JustinCharge

Fears of a second civil war grow among democrat & republican pundits

58 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Sad. Watching people that normally seem to be decent, normal American citizens demonize each other over what is mostly imaginary transgressions amplified infinitely by the cancers of social media and politically biased national/ corporate media. Now everyone needs to be a radical zealot for one team or the other.

I reject it all. This is the USA godammit. We're better than this. Or we should be.

the shocking thing is that it took 70 years.  most people thought the us was going to go to hell in the 1960s.

Amazon reports that the top-selling book on its platform is 1984.

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-books-Amazon/zgbs/books

https://justthenews.com/nation/culture/big-tech-muffles-conservative-voices-dystopian-novel-1984-top-selling-book-amazon

Reviewers on Amazon drew parallels between the book's plot and current events in the United States.

"Born and living in communist Romania I went through the same ordeal described in 1987," wrote Constantin Turculet, who is listed as making a verified purchase. "After 40 years I managed to escape to America, only to find after 35 years of living in freedom that this country is pushed toward the same horror scenario I thought mankind will never forget."

Another verified buyer, Jordan Edwards, noted that the book was well written. "Unfortunately it seems like the Left is using it for their playbook right now," Edwards wrote. "Scary."

12 hours ago, Rusty Syringes said:

God forbid anyone get called or go by a nickname around here.

🤣

This place obviously isnt woke enough for you.  You should pull a Deshaun Watson and demand a trade to antifaboys.  Maybe we can get back a chewed up nerf football.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fnord said:

Sad. Watching people that normally seem to be decent, normal American citizens demonize each other over what is mostly imaginary transgressions amplified infinitely by the cancers of social media and politically biased national/ corporate media. Now everyone needs to be a radical zealot for one team or the other.

I reject it all. This is the USA godammit. We're better than this. Or we should be.

Sorry, I wish it weren’t this way. We were intentionally divided , it is what it is. 

7 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Amazon reports that the top-selling book on its platform is 1984.

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-books-Amazon/zgbs/books

https://justthenews.com/nation/culture/big-tech-muffles-conservative-voices-dystopian-novel-1984-top-selling-book-amazon

Reviewers on Amazon drew parallels between the book's plot and current events in the United States.

"Born and living in communist Romania I went through the same ordeal described in 1987," wrote Constantin Turculet, who is listed as making a verified purchase. "After 40 years I managed to escape to America, only to find after 35 years of living in freedom that this country is pushed toward the same horror scenario I thought mankind will never forget."

Another verified buyer, Jordan Edwards, noted that the book was well written. "Unfortunately it seems like the Left is using it for their playbook right now," Edwards wrote. "Scary."

It is awesome that the fascists have found a new platform with Parler gone. :lol: 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

the shocking thing is that it took 70 years.  most people thought the us was going to go to hell in the 1960s.

I’m sure most people thought the US was going to hell in the early 30s too.

This to shall pass. 

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I’m sure most people thought the US was going to hell in the early 30s too.

This to shall pass. 

Maybe we can have another world war to get us back on track. 

29 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No big deal.  We'll just tell everyone we've been through many.  That too will pass.

10 hours ago, Fnord said:

Agreed, but the public wants it because they keep voting for the same Democrats who are pushing this.  Nothing much I can do otherwise.

23 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

No big deal.  We'll just tell everyone we've been through many.  That too will pass.

Too bad this country is full of Cucks that would vote for people that hate them and don’t even hide it. 

52 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, next Wednesday we'll have the right guy and woman in place to make that happen.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Well, next Wednesday we'll have the right guy and woman in place to make that happen.

Well, they told white males they are the problem and many of them still voted for them, so maybe they can tell them to go to fight in a war and they’ll do that too. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, they told white males they are the problem and many of them still voted for them, so maybe they can tell them to go to fight in a war and they’ll do that too. 

HA!  Good luck with that.  Like all liberals, they'll want someone else to do that.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Hell hath no fury like a lib scorned.

Other than the fact there isn't a lib around that could beat their way out of a wet paper bag. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Do you prefer to piss and moan about everything?  I prefer to stay optimistic and keep moving forward.  All you clowns do is complain all day about how nothing is the way you want it to be.

32 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Too bad this country is full of Cucks that would vote for people that hate them and don’t even hide it. 

You think Trump cares about you? :lol:

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Do you prefer to piss and moan about everything?  I prefer to stay optimistic and keep moving forward.  All you clowns do is complain all day about how nothing is the way you want it to be.

Well, some of us didn’t get it handed to us. We have to worry about the way things are.  Nobody declared us winners at birth. You’re ok, so don’t worry about things. I get it. 

