Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

Where should calvin go?

In a non ppr standard league...I feel his floor is 1500/10 and I have seen mocks where he goes 11/12 overall...now I feel as though the rb craze is pushing him back a bit..remember the days where andre Johnson was going around 6-9??? Calvin's last 2 seasons are better than anything Andre has done..I think calvin should be around 6-9

Thouts?

I may be alone, but after pick 3 i am just as happy with the RBs coming back in round two. I wouldn't hesitate to pick calvin as high as the 4th pick... maybe a bit of a reach, but like you said... his floor is higher production than most RBs in the first round...

RBs are going to fly off the board this year, I plan to go RB/RB no matter where I pick..

put it this way I am a HUGE Mega fan, but I would take AP, Martin, Spiller, Foster, Charles, T-rich, Rice, Lynch, Mccoy, ahead of any WR or QB, I guess that puts CJ at 10 in my book

In a non ppr standard league...I feel his floor is 1500/10 and I have seen mocks where he goes 11/12 overall...now I feel as though the rb craze is pushing him back a bit..remember the days where andre Johnson was going around 6-9??? Calvin's last 2 seasons are better than anything Andre has done..I think calvin should be around 6-9

Thouts?

i recall in the day when jerry rice was the first pick in many drafts i was in back in the mid to late 80es .. i like cj alot ..i would say 4th on back i am going to take a very good long look at him .

All depends on who I self mock and see come back around in the 2nd and 3rd. If I take him 4th-5th, who is still left on the wrap.

His floor is 1500 and 10 TDs? I like Megatron a lot so don't get me wrong, but this is my one problem with everyone's expectations this season.

Pettigrew had a horribly inconsistent season last year which IMHO will improve this year. Reggie Bush should be able to add consistency to the RB position and Leshoure if healthy can potentially grind out games late and potentially near the goal line. Also keep in mind, Matt Stafford just threw the single most passing attempts in NFL history last year and 64 more than his previous career high. I'd expect that number to go down as well.

I dunno...maybe I'm wrong...I probably am...but I'm not going to have him on any of my teams this year...not for the price he'll cost at least.

Thouts?

In a non-PPR, I don't think he holds as much value. 1500/10 is probably good for WR1, but only RB7 or 8. Like Giraldi said, it's also a little wild to expect that as any receiver's floor, although I agree it's a fairly likely outcome for Calvin.

In non-PPR, I'd probably take Peterson, Foster, Charles, Rice, McCoy, Martin, and Richardson ahead of Calvin without hesitation. Maybe even Morris, considering that his lack of involvement in the passing game matters less in standard. I've always been an RB guy, though.