IGotWorms

Horror films superthread

6 minutes ago, posty said:

Will check them both out…. Thanks for the suggestions…

No problem. :cheers: 

Not horror but this was a lot of fun and really violent:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MDC said:

When Evil Lurks was my favorite horror movie from last year.

Watch out for that family dog.

Agreed it was very good.  Interesting concept as well. 

7 hours ago, posty said:

Just finished watching the Cube trilogy and the Japanese remake of the first movie…

Interesting concept though…

Cube is a movie I've watched a few times.  Low budget but such a cool concept.  I like the "WTF is going on???" type movies

Ever watch "Circle"? 

21 minutes ago, DonS said:

Watch out for that family dog.

Agreed it was very good.  Interesting concept as well. 

Ever see Terrified? It was really good.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Ever see Terrified? It was really good.

Not yet.  On the list. 

On 8/8/2024 at 4:21 PM, MDC said:

When Evil Lurks was my favorite horror movie from last year. Same directors did a movie called Terrified that was even better. Check them out. 

Just finished watching both of them...  Very good movies...

Foreign horror movies are mostly incredible, it is a shame that American horror movies don't equate to them...

Got my tickets for Alien: Romulus! Tomorrow night! Super excited, I hope it's good. 

15 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Got my tickets for Alien: Romulus! Tomorrow night! Super excited, I hope it's good. 

If you remember, let me know what you think of taking a 12 y/o to see it? My son loved Alien and Aliens. TY

30 minutes ago, MDC said:

If you remember, let me know what you think of taking a 12 y/o to see it? My son loved Alien and Aliens. TY

Those were pretty gory in some scenes; what did he think of the chest buster in Alien? 

6 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Those were pretty gory in some scenes; what did he think of the chest buster in Alien? 

Unfazed. He’s a badass like dad.

• Haha 2

Love a good horror movie.  I wrote a horror movie with my friend like 10 years ago.  He finally found an investor/producer and we are scouting locations to shoot.

7 hours ago, purdygood said:

Love a good horror movie.  I wrote a horror movie with my friend like 10 years ago.  He finally found an investor/producer and we are scouting locations to shoot.

You misspelled ghey pron 

8 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

You misspelled ghey pron 

It's a spermoff of "The Hills Have Eyes"...

"The Glory Holes Have Teeth" 

13 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

You misspelled ghey pron 

Sorry, you would know how to spell it as the expert on that subject. Thanks.

Going to see Cuckoo this afternoon.  Trailer for it before Longlegs looked interesting enough.

I'll let you all know if it's worth seeing. 

6 minutes ago, DonS said:

Going to see Cuckoo this afternoon.  Trailer for it before Longlegs looked interesting enough.

I'll let you all know if it's worth seeing. 

I’m in on this one. Director’s first movie Luz was bonkers.

On 8/14/2024 at 9:51 AM, MDC said:

Unfazed. He’s a badass like dad.

Does his mascara run when he cries like dad's? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Does his mascara run when he cries like dad's? 

Sorry TNG, the Geek Club already has a poster who says creepy things about kids. You’ll have to find a new slant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, MDC said:

Sorry TNG, the Geek Club already has a poster who says creepy things about kids. You’ll have to find a new slant.

You know I am just pulling your leg. I'll let you know about the movie, but chances are that if those didn't bother him then this one will be cool too. 

Has he seen the others? I know Covenant and Prometheus also have a few scenes that were gory. 

12 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

You know I am just pulling your leg. I'll let you know about the movie, but chances are that if those didn't bother him then this one will be cool too. 

Has he seen the others? I know Covenant and Prometheus also have a few scenes that were gory. 

I know you’re just pulling my leg. ;) 

I saw Alien 3 years ago and remember thinking it was a bore but I missed any others. I’m going to take my son to see this one but we’ll wait til the crowds die down.

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

I know you’re just pulling my leg. ;) 

I saw Alien 3 years ago and remember thinking it was a bore but I missed any others. I’m going to take my son to see this one but we’ll wait til the crowds die down.

3 isn't bad, Resurrection is the one where I am like TF did I see that for? 

Theaters around here are ALWAYS empty now. It's rare to have crowds like we used to, it's sad really 

1 minute ago, TheNewGirl said:

3 isn't bad, Resurrection is the one where I am like TF did I see that for? 

Theaters around here are ALWAYS empty now. It's rare to have crowds like we used to, it's sad really 

When I saw Longlegs it was a packed house. But it was playing at like 2 theaters in Philly and I saw it 8 PM on a Friday night. It was at least a year since I’d last seem a movie before that. Took my son to see Meg 2 last summer and caught Evil Dead Rise as a matinee. 

