Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Mike Lupica on MSNBC

I liked life much better before (30ish) I knew what politics was and before I knew the difference between left and right and liberal and conservative and before I knew which way people leaned politically

One thing this place taught me that I regret.

I liked life much better before (30ish) I knew what politics was and before I knew the difference between left and right and liberal and conservative and before I knew which way people leaned politically

One thing this place taught me that I regret.

True. I will not look at him the same anymore.

I have always thought Lupica was a turd in the sports genre. I am sure he is the same in politics as well.

I have always thought Lupica was a turd in the sports genre. I am sure he is the same in politics as well.

I don't even need to read a single word to know he's a liberal twat.

way back when i was innocent and knew nothing, I really enjoyed his books. (Summer of 98, Heat, Miracle on 49th Street)

I also enjoyed reading Mr Funny Ears too (Mitch Albom) (Tuesdays with Morrie and The Five People you Meet in Heaven)

Lupica made a name for himself going after Steinbrenner and Billy Martin in the 70's and 80's. He hated Martin with a passion. Martin would make fun of him and have bartenders send him a glass of milk. But Lupica really showed he was a great sports mind when he said the Giants had screwed up in 1986 by not signing Doug Flutie and replacing Phil Simms. Had nothing to do with the fact that Flutie was a short guy from Boston College, just like Lupica. The Giants went 14-2 and won the SB in 86.

A friend said 25 years ago about him, "always last guy picked, and now he is getting back at them".

Flutie was a short guy from Boston College, just like Lupica.

Redundant.

:D

I don't even need to read a single word to know he's a liberal twat.

way back when i was innocent and knew nothing, I really enjoyed his books. (Summer of 98, Heat, Miracle on 49th Street)

I also enjoyed reading Mr Funny Ears too (Mitch Albom) (Tuesdays with Morrie and The Five People you Meet in Heaven)

I loved Mitch Albom's work when he first came to Detroit as a sportswriter. I met him in 1986 when he wrote an article about my BIL's younger brother who was stabbed to death in his HS after practice one day. Really, really nice guy at the time. Since then he has really tilted far in a direction that I don't get much of the time. Also, his columns are written in a similar style EVERY week, same format....hard to explain but if you read a couple you would understand what I mean.

I will say he does a lot of good things for Detroit and Detroiters.