IGotWorms

Horror films superthread

5 hours ago, MDC said:

Oh dude, watch it immediately. It was made for sick bastards. 😂 

I found myself talking to the TV during this one.  You'll know the scene in question when you see it.  Definitely a no focking way moment!  :lol:

34 minutes ago, DonS said:

I found myself talking to the TV during this one.  You'll know the scene in question when you see it.  Definitely a no focking way moment!  :lol:

I laughed throughout most of it. My wife was like “Wtf is wrong with you?” :lol: 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, MDC said:

I laughed throughout most of it. My wife was like “Wtf is wrong with you?” :lol: 

You mean that one scene didn't make her horny??? 

14 hours ago, posty said:

I forgot that I had watched "The Platform" and "Climax"...  Different for sure...

"The Platform" had an interesting premise.  Never heard of "Climax" and I'm worried what kind of search results I'll get.  :lol:

Ever see the "Cube" movies? 

6 hours ago, DonS said:

"The Platform" had an interesting premise.  Never heard of "Climax" and I'm worried what kind of search results I'll get.  :lol:

Ever see the "Cube" movies? 

LOL...  Just do "Climax movie" in Google...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8359848/

It isn't really a horror movie per se, this is what IMDB says...

"French dancers gather in a remote, empty school building to rehearse on a wintry night. The all-night celebration morphs into a hallucinatory nightmare when they learn their sangria is laced with LSD."

There is a lot of dancing scenes, which I did skip, but the other parts were decent-ish...  It might be one of those movies, where it doesn't get finished...  To be honest, there were some times that I was going to pull the plug, but stuck with it once the long take and LSD reactions happened... Plus I thought this little nugget was interesting...

"The film is notable for its unorthodox production, having been conceived and pre-produced in four weeks and shot in chronological order in only 15 days: although Noé conceived the premise, the bulk of the film was unrehearsed on-the-spot improvisation by the cast, who were provided no lines of dialogue beforehand and had almost complete liberty as to where to take the story and characters. Climax features unusual editing and cinematography choices, and includes several long takes, including one lasting over 42 minutes."

Watched "Fall" last night...  I almost aborted when I saw Jeffrey Dean Morgan show up, but I figured he would have a very minor role...

Wasn't too bad...  I am afraid of heights, but I never felt like I was going to get sick or anything like the article I posted...

Watched Sadness last night.  Solid.

What's worse than zombies?  Fast zombies.

What's worse that fast zombies?  Fast and smart zombies.

What's worse than fast, smart zombies?  Fast, smart and sadistic maniac zombies!

Did everyone notice the gunfire at the end?  I was saying to myself, they are just going to shoot her when she walks out on to the roof.  The doctor never told them he had someone that was immune.  The zombie boyfriend took some pleasure in that.

They missed out by not showing the shower scene.  WTF?

Also, my favorite horror weapon, the hand scythe.  Although it wasn't used very much.  I have 30 or so different ones hanging in my garage.  I don't have a Chinese one like that, closest one I have to that is a hops scythe. 

I think Event Horizon was a good one, more of a psychological thriller I guess.  And of course, the Human Centipede....

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think Event Horizon was a good one, more of a psychological thriller I guess.  And of course, the Human Centipede....

FEED HER!!!!!!!!!! 

That movie won an Oscar for best screenplay, right? 

20 minutes ago, DonS said:

FEED HER!!!!!!!!!! 

That movie won an Oscar for best screenplay, right? 

:dunno:

On 4/17/2023 at 5:26 PM, MDC said:

Never even heard of these but thanks for posting. :thumbsup: 

This is my favorite podcast for horror movies, if you’re interested:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/colors-of-the-dark/id1461769024

Great podcast, and Eldric is also on the Pure Cinema Podcast.    Look into any horror related episodes from them and they usually get pretty deep with recs, and I have watched some of them and had a blast.     My favorites are the ones they do each year where they plan a horror all-nighter.  

23 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Great podcast, and Eldric is also on the Pure Cinema Podcast.    Look into any horror related episodes from them and they usually get pretty deep with recs, and I have watched some of them and had a blast.     My favorites are the ones they do each year where they plan a horror all-nighter.  

I loved Shockwaves and Colors of the Dark is my favorite movie pod - must listen every time it updates. :thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, MDC said:

I loved Shockwaves and Colors of the Dark is my favorite movie pod - must listen every time it updates. :thumbsup: 

Damn.  Wish I had known about these podcasts this morning.  I would've given them a listen while on a 3.5 hr drive. 

On 4/19/2023 at 6:46 PM, MDC said:

I like Pure Cinema more, and things like Cine-Files and others.   

