Sign in to follow this  
nasdax33

Similar value L. Murray and J. Randle...who's the real deal!

I feel like both of these RB's have have the most question marks swirling around them...so which one is the real deal...who has the higher value on draft day?

I feel like both of these RB's have have the most question marks swirling around them...so which one is the real deal...who has the higher value on draft day?

Right now I agree with the post above I like L Murray a little bit more .

Please dont draft either and let them both fall to me in the 4th and 5th round after i take graham in the third.

What are you predicting for Jimmy Graham, Frozen? A lot of naysayers this season.

What are you predicting for Jimmy Graham, Frozen? A lot of naysayers this season.

I think 1100 yards is his floor along with 10 tds. I am hoping for closer to 1300 yards and 14ish tds. I really think Unger leaving will affect the run game. Plud i think Wilson will need some bail out plays by Graham.

I think 1100 yards is his floor along with 10 tds. I am hoping for closer to 1300 yards and 14ish tds. I really think Unger leaving will affect the run game. Plud i think Wilson will need some bail out plays by Graham.

Where does he fall on your big board?

from the looks of things, murray is pretty much the unquestioned starter. randle is in a much more ambiguous situation--broaddus (former pro scout who now works as a cowboys analyst) strongly believes that DMC will be the guy. most other analysts think that the job is randle's to lose, which is my thinking also.

as i mentioned in the other randle thread, the #1 guy in DAL is looking at ~230 carries. until both randle and DMC are getting solid work in, it's unwise to bet on who will come out on top of the competition. randle has wiggle and vision, while DMC is a better blocker, has more power, and is a homerun threat.

Im fine with the 10 td floor but rethink that yardage. How many TE have even ever had an 1100yd season? That will be tough with the sea passing game. Im thinking something like 85 800 12.

I would take Randle here. The Cowboys have a powerful offense and the best offensive line in football. Randle is verging on just-a-guy territory, but I'm willing to give him a shot given the environment he's working with. Murray is exciting, but his work in Oakland last year actually wasn't that great. In his 4 games as a starter, he had 68 carries for 258 yards and 0 TDs. That's 3.9 YPC and no scores. He was better as a receiver, but now Helu's in town too, and he's a great receiving back.

Murray's got explosiveness, but the Raiders were a terrible run-blocking team and have done little to improve that. I would not bet on him doing better than something like 1100 total yards and 6-7 TDs in 16 games--pretty good, but not a huge yield on his ADP. I believe Randle has a much better shot at those numbers, with more upside, too.

• Like 1

For me it is about situation. I like Murray's talent and the upgrades Oakland has made but there are just too many games where Oakland will be forced off script. Would you trust Murray in the fantasy playoffs @Denver, GB and San Deigo? I don't.

The good news on Randle is that McFadden missing practice has dropped him all the way to the middle 9th in 12 team drafts. Earlier it was Randle in the 5th and McFadden in the 6th. That is a big outlay early in the draft. I'd rather have Randle in the 3rd and take McFadden in the 9th and lock down the Dallas RB.

Also keep in mind Helu will take away 3rd down duties from Murray. If you are swinging for the fences and want someone who might be a top 8-10 back, I think Randle has a leg up on Murray. Of course, he can be an idiot. It seems I recall Witten and some of the other veterans going to the coaching staff and wanting him released last year. Still, with the O-line in Dallas and McFadden as his competition I would go with Randle.

Will L. Dunbar not also take 3rd down duties from Randle and a few touches from McFadden?

Yes

Also keep in mind Helu will take away 3rd down duties from Murray. If you are swinging for the fences and want someone who might be a top 8-10 back, I think Randle has a leg up on Murray. Of course, he can be an idiot. It seems I recall Witten and some of the other veterans going to the coaching staff and wanting him released last year. Still, with the O-line in Dallas and McFadden as his competition I would go with Randle.

Dunbar will be the third down guy and let's just say McFadden is a wait and see .

I would take Randle here. The Cowboys have a powerful offense and the best offensive line in football. Randle is verging on just-a-guy territory, but I'm willing to give him a shot given the environment he's working with. Murray is exciting, but his work in Oakland last year actually wasn't that great. In his 4 games as a starter, he had 68 carries for 258 yards and 0 TDs. That's 3.9 YPC and no scores. He was better as a receiver, but now Helu's in town too, and he's a great receiving back.