• Sad 1

Just now, GutterBoy said:

You think Trump cares about you? :lol:

Not more than he cares about himself. At least he doesn’t hate me like the Biden administration does. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, some of us didn’t get it handed to us. We have to worry about the way things are.  Nobody declared us winners at birth. You’re ok, so don’t worry about things. I get it. 

No you don't have to worry about.   Stop worrying about things you can't change.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

No you don't have to worry about.   Stop worrying about things you can't change.

Biden just said the other day black owned businesses are the priority for Covid relief. Sorry, that’s worrisome. If you don’t think so that’s fine. Convince me it’s not, or it’s right. Nancy Pelosi just said that Trump voters “chose their whiteness” over Democracy. Convince me that’s right or nothing to be worried about.  Or we aren’t divided.  

Biden just said the other day black owned businesses are the priority for Covid relief. Sorry, that’s worrisome. If you don’t think so that’s fine. Convince me it’s not, or it’s right. Nancy Pelosi just said that Trump voters “chose their whiteness” over Democracy. Convince me that’s right or nothing to be worried about.  

It's all talk dude, that's what they do.  The day Biden tries to prioritize covid relief based on race the ACLU will be all over him.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Why didn't they bring their guns?  Scared?  :lol:

Hey let's show up and try and take over the capitol with no weapons!  Whose idea was that?  a bunch of teenage boys?

But hey, at least they can shovel their own snow, right?  They are all talk when it comes to a revolution, but when the flakes start falling, then it's on.

If not for the violence, especially against the cops, I would feel sorry for those people. They feel they were robbed, and I agree, but they were given false hope that something could be done about it. Trump providing that false hope is the biggest screw up of his presidency.  

If not for the violence, especially against the cops, I would feel sorry for those people. They feel they were robbed, and I agree, but they were given false hope that something could be done about it. Trump providing that false hope is the biggest screw up of his presidency.  

I don't know about biggest, but it's a fitting end.  They were al brainwashed thinking it was gonna be something great, but they had no clue what they were doing.  It's actually symbolic of Trump's whole presidency.  It's a great ending to the movie.

1 minute ago, Rusty Syringes said:

It's going to be lovely fun to watch you maniacally froth at the mouth over the next few years after the Democrat-dominated House, Senate and presidency pass one face-melting piece of legislation after another. 

:first:

So you’re going to like it because it owns the Trump people? Brilliant. 

• Like 1

Just now, GutterBoy said:

I don't know about biggest, but it's a fitting end.  They were al brainwashed thinking it was gonna be something great, but they had no clue what they were doing.  It's actually symbolic of Trump's whole presidency.  It's a great ending to the movie.

Well, I’m not going to sit here and let you say he did nothing good. He did plenty of good things. It’s undeniable. There was good and bad. Much more good than he will get credit for. 

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

It's all talk dude, that's what they do.  The day Biden tries to prioritize covid relief based on race the ACLU will be all over him.

You can’t really believe that. So the ACLU, owned by Soros, is going to let it happen and then do something? Keep dreaming. 

9 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Agreed, but the public wants it because they keep voting for the same Democrats who are pushing this.  Nothing much I can do otherwise.

BS. This is up to all of us. Every nationality, religion and political stripe is at fault here. You and I are both at fault. We can't count on our "Leaders" to do it for us. Stop engaging in rhetoric like this, stop listening to and watching hopelessly biased sources of "news", start treating each other with the respect we wish to be afforded. It's that simple. And stay the fuk away from social media. Except of course for lightly trafficked FF boards.

When you've got guys like Riversco that seem more likely to align with a foreign aggressor than his own countrymen because of a bunch of rhetoric and lies, that's a big problem. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Fnord said:

BS. This is up to all of us. Every nationality, religion and political stripe is at fault here. You and I are both at fault. We can't count on our "Leaders" to do it for us. Stop engaging in rhetoric like this, stop listening to and watching hopelessly biased sources of "news", start treating each other with the respect we wish to be afforded. It's that simple. And stay the fuk away from social media. Except of course for lightly trafficked FF boards.

When you've got guys like Riversco that seem more likely to align with a foreign aggressor than his own countrymen because of a bunch of rhetoric and lies, that's a big problem. 

But we can count on the ACLU? And what part of civil liberties is Covid relief? You don’t have a right to it.  

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But we can count on the ACLU? And what part of civil liberties is Covid relief? You don’t have a right to it.  

Are you having a conversation with yourself again?

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Are you having a conversation with yourself again?

I guess so. Usually happens when I  raise a question or point that someone doesn’t want to answer. 

22 hours ago, Fnord said:

One thing I’ll say about my Facebook in particular, is that while I have a few friends who like to share crazy right wing conspiracy links, it’s only my liberal friends that wrote things like “if you vote for Trump I want you out of my life, even if you’re family.”   Saw that probably at least 5 times leading up to the election.    While most of my conservative friends will still argue with them, at the end of the day they don’t really care what other people’s political leanings are.

