RLLD

Media Bias

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

It was before the interview, so it was preemptive.  To her credit, KJP didn't quite bite.  The last paragraph below seems to be saying "we can't really do anything, but good on you for bringing it to the attention of the people!"

I don’t really see an issue here. 

If people want to cry about the Wash Post not holding Kamala or Biden to the same standard that is fine.

5 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I don’t really see an issue here. 

If people want to cry about the Wash Post not holding Kamala or Biden to the same standard that is fine.

Well, the title of this thread is "Media Bias," so the issue I'm pointing out here is WaPo's bias.  :dunno: 

Democracy Dies in Darkness.  :thumbsup: 

• Thanks 1

Just now, jerryskids said:

Well, the title of this thread is "Media Bias," so the issue I'm pointing out here is WaPo's bias.  :dunno: 

Democracy Dies in Darkness.  :thumbsup: 

I’d put their bias significantly less so than the outfit you linked from. 🤷‍♂️

But, sure I wouldn’t call WaPo right down the middle 🙌

15 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I’d put their bias significantly less so than the outfit you linked from. 🤷‍♂️

But, sure I wouldn’t call WaPo right down the middle 🙌

The words I posted are a transcript from the video you didn't watch.  

Regardless, feel free to post examples of a Fox News reporter asking Team Trump back in 2020 if they should censor Biden interviews.  :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The words I posted are a transcript from the video you didn't watch.  

Regardless, feel free to post examples of a Fox News reporter asking Team Trump back in 2020 if they should censor Biden interviews.  :thumbsup:

Spend a day watching their opinion shows or peruse their website. If you don’t see that Fox has strong bias I’m not sure what to say.

Can’t find one negative story about Kamala in the MSM since her coronation.  She’s that good.  

23 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Spend a day watching their opinion shows or peruse their website. If you don’t see that Fox has strong bias I’m not sure what to say.

It's kinda funny that the response from the Left that the MSM machine is in their pocket, is to say "wutabout Fox$#@!"  Like, one network evens out ABC, CBS, NBC, associated affiliates, NYT, LAT, WaPo, AP, tons more.

I mean seriously, you seem like a smart guy.  Do you think Harris suddenly became the best of Obama, Clinton, and Reagan?  Her team won't even let her talk to anyone off teleprompter.

30 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

It's kinda funny that the response from the Left that the MSM machine is in their pocket, is to say "wutabout Fox$#@!"  Like, one network evens out ABC, CBS, NBC, associated affiliates, NYT, LAT, WaPo, AP, tons more.

I mean seriously, you seem like a smart guy.  Do you think Harris suddenly became the best of Obama, Clinton, and Reagan?  Her team won't even let her talk to anyone off teleprompter.

My point is there is plenty of media that is conservative. If one only watches Fox or reads their website they are more than capable of getting their fill of what I would call hack material. They are considerably bias. Much more so than ABC, CBS, CNN. They are basically MSNBC with like 5 times the viewers.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with this people just need to be aware of what they are consuming. 

Murdoch carved himself out quite a niche. Very smart by him. He also has Wall Street journal which is a good source but wouldn’t be confused as liberal leaning and NY Post which is a less good source but leans conservative. 

To why Kamala isn’t doing interviews, I’d say whatever she is doing is working foremost. She’s swung percentages something like 7-8% in multiple states. She also has just taken this gig over and is doing all this on the fly. I’d expect interviews to start coming after the message is laid at the Convention and for them to be heavily orchestrated. Thats what I would do if I were her team.

It’s fair to be critical of this. If you watch Fox is literally mentioned every 10 minutes 😉

16 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

My point is there is plenty of media that is conservative. If one only watches Fox or reads their website they are more than capable of getting their fill of what I would call hack material. They are considerably bias. Much more so than ABC, CBS, CNN. They are basically MSNBC with like 5 times the viewers.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with this people just need to be aware of what they are consuming. 

Murdoch carved himself out quite a niche. Very smart by him. He also has Wall Street journal which is a good source but wouldn’t be confused as liberal leaning and NY Post which is a less good source but leans conservative. 

To why Kamala isn’t doing interviews, I’d say whatever she is doing is working foremost. She’s swing percentages something like 7-8% in multiple states. She also has just taken this gig over and is doing all this on the fly. I’d expect interviews to start coming after the message is laid at the Convention and heavily orchestrated. Thats what I would do if I were her team.

It’s fair to be critical of this. If you watch Fox is literally mentioned every 10 minutes 😉

The problem with your analysis is that you say "there is some on the left, there is some on the right, it's the same!"  But it isn't.

"Plenty of media" on the right is Fox, maybe the NY Post, then far right sites. And I showed long ago that CNN is as left as Fox is right, Colbert's audience knows it, you don't yet though.  Similar with the other "major" networks.  You see, there is this large swath of people in the middle that don't seek out far right or far left media.  They think that watching a "major" network is centrist.  They've been trained, like you, to equate Fox with MSNBC.  But CBS?  ABC?  NBC?  Centrist!  NYT, WaPo?  Centrist! Thing is, they aren't, not even close.  

So, regular John and Jane Doe checking in on news saw a month ago how Trump's proposal to not tax tips will cause a huge tax reduction.  If they tune in this week, they see how a bold proposal by Saint Kamala will reduce taxes for hardworking service industry people.  They won't hear how Harris was the deciding vote on the Inflation Increase Act, which specifically targeted service people to collect tip taxes.

HTH

19 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The problem with your analysis is that you say "there is some on the left, there is some on the right, it's the same!"  But it isn't.

"Plenty of media" on the right is Fox, maybe the NY Post, then far right sites. And I showed long ago that CNN is as left as Fox is right, Colbert's audience knows it, you don't yet though.  Similar with the other "major" networks.  You see, there is this large swath of people in the middle that don't seek out far right or far left media.  They think that watching a "major" network is centrist.  They've been trained, like you, to equate Fox with MSNBC.  But CBS?  ABC?  NBC?  Centrist!  NYT, WaPo?  Centrist! Thing is, they aren't, not even close.  

So, regular John and Jane Doe checking in on news saw a month ago how Trump's proposal to not tax tips will cause a huge tax reduction.  If they tune in this week, they see how a bold proposal by Saint Kamala will reduce taxes for hardworking service industry people.  They won't hear how Harris was the deciding vote on the Inflation Increase Act, which specifically targeted service people to collect tip taxes.

HTH

I disagree with this. Fox is considerably more bias than ABC, CNN, CBS. They are MSNBC. Their coverage is laughably bias at times - as is MSNBC. I will watch both these networks while keeping it in perspective. 

I would also add Trump is a different animal in terms of politicians. His amount of lies and complete bullshittery are next level and at times this is done on by design. It makes covering him especially difficult. Would you agree? 

In any case FOX is MSM they have the similar numbers of viewers if you add up all these other cable news networks. People are seeking out what they want to watch and they are certainly receiving bias coverage. 

In your example of Trump and not taxing tips are you saying this wasn’t covered by the left. I’m certain that isn’t right. The coverage I am seeing of this proposal is tied to him, and now Kamala, and most opinion pieces seem to say it is not a good idea.

• Haha 3

NYT blames Venezuelan collapse on "brutal capitalism."  Not a Leftie hack paper.  :lol: 

• Haha 1

In the last few decades the MSM has moved from being journalist to being activists.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, jonnyutah said:

Trump proposes no taxes on tips=bad

Kamala steals idea and it becomes good. 

She also is supporting fracking and building the wall. Trump was called the racist when he wanted to build the wall, is Kamala racist too.