3 hours ago, MDC said:

I’m in on this one. Director’s first movie Luz was bonkers.

Was decent enough. 

I went to see it today as I just got back from a European vacation and am holding off getting back to work as I'm jet lagged and brain is fried.  Ironically enough it tied in nicely w our trip. Takes place in Germany, had an actor from Downton Abbey which is how we learned about Viking Cruises, and even something we learned while on trip tied in with the plot line. 

👍👍 

Alien: Romulous  

The usual - chest busters, artificial persons, face huggers, etc. Good storyline line. Not too much gore, IMO. 

MDC, if your son has seen the others he might do okay with this one, it's pretty much par for the course in terms of the Alien franchise. 

1 minute ago, TheNewGirl said:

👍👍 

The usual - chest busters, artificial persons, face huggers, etc. Good storyline line. Not too much gore, IMO. 

MDC, if your son has seen the others he might do okay with this one, it's pretty much par for the course in terms of the Alien franchise. 

Thank you! Glad you liked it.

4 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

👍👍 

The reviews I've read are positive and that it's the best since "Aliens."

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

The reviews I've read are positive and that it's the best since "Aliens."

It was really good; def better than Prometheus/Covenant. I think Ridley Scott finally listened to his fans. 

4 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

It was really good; def better than Prometheus/Covenant. I think Ridley Scott finally listened to his fans. 

I thought Alien 3 was OK but didn't care for Resurrection and Prometheus. I never saw Covenant and had low expectations for this new one, giving up long ago on them continuing to dip into the well, kind of like Star Trek dipping into the Borg well. 

On 8/8/2024 at 6:13 PM, DonS said:

Cube is a movie I've watched a few times.  Low budget but such a cool concept.  I like the "WTF is going on???" type movies

Ever watch "Circle"? 

Just finished “Circle”…. That was a really cool movie and concept…. Trying for guess whom was next was really a fun game…

17 hours ago, posty said:

Just finished “Circle”…. That was a really cool movie and concept…. Trying for guess whom was next was really a fun game…

Believe it or not. I got a half dozen "circle". And another couple "the circle". All are horror/thrillers.

Can you give me a quick plot so I can see which one it is?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Kopy said:

Believe it or not. I got a half dozen "circle". And another couple "the circle". All are horror/thrillers.

Can you give me a quick plot so I can see which one it is?

Thanks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_(2015_film)

In the film, fifty people wake up in a darkened room, only to find that one of them is killed every two minutes or when they attempt to leave. When they realize that they can control which person is selected to die, blocs emerge based on personal values.

1 hour ago, posty said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_(2015_film)

In the film, fifty people wake up in a darkened room, only to find that one of them is killed every two minutes or when they attempt to leave. When they realize that they can control which person is selected to die, blocs emerge based on personal values.

Excellent.

Thanks.

You all probably already know about this, but I just found out about it a couple of days ago...

Caught a couple of "horror" movies while on a biz trip.   Had seen previews for them and wanted to see them before any spoilers came out.

"Strange Darling" - go in as blind as possible.  I liked it though it does start kinda slow. 

"Blink Twice" - decent enough but they basically spoiled their own damn movie by including a TRIGGER WARNING at the start.  So basically they gave a heads up about something that would happen.  Story was still interesting but entire time I was just waiting for how the triggering content would come into play. :rolleyes:

Watched MaXXXine today…. Was not impressed as I think the first two movies in the trilogy were much better…

On 8/16/2024 at 11:15 AM, TheNewGirl said:

👍👍 

I really liked it and glad to read that you did also.

For whatever reason, I’m really protective of my kids watching movies with a lot of profanity.  Even though I know Jr hears it at school and I use profanity myself, I’m still like that.  Self-analysis:  I dislike my own use of profanity and hope to prevent it in him.

I thought the feel of Romulus really aligned with the first two movies.  Turns out the name Romulus is kinda stupid, though.

25 minutes ago, posty said:

Watched MaXXXine today…. Was not impressed as I think the first two movies in the trilogy were much better…

Oh, damn.  I just got done watching "Pearl" and was looking forward to Maxxine.

Thoughts on Speak No Evil?  Didn't see it mentioned here in recent posts, comes out this Friday the 13th.  Planning on going with my (adult) daughter next week -- my wife hates such movies, but she's out of town.  :cheers:

53 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Pearl was focking good

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

It is just my opinion on it…. I think I was just expecting more from it but didn’t feel like it was there, at least for me…