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

One thing I’ll say about my Facebook in particular, is that while I have a few friends who like to share crazy right wing conspiracy links, it’s only my liberal friends that wrote things like “if you vote for Trump I want you out of my life, even if you’re family.”   Saw that probably at least 5 times leading up to the election.    While most of my conservative friends will still argue with them, at the end of the day they don’t really care what other people’s political leanings are.

Same here. My right wing friends share all the crazy conspiracy theories and my left wing friends are separating themselves from anyone who doesn’t agree with them. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Same here. My right wing friends share all the crazy conspiracy theories and my left wing friends are separating themselves from anyone who doesn’t agree with them. 

I have a bunch that left FB a couple of months ago and went to Parler. 

Too many people hurt by ideology and a total lack of understanding that people can disagree about things and still be friends.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I guess so. Usually happens when I  raise a question or point that someone doesn’t want to answer. 

I'll happily answer a question, but what you posted in response to me was gibberish. Rephrase it in a manner that is understandable and we can keep slapping away at each other. Or maybe find some common ground, you never know.

12 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Bump

As a reminder, in the event of a civil war, just about everyone here will get made eligible for the draft or get conscripted.  A civil war would be on the level of WW2 for Americans since the theater is North America.  Before Pearl Harbor, Roosevelt instituted a draft where all men between 21 and 35 had to register.  After Pearl Harbor, they changed it from 18 to 64.  And that was without any battles inside the lower 48.  Women are not eligible for the draft but the military really wants to make that happen, too.

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

As a reminder, in the event of a civil war, just about everyone here will get made eligible for the draft or get conscripted.  A civil war would be on the level of WW2 for Americans since the theater is North America.  Before Pearl Harbor, Roosevelt instituted a draft where all men between 21 and 35 had to register.  After Pearl Harbor, they changed it from 18 to 64.  And that was without any battles inside the lower 48.  Women are not eligible for the draft but the military really wants to make that happen, too.

T's and P's for your ineligibility.

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

So then I presume only registered democrats and republicans would get drafted right?

14 hours ago, Fnord said:

There's BS is here, a lot of it, but you did say one thing which I agree with.  "We can't count on our "Leaders" to do it for us."  Every conservative believes this.  It's why we vote Republican.  It's to limit the extent/power of our "Leaders".  It proves the rest of your statement is BS.  It's not our fault... it's yours.  When you vote Democrat you're voting for more power for our "Leaders".  You're voting more 'hopelessly biased sources of "news"'.  You're voting for "rhetoric like this".  YOU are the problem.  Not me.

Do you really think that Democrats give a darn about black people?  I mean, actually really care?  If you do, then you're an idiot.  Democrats win elections because of one group.  Black people.  That's it.  There is absolutely no other reason Democrats win.  There's no incentive to help black people.  There's every incentive to pretend that the Republican's are the bad guy.  Black people were gaining more prosperity under Trump than ever before.  The prison reform (which basically undid Joe Biden's Crime Bill), higher employment rate, and higher wages based on a strong economy that Trump put in place gave black people a lot of hope.  That's why the Dems and their 'hopelessly biased sources of "news"', pushed so hard against this social justice BS this year.  Did you notice that all of those "peaceful protests" happened in Democrat monopolized major cities?  No Republican's put those policies in place.  Democrats did.  Nothing will change in those cities until black people start calling them out for it and vote Republican.

Here's an interesting tidbit for you.  Every year, more and more black people are voting Republican.  After Obama won his first election, the percentage of black people voting Democrat has gone down and those voting Republican has gone up... even this year.  With this massive push to tell black people that they are victims and how evil Trump is, black people still said "F' you", and voted for Trump.  The Democrat party is getting whiter by indoctrinating the younger generations.  Really, this is how it works.  Most people align with Democrat policies and principles when they're younger and get more conservative as they get older.  But now, they're using social media to get a bigger reach.  The funny thing is, they're reaching white people and pushing away the black people.  The sad thing is, it's a slow process.  It's slow because black people in the major cities are still voting Democrat.  More and more of the black people in the suburbs are the ones voting Republican.  In time though, I have faith that black people will realize that the Democrats are full of crap and just give them the middle finger and make a permanent switch.

Riversco, while a little more nuts than the rest of us, is not aligning with foreign aggressors, he's warning people of what could come based on the direction our country is moving.  He's not the problem.  The problem is people like you who condemn a President who's trying to work with foreign powers and trying to prevent them from gaining influence in this country.  Then, you vote for someone who will help those foreign powers and praise him for it.  THEN, you have the nerve to blame conservatives and people like Riversco for being the root of the problem.  NO!  YOU and people like YOU, are in fact, THE PROBLEM!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2