Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Just Found Out My Cousin Shot Himself

He did call me late before about three days ago, Did not know much at all he was that bad. He was the least person I thought would do that. Thanks all! He had a hard talking with his throat thing. Longest he stayed on the phone with me in a long time. We was talking about plans this week.

Sorry to hear BHB. I hope his kids have good heads on their shoulders. Knowing your dad did that, I'm sure is alot to process.

I'm sorry---I can't imagine if my brother shot himself, just thinking about it is horrible.  My sincere condolences. 

38 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

So, like, with a gun,?

I don't see that nugget in here...  Maybe a bow-and-arrow?

I always thought that it Bill E ever realized how many toothless sharks he left in the water to gum people to death, he'd end up shooting himself with a spear gun.

Which by the way, would be a super badass way to die.

(T&P toofless sharks).    :(

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I don't believe offing yourselves is the Ultimate sin. Rejecting the Holly Spirit is and Jesus sacrifice for us is!

Yeah, I remember rejecting the Holly Spirit one year.

Christmas just wasn't the same.

8 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

He did call me late before about three days ago, Did not know much at all he was that bad. He was the least person I thought would do that. Thanks all! He had a hard talking with his throat thing. Longest he stayed on the phone with me in a long time. We was talking about plans this week.

Sucks. Sorry

My condolences BHB.  :(

RIP Cousin

So, if I'm reading correctly, he had the longest conversation of his life with you and then shortly thereafter shot himself.

I've seen you post.

Seems reasonable.

(Jk. I'm sorry man. Two days ago was the anniversary of my brother's intentional death in 2004. And it still haunts me. I really am sorry.)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

So, if I'm reading correctly, he had the longest conversation of his life with you and then shortly thereafter shot himself.

I've seen you post.

Seems reasonable.

(Jk. I'm sorry man. Two days ago was the anniversary of my brother's intentional death in 2004. And it still haunts me. I really am sorry.)

Thanks Man and sorry for your Brothers loss. Yea cause of his throat he would only talk for about 5 minutes but stayed on for a half hour that night.

1 minute ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Thanks Man and sorry for your Brothers loss. Yea cause of his throat he would only talk for about 5 minutes but stayed on for a half hour that night.

He obviously cared for you. He sought comfort in your conversation  & contact. I know it's hard, but you should celebrate that. Be grateful for that.

I have to remind myself (& this thread helped in that regard) that my last words to my Brother were "I love you and I'm proud of you."

How many people get that chance? 

All I can tell you is most people think grief is like measles; You get it once and then you get over it and you never get it again.

Ive said from the jump that grief is like emotional herpes;  Just when you think you're never going to get it again, God damn if it doesn't show up just as brutal and awful as the first time.

Folks say that  time heals all wounds. But time is nothing more than emotional Valtrex;  The outbreaks might get further and further apart, and may not last as long. But They're still going to come.

celebrate that last conversation. Easy to fall into  Iotta Coulda Shoulda Woulda.

Fack that. It was going to happen. At least he had one good honest, easy, comforting conversation - and you were part of that. Never stop being grateful for that. Because I guarantee he was. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

He obviously cared for you. He sought comfort in your conversation  & contact. I know it's hard, but you should celebrate that. Be grateful for that.

I have to remind myself (& this thread helped in that regard) that my last words to my Brother were "I love you and I'm proud of you."

How many people get that chance? 

All I can tell you is most people think grief is like measles; You get it once and then you get over it and you never get it again.

Ive said from the jump that grief is like emotional herpes;  Just when you think you're never going to get it again, God damn if it doesn't show up just as brutal and awful as the first time.

Folks say that  time heals all wounds. But time is nothing more than emotional Valtrex;  The outbreaks might get further and further apart, and may not last as long. But They're still going to come.

celebrate that last conversation. Easy to fall into  Iotta Coulda Shoulda Woulda.

Fack that. It was going to happen. At least he had one good honest, easy, comforting conversation - and you were part of that. Never stop being grateful for that. Because I guarantee he was. 

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Where did I mention Vaccine  ?