Murray's got explosiveness, but the Raiders were a terrible run-blocking team and have done little to improve that. I would not bet on him doing better than something like 1100 total yards and 6-7 TDs in 16 games--pretty good, but not a huge yield on his ADP. I believe Randle has a much better shot at those numbers, with more upside, too.

Good post with really good points . I do agree that Randle has the high ceiling over all because of the team he playes on . But I still have Murray over him I just think this will be his break out season and I think when healthy I see the Cowboys giving McFadden a healthy does of carries . If he gets healthy .

I dont think Helu is going to just take away 3rd downs completely. Murray is solid at pass catching.

Murray is the better runner, but Randle has the better supporting cast. Randle's got decent vision and solid speed. WIth that O-line he's bound to break a few big runs for TDs.

Murray's team as a whole will struggle. If Cooper lives up to being a weapon on that offense, it'll help Murray. But like some said, the Raiders could find themselves down early and have to pass with Helu coming in and taking snaps away.

I got Randle. But it's neck and neck.

I dont think Helu is going to just take away 3rd downs completely. Murray is solid at pass catching.

Helu is top tier pass catching rb in the league ... kid wasn't bought in to wind his fockin' watch :dunno:

when it comes to pass catching ... Slats may be proficient , but Helu is elite :thumbsup:

Helu is top tier pass catching rb in the league ... kid wasn't bought in to wind his fockin' watch :dunno:

when it comes to pass catching ... Slats may be proficient , but Helu is elite :thumbsup:

I agree that Helu is elite at pass catching. I think Helu should be a 3 down back somewhere. But he still isnt as good as Murray with the ball in his hands. I am not saying Helu wont get his share. I am just stating that Murray is a solid enough pass catcher that he isnt going to be Alfred Morrisd out of every 3rd down situation.

Im fine with the 10 td floor but rethink that yardage. How many TE have even ever had an 1100yd season? That will be tough with the sea passing game. Im thinking something like 85 800 12.

800? Thats less than 10 ypr. His career average is 12.3. Plus Graham has blown past 1100 yards twice in his career, and i would bet he would have done it twice more had he not been hobbled by injuries for the majority of two years.

^ gotcha, FBN

just that I am sky freakin' high on Helu this year ... top 20 ppr is what I see for this kid out in Oakland. will reach in every draft I have (all ppr)

Murray is intriguing, and I believe in his talent and skill set ... matter of fact, I am a big believer in that Raiders offense being fun to watch, and quite servicable, fantasy wise ... and the addition of Helu is a big part of that.

remember, Marcel Reece proved to be a very adept pass catcher, swiss army knife kinda dude, yet they reached out to Helu anyway.

I think he went there because he was assured a role much bigger than I think the ff community is allowing him.

interesting season on tap out there, looking forward to the sizzle -

800? Thats less than 10 ypr. His career average is 12.3. Plus Graham has blown past 1100 yards twice in his career, and i would bet he would have done it twice more had he not been hobbled by injuries for the majority of two years.

Career average ypr is absolutely meaningless when you have played with one qb your whole career and now with another with a completely dif style. Especially when you go from a passing team with a near annual passing yds leader in Brees to the team that ran the most by far in 2014 and Wilson.

Career average ypr is absolutely meaningless when you have played with one qb your whole career and now with another with a completely dif style. Especially when you go from a passing team with a near annual passing yds leader in Brees to the team that ran the most by far in 2014 and Wilson.

I agree that its not a direct comparison. My point is less than 10 ypc is ridiculously low. Wilson has a good arm.. hes not Ryan Tannehill.

Will L. Dunbar not also take 3rd down duties from Randle and a few touches from McFadden?

not duties. dunbar is a specialty player, not a 3rd down back. he just doesn't have enough mass to take on blitzing LBs. since pass pro is an essential trait of a 3rd down back, you're not going to see him in a regular rotation.

the overwhelming likelihood is that DMC will be the 3rd down back, with occasional looks going to dunbar.