RLLD

Media Bias

war in Yemen.

But at least five of the Republican Senators who voted against the bill have received funding from lobbyists working for Saudi Arabia, a fact that illustrates how the kingdom uses its vast wealth to influence U.S. foreign policy.

Senators voted 63 in favor and 37 against to move the resolution forward on Tuesday. The vote was a procedural step that will see the bill move forward in the Senate, but the House of Representatives has yet to act on Yemen.

https://www.newsweek.com/republicans-senators-who-tried-kill-yemen-war-resolution-were-paid-saudi-1236715

So of those 37 Senators who opposed it we now know that five were Republicans who received some money from Saudi special interests....and that represents Saudi meddling in our foreign policy......really?

The best part picks up at 5:44, where they show the disparity in reporting about Biden vs Trump.  CNn in particular just looks clownish.  😁

Trump = ratings

Biden = change the channel.... unless, of course, he takes a sh!tter on a stage or falls down the stairs.

• Haha 1

On 6/2/2023 at 3:29 PM, BufordT said:

Trump = ratings

Biden = change the channel.... unless, of course, he takes a sh!tter on a stage or falls down the stairs.

Which is daily now.

Media bias is one of the biggest problems in our country over the past 15 years. Right up there with left wing organized schooling.

16 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Liberals don't see the media bias... they just see Fox News as the ones who lie.

They all suck.  Even Fox News fires and/or censors anyone who does not toe the line of the corporate-government establishment.  Just a slightly different flavor. We have not had a free independent media for decades.   

• Like 1

But there is hope on the horizon.  The Trusted News Initiative.   We will have big tech and corporate giant news organizations teaming up to ensure everyone only gets the approved government-santitized news.   No more of those secret zoom meeting to try to coordinate news stories and efforts to sabbatage those whacky news stories which counter the approved narrative.  This will be a one-stop shop to improve the effectiveness of the establishment propaganda.  Yeah!!!!

You can not even make up the bullcrap the elitist bastards are trying to pull.   It is right out in the open and Democrats and idiot Republicans will think this is a great effort to fight all that 'fake news'.  

25 minutes ago, jonmx said:

They all suck.  Even Fox News fires and/or censors anyone who does not toe the line of the corporate-government establishment.  Just a slightly different flavor. We have not had a free independent media for decades.   

Oh, I agree, but you'll never hear anyone on the left who thinks that the news they're getting is bias.  Well, that's not true.  They do know there's a "slight" bias.  LOL

20 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, I agree, but you'll never hear anyone on the left who thinks that the news they're getting is bias.  Well, that's not true.  They do know there's a "slight" bias.  LOL

There is some on the left who distrust the media, but it seems to be a dying breed.  The left used to skeptical of big corporations, but today's leftists cheerlead for the military industrial complex, big Pharma, and big Tech and all their monopolies.  

So the reporter did the standard leftist setup on Vivek, he called her out on it, and even predicted how she would misrepresent him.....and the focking moron STILL did it.....

🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 11/29/2018 at 4:12 PM, RLLD said:

https://www.newsweek.com/republicans-senators-who-tried-kill-yemen-war-resolution-were-paid-saudi-1236715

So of those 37 Senators who opposed it we now know that five were Republicans who received some money from Saudi special interests....and that represents Saudi meddling in our foreign policy......really?

You think Saudi Arabia spends millions lobbying US congressman for funsies? 

Just now, MDC said:

You think Saudi Arabia spends millions lobbying US congressman for funsies? 

No more so than Biden absorbing millions of dollars from foreign nations is just because they think he is neat.....

Just now, RLLD said:

No more so than Biden absorbing millions of dollars from foreign nations is just because they think he is neat.....

It's amazing how you speak of this as if it's fact.  YET there's not been one shred of real proof despite the GOP investigating it for over a year.

I guess that Biden is just too dang smart for everyone?  Or maybe the GOP is in the tank for Biden?

You are so convinced that you must have access to information that no one else does.

Just now, Raven Fan said:

It's amazing how you speak of this as if it's fact.  YET there's not been one shred of real proof despite the GOP investigating it for over a year.

I guess that Biden is just too dang smart for everyone?  Or maybe the GOP is in the tank for Biden?

You are so convinced that you must have access to information that no one else does.

what?

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

To answer your question, yes. Saudi Arabia spending millions to lobby US Congressmen does represent SA meddling in our foreign policy. 

🤦‍♂️ 

3 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

The bank records and laptop provide enough proof for me, and far more than the fabricated Steele Dossier did to investigate Trump.

Biden thought he was too smart for everyone. His overconfidence was misplaced. Though to be fair, how could he have anticipated his moron son would lose a laptop that documented some of his criminal activity?