One of my favorite horror ones is Evolution of Horror.  It's a British podcast, and each season they do a deep dive into a topic.  Right now it's Home Invasion.  They start old, then talk about a couple movies a week.  They've done Aliens, occult, body & mind, etc.   They have a similar pod for sci-fi as well. 

1 hour ago, BuckSwope said:

I like Pure Cinema more, and things like Cine-Files and others.   

One of my favorite horror ones is Evolution of Horror.  It's a British podcast, and each season they do a deep dive into a topic.  Right now it's Home Invasion.  They start old, then talk about a couple movies a week.  They've done Aliens, occult, body & mind, etc.   They have a similar pod for sci-fi as well. 

I haven’t checked out Pure Cinema or Cine-Filed but I will - thanks.

I love Evolution of Horror. My son digs it too, we went through the entire aliens and vampires series last year. I’m less interested in the current season but it’s a great pod. 👍🏻 

9 hours ago, MDC said:

I haven’t checked out Pure Cinema or Cine-Filed but I will - thanks.

I love Evolution of Horror. My son digs it too, we went through the entire aliens and vampires series last year. I’m less interested in the current season but it’s a great pod. 👍🏻 

Neither of the first 2 are horror-only, just so I'm clear.  Pure Cinema do more themes and top 5s and Cine-Files does a movie at a time. 

6 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Neither of the first 2 are horror-only, just so I'm clear.  Pure Cinema do more themes and top 5s and Cine-Files does a movie at a time. 

I’m a huge movie fan in general, old new most genres.

55 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m a huge movie fan in general, old new most genres.

Unless the movie is titled "Megan is Missing"...

;)

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Yes, that is the movie

Cool.  I'll check it out. 

On 4/22/2023 at 6:29 PM, Cloaca du jour said:

Yes, that is the movie

Just watched it.  Not what I was expecting at all. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Just watched it.  Not what I was expecting at all. :thumbsup:

Yeah...crazy imho

I hear Nefarious is pretty good. 97% audience score on RT. Of course, it’s 31% critic score cause they claim it’s “a Christian and conservative propaganda piece” because it has positive views on Christianity. That’s the only reason they hate it. Meanwhile, Evil Dead Rise has shirts on there saying “eat the rich”, one of the girls is going to a protest, they condemn religion and act like it’s a big evil thing, etc. THAT they’re ok with 

1 hour ago, BillyKing said:

I hear Nefarious is pretty good. 97% audience score on RT. Of course, it’s 31% critic score cause they claim it’s “a Christian and conservative propaganda piece” because it has positive views on Christianity. That’s the only reason they hate it. Meanwhile, Evil Dead Rise has shirts on there saying “eat the rich”, one of the girls is going to a protest, they condemn religion and act like it’s a big evil thing, etc. THAT they’re ok with 

Going to see Evil Dead Rise next week … can’t wait. Huge fan of the franchise, heard this one is great. :banana: 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Going to see Evil Dead Rise next week … can’t wait. Huge fan of the franchise, heard this one is great. :banana: 

Did you watch the TV series Ash vs Evil Dead?

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Groovy! 

26 minutes ago, posty said:

Did you watch the TV series Ash vs Evil Dead?

Yes. Love the movies a little so so on the TV show.

Just now, MDC said:

Yes. Love the movies a little so so on the TV show.

Yeah felt the same on the TV show...  It wasn't too bad for sure...

I will watch Evil Dead Rise as well, but probably wait until it is on cable or streaming...

6 minutes ago, posty said:

I will watch Evil Dead Rise as well, but probably wait until it is on cable or streaming...

I’ve got some comp time I need to take next week - going to try to see a a matinee. 🍿 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MDC said:

I heard it’s good too honestly. I’m just throwing out the info. I plan on watching it as well 

4 hours ago, posty said:

You get the feeling the main girl in it slept with somebody to get the part? Always felt that for some reason. Show isn’t bad. Not amazing but a decent watch 

15 hours ago, BillyKing said:

You get the feeling the main girl in it slept with somebody to get the part? Always felt that for some reason. Show isn’t bad. Not amazing but a decent watch 

Yeah I had that feeling as well...

22 hours ago, MDC said:

I’ve got some comp time I need to take next week - going to try to see a a matinee. 🍿 

Speaking of Evil Dead movies...

I have the following picture hanging in my office.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, posty said:

Yeah I had that feeling as well...

That’s been the only time I’ve ever felt like that :lol: 

On 4/27/2023 at 1:43 PM, MDC said:

Just saw it - really meh. Lot of CGI and hamfisted callouts to the earlier movies. Wasn’t terrible but not all that good either.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Just saw it - really meh. Lot of CGI and hamfisted callouts to the earlier movies. Wasn’t terrible but not all that good either.

Bummer.  Thanks for the warning.