very little the rest of the year. Eli's not going to eyeball Myers for games at a time like Carson Palmer did, either.

According to some reports, the Rams will be using a lot of 2 TE sets while utilizing Cook in the slot. I'm not a 100% sure what that means, but, it sounds good for Cook.

If Myers puts up similar #'s as Bennett did last year, you're looking at a very mediocre-ish top 12-14 TE. I'll pass.

I think Cook will easily eclipse that with the new team. The Rams didn't sign him so he can stand on the field and look pretty. They're going to use him.

I can see Myers putting up similar #'s as Bennett did last year. 55-626-5. Probably less, too many other options on that offense, especially with Nicks being back to healthy. Not to mention, Bennett started out hot and did very little the rest of the year. Eli's not going to eyeball Myers for games at a time like Carson Palmer did, either.

According to some reports, the Rams will be using a lot of 2 TE sets while utilizing Cook in the slot. I'm not a 100% sure what that means, but, it sounds good for Cook.

If Myers puts up similar #'s as Bennett did last year, you're looking at a very mediocre-ish top 12-14 TE. I'll pass.

I think Cook will easily eclipse that with the new team. The Rams didn't sign him so he can stand on the field and look pretty. They're going to use him.

still not sold on cook at this time ..and i agree that cook was not sign to sit ...buy neither was myers ....i think myers has the better season imo

The hype for Cook comes from the speculation that he will fill Amendola's role as the possession/outlet receiver. Cook has speed and playmaking ability. If he can also get allot of receptions, he's got a pretty high ceiling.

You know what you're getting with Myers. If you're drafting a backup TE, I'd take the one with the higher upside.

The hype for Cook comes from the speculation that he will fill Amendola's role as the possession/outlet receiver. Cook has speed and playmaking ability. If he can also get allot of receptions, he's got a pretty high ceiling.

You know what you're getting with Myers. If you're drafting a backup TE, I'd take the one with the higher upside.

i dont see cook with the upside after the rams draft amendola replacement

Garcon vs Shorts is a tough one.

If Garcon was 100% healthy this would be a no brainer, but he's not. Now with Blackmon suspended for 4 games, Shorts becomes Jacksonville's #1 WR. Shorts almost had 1,000 yards on just 55 catches. That's very Impressive. Right now I would go with Shorts but if Garcon looks healthy in preseason, I would gamble with him over Shorts.

Garcon vs Shorts is a tough one.

If Garcon was 100% healthy this would be a no brainer, but he's not. Now with Blackmon suspended for 4 games, Shorts becomes Jacksonville's #1 WR. Shorts almost had 1,000 yards on just 55 catches. That's very Impressive. Right now I would go with Shorts but if Garcon looks healthy in preseason, I would gamble with him over Shorts.

garcon did avg 13.4 points per game shorts did avg 13.9 ... and i agree don't like to hear a player himself saying he is unsure

Revisiting:

Goodson has the legal trouble and Ivory now. Stewart still has D Will because he wasn't a June first cut and instead reworked his deal...

Garcon still not healthy and now some shoulder trouble? Shorts is in his 3rd year and Blackmon won't be around the first 4 games...

Cook is getting hype in STL and might make something of his ability. Myers is getting no press and remains on his TE2 projections...

Did I miss anything? Thoughts?