I am convinced that people in power do not always do the right thing, and sometimes they pointedly do criminal things.  Rather than be a sycophant, as you appear to be, I instead insist they all be held to account. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

To answer your question, yes. Saudi Arabia spending millions to lobby US Congressmen does represent SA meddling in our foreign policy. 

🤦‍♂️ 

As are other nations.  Which is why I insist that they all be equally watching and/or investigated.  ^_^

10 minutes ago, RLLD said:

The bank records and laptop provide enough proof for me, and far more than the fabricated Steele Dossier did to investigate Trump.

Biden thought he was too smart for everyone. His overconfidence was misplaced. Though to be fair, how could he have anticipated his moron son would lose a laptop that documented some of his criminal activity?

I am convinced that people in power do not always do the right thing, and sometimes they pointedly do criminal things.  Rather than be a sycophant, as you appear to be, I instead insist they all be held to account. 

Since you know so much.  Please aware the group what countries bribed Biden when he was VP, how much he received, and what policies he enacted that benefited said country that bribed him. You know, actual evidence that's needed?

And please stop with the Steele Dossier.  It's not relevant to this and was investigated through the proper channels.  Just like this nothingburger is.

13 minutes ago, RLLD said:

As are other nations.  Which is why I insist that they all be equally watching and/or investigated.  ^_^

Odd that you’d whine about the media accurately calling this out as political interference then. 🤔 

Just now, Raven Fan said:

Since you know so much.  Please aware the group what countries bribed Biden when he was VP, how much he received, and what policies he enacted that benefited said country that bribed him. You know, actual evidence that's needed?

And please stop with the Steele Dossier.  It's not relevant to this and was investigated through the proper channels.  Just like this nothingburger is.

That is the purpose of the investigation.  You may be anticipating that Republicans will abuse the tool as the Democrats did, but so far they have not....and are investigating rather than simply weaponizing.  Will that stay true? I do have some doubts, after all they are still politicians.....so it is reasonable to postulate that they could cross that line as the Democrats did, and when that happens perhaps you an I can be in lock step since the situation will then feed your bias.

I will not stop with the Dossier, it remains emblematic of the abuses we know the left is inclined to leverage, and we should stand up vocally oppose it

• Haha 1

Just now, MDC said:

Odd that you’d whine about the media accurately calling this out as political interference then. 🤔 

Please elaborate.

On 6/2/2023 at 3:29 PM, BufordT said:

Trump = ratings

Didn’t he shitt himself in front of the Pope a few years ago?  That was classic. 😆

26 minutes ago, RLLD said:

That is the purpose of the investigation.  You may be anticipating that Republicans will abuse the tool as the Democrats did, but so far they have not....and are investigating rather than simply weaponizing.  Will that stay true? I do have some doubts, after all they are still politicians.....so it is reasonable to postulate that they could cross that line as the Democrats did, and when that happens perhaps you an I can be in lock step since the situation will then feed your bias.

I will not stop with the Dossier, it remains emblematic of the abuses we know the left is inclined to leverage, and we should stand up vocally oppose it

You speak with certainty that Biden took bribes.  Yet you can't provide a single relevant detail?

Interesting...

And no, the Trump investigation was led by a republican and started by republicans.  It was investigated and the results made public.  If I'd have said "I know Trump is a Russian asset!" like you claim Biden took bribes, with ZERO proof, you'd complain as well.

Your blatant partisanship is painful to observe.  You claim Biden took bribes.  Yet you have zero proof other than what you hear in the alt right media that's so far gone it won't even be used in any of the many hearings held to date.

SAD

1 minute ago, Raven Fan said:

You speak with certainty that Biden took bribes.  Yet you can't provide a single relevant detail?

Interesting...

And no, the Trump investigation was led by a republican and started by republicans.  It was investigated and the results made public.  If I'd have said "I know Trump is a Russian asset!" like you claim Biden took bribes, with ZERO proof, you'd complain as well.

Your blatant partisanship is painful to observe.  You claim Biden took bribes.  Yet you have zero proof other than what you hear in the alt right media that's so far gone it won't even be used in any of the many hearings held to date.

SAD

what?

Son of a bich, they fired him. 

12 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

Interesting...

SAD

Often investigations are initiated with incomplete evidence, this is normal and natural. To suggest that we should not act on available evidence because it does not contain everything we demand in order to convict....is.....perhaps not the best idea.

Instead, we proceed with the investigation.  As was done to Trump, and this is a good thing. People in power need to be held to account.

Your position on this exposes your bias. I, however, hold the same position regardless of political party.  This is what differentiates you and I

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Often investigations are initiated with incomplete evidence, this is normal and natural. To suggest that we should not act on available evidence because it does not contain everything we demand in order to convict....is.....perhaps not the best idea.

Instead, we proceed with the investigation.  As was done to Trump, and this is a good thing. People in power need to be held to account.