Where did you.mention how he shot himself?

15 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Where did you.mention how he shot himself?

Dude, come on. This is the Geek Club. A tasteless joke is acceptable but just being a d!ck isn't what we do here. 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Dude, come on. This is the Geek Club. A tasteless joke is acceptable but just being a d!ck isn't what we do here. 

It’s what he does. Will never change. 

• Sad 1

Man - I'm sorry for your loss.

Forgive me if I sound like a broken record as you've probably heard it a bunch of times before, but don't let yourself get trapped in a mindset of "what could I have done differently" or "man if only I did this or that". People don't get to this point overnight and it's not something that's gonna be rolled back overnight. But moreover - and this applies for virtually any scenario where things go wrong - you and everyone else did the best they could with the information they had. You can't beat yourself up over something you had no knowledge or thought of.

People too often blame themselves after a tragedy - try not to fall into that trap. And don't bottle your emotions and feelings up - they'll come back to bite you harder later on if you do. Let yourself feel and grieve and let things out, and it'll get easier over time. The grief and pain may not go away permanently, but more often than not it does get better and won't feel overwhelming and crushing like it does earlier on when things first set in.

Make sure to keep up with the basics - eating, bathing, etc. Sometimes even basic stuff can feel difficult after something like this. I recently lost my father and I find that finding ways to be productive, or even just going for walks around town to get some headspace helps. That, and talking with people. I'm still only a week into losing my father - and with how much stuff is going on I expect the grief to get worse before it gets better. But I've lost others before, and making sure to keep living is one of those things that helps a lot.

He loved you and cared for you - as evidenced by the 30 minute conversation y'all had which sounds like it was a rare occurrence. Be grateful for that, and for the memories you had together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, haloman30 said:

Man - I'm sorry for your loss.

Forgive me if I sound like a broken record as you've probably heard it a bunch of times before, but don't let yourself get trapped in a mindset of "what could I have done differently" or "man if only I did this or that". People don't get to this point overnight and it's not something that's gonna be rolled back overnight. But moreover - and this applies for virtually any scenario where things go wrong - you and everyone else did the best they could with the information they had. You can't beat yourself up over something you had no knowledge or thought of.

People too often blame themselves after a tragedy - try not to fall into that trap. And don't bottle your emotions and feelings up - they'll come back to bite you harder later on if you do. Let yourself feel and grieve and let things out, and it'll get easier over time. The grief and pain may not go away permanently, but more often than not it does get better and won't feel overwhelming and crushing like it does earlier on when things first set in.

Make sure to keep up with the basics - eating, bathing, etc. Sometimes even basic stuff can feel difficult after something like this. I recently lost my father and I find that finding ways to be productive, or even just going for walks around town to get some headspace helps. That, and talking with people. I'm still only a week into losing my father - and with how much stuff is going on I expect the grief to get worse before it gets better. But I've lost others before, and making sure to keep living is one of those things that helps a lot.

He loved you and cared for you - as evidenced by the 30 minute conversation y'all had which sounds like it was a rare occurrence. Be grateful for that, and for the memories you had together.

Thanks Haloman and all good points and sorry for the loss of your Dad. Thank you for taking the time to post this.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 5:48 PM, Mike Isles said:

It’s what he does. Will never change. 

We need more posters like shotsup and drobeski. Good dudes with a sense of GC historical norms. 

@Mike FF Today in the name of Geek Club historical significance, can we free these gentlemen from banoration prison? Please?

Did not want to start another thread but do any geeks know why a cell phone goes beeping twice in a row all day and can't text that phone and won't go through ? I must have called him 10 times that day and just beep, beep over again. How does that work with cell phones that would do that ?

Is there a go fund me? 😐

33 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

One of my best childhood close friend just off himself the same way today I can't handle this Sh!t anymore! Focking guns and Alcohol.

Another car inspection?   :(

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Another car inspection?   :(

Sh!t like that is what triggers them and push them over the edge. My friend was job related and not his fault and won't say anymore. Both was very lonely. I also think both felt they was in so deep hole they couldn't come out from and lost all hope.