Your position on this exposes your bias. I, however, hold the same position regardless of political party.  This is what differentiates you and I

No.  You claim Biden took bribes.  No actual evidence as of yet.

I never claimed Trump was a Russian asset.

THAT's the difference between you and me my friend.  Well that plus almost all of your posts include some type of slur on liberals and democrats.  But blind partisans usually don't know they're blind partisans so I won't focus on that one. 

24 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

No.  You claim Biden took bribes.  No actual evidence as of yet.

I never claimed Trump was a Russian asset.

THAT's the difference between you and me my friend.  Well that plus almost all of your posts include some type of slur on liberals and democrats.  But blind partisans usually don't know they're blind partisans so I won't focus on that one. 

I do think Biden took bribes, and that is why I think that an investigation is warranted/  You should as well.  Rather than defend him to serve your political bias, you should insist that power be closely watched and investigated.  Why is it that I can support it for Trump and Biden, but you seek to defend one of them? Why defend power?

No sir, the difference between you and I is that I remain philosophically honest, irrespective of who is involved. 

It might be true that the inclination, for now, of Liberals to embrace misconduct finds me calling them out more often. But I also call out the other bad actors where they arise.

You serve your political masters well, I leave that to you. I would prefer that all be held to account.

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I do think Biden took bribes, and that is why I think that an investigation is warranted/  You should as well.  Rather than defend him to serve your political bias, you should insist that power be closely watched and investigated.  Why is it that I cannot support it for Trump and Biden, but you seek to defend one of them? Why defend power?

No sir, the difference between you and I is that I remain philosophically honest, irrespective of who is involved. 

It might be true that the inclination, for now, of Liberals to embrace misconduct finds me calling them out more often. But I also call out the other bad actors where they arise.

You serve your political masters well, I leave that to you. I would prefer that all be held to account.

You say with 100% certainty that Biden took bribes.  How do you arrive at this conclusion yet also say you want there to be investigations?

I, unlike you, am consistent.  Innocent until proven guilty.  If he's investigated and took bribes, lock him up.

You've convicted him based on ZERO actual evidence.  But of course your partisanship won't allow you to admit that.

It's fine.  You're like a lot of people in this country. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

You say with 100% certainty that Biden took bribes.  How do you arrive at this conclusion yet also say you want there to be investigations?

I, unlike you, am consistent.  Innocent until proven guilty.  If he's investigated and took bribes, lock him up.

You've convicted him based on ZERO actual evidence.  But of course your partisanship won't allow you to admit that.

I am certain.  Were I not certain I would then OPPOSE an investigation.  But, given the available information I am confident there was malfeasance.  This notion that we should investigate people without being sure something was done wrong is not how we should be behaving, I would encourage you to reconsider that position.

I have remained consistent, as have you. But our consistency is differentiated by my position to hold both and all accountable, whilst you remain a sycophant's to a political party.....consistently...

There is no conviction, you are projecting. Just because liberals convict others in the manner you propose, does not mean that rational people do as well.  Conviction will only transpire when it can be proven. 

Unfortunately, your behaviors are not unique.  Your position is malleable based on who is involved.  I discourage you from doing this.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

Throughout this discussion you have conflated evidence and proof.  There is evidence through the emails that Biden may have taken bribes.  That leads to an investigation, which is where we are now.  If Biden is found guilty, we can conclude some of the evidence is proof.

Where you show your stripes is your indignance at even doing the investigation.  

HTH

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Throughout this discussion you have conflated evidence and proof.  There is evidence through the emails that Biden may have taken bribes.  That leads to an investigation, which is where we are now.  If Biden is found guilty, we can conclude some of the evidence is proof.

HTH

I'm betting he already knows this. 

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

HTH

Where have I said they shouldn't investigate?  I literally said they should and lock him up if he's guilty.

RLLD on the other hand states with certainty that Biden took bribes.  That is simply not knowable given the information we know about right now.  In fact, the bungling House Rs won't even say themselves they have evidence that Biden took bribes.  But RLLD states with 100% certainty that Biden is guilty of taking bribes.

That my friend is partisanship to the extreme.

I on the other hand welcome any investigations.  I simply won't say with certainty one way or the other without you know seeing actual evidence. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

Where have I said they shouldn't investigate?  I literally said they should and lock him up if he's guilty.

RLLD on the other hand states with certainty that Biden took bribes.  That is simply not knowable given the information we know about right now.  In fact, the bungling House Rs won't even say themselves they have evidence that Biden took bribes.  But RLLD states with 100% certainty that Biden is guilty of taking bribes.

That my friend is partisanship to the extreme.

I on the other hand welcome any investigations.  I simply won't say with certainty one way or the other without you know seeing actual evidence. 

Incorrect.  And your position is rather sinister.  I would really not suggest you support investigations where there is nothing present to suggest an investigation is warranted.  That is dark stuff my friend.

• Sad 1