MLCKAA

On Aging: turning 48

I’ll be 48 in a month and there are a few things that are very different from a decade ago…

It’s cliché but true:  some part of my body hurts every single day.

My peemus seems to be thinning out and looking scraggly.  Fortunately, it still works just fine.

All vestiges of liberalism have disappeared— I’m fully conservative now.

I am 100% focused on retirement at 62.  Although I have 2 kids who are likely college bound, my focus has moved to retirement.

Wtf.

I’m a little ways behind you. 

I get a little arthritic and can’t read without glasses anymore. I also can’t stay up later than 12-1 even on weekends or drink like I used to. On the plus side I’m in the best shape of my adult life and my diik still works. 

Getting older beats the alternative. :dunno: 

I'm a couple years ahead of you, and yes, I can't remember the last time I woke up pain free. 

Hair grows where it didn't used to and stops growing where it should.  

The hearing goes, the eyesight goes, the memory goes...

I sleep in until 5:30 on the weekends and haven't rung in New Years in several years. 

We (mrs. 5-Points and me) don't close bars like we used to, we open them. 

Fock it. Nobody gets out alive. :cheers:

9 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I'm 46 and still go out to the Clubs.

It's Costco and Sam's but still.  

:lol:---shot right out of my nose!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I'm 46 and still go out to the Clubs.

It's Costco and Sam's but still.  

:D 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I’m a little ways behind you. 

I get a little arthritic and can’t read without glasses anymore. I also can’t stay up later than 12-1 even on weekends or drink like I used to. On the plus side I’m in the best shape of my adult life and my diik still works. 

Getting older beats the alternative. :dunno: 

Wow. You’re in the best shape of your adult life ! Considering you worked at a comic book store and used heroin that’s quite an accomplishment.  Way to go for it! 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wow. You’re in the best shape of your adult life ! Considering you worked at a comic book store and used heroin that’s quite an accomplishment.  Way to go for it! 

I like you HT, really do, you bring a lot to the bored but damn man.....this random personal attack out of the blue in a thread where you haven't even posted in yet is weird.  It's not funny, entertaining, productive, aka adds anything of value.  What it does it shows you are petty.  

Be better

That doesn't mean being nice...it means be a better a-hole.  Even us a-holes have rules and stipulations.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I like you HT, really do, you bring a lot to the bored but damn man.....this random personal attack out of the blue in a thread where you haven't even posted in yet is weird.  It's not funny, entertaining, productive, aka adds anything of value.  What it does it shows you are petty.  

Be better

That doesn't mean being nice...it means be a better a-hole.  Even us a-holes have rules and stipulations.

Only towards the one POS. Sorry, it’s not ending.  I give what I get. 

Back on thread.....My neighbors who are really nice are in their late 60's maybe 70 and when I turned 40 they told me that their 40's and 50's were the best time of their lives.  You are old enough to be respected, know exactly who you are and the wisdom to rely on.  You watch your kids grow all the way up.    Meanwhile being young enough to do pretty much anything you want.  Travel, try new things, whatever.  I thought it was great perspective.

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Back on thread.....My neighbors who are really nice are in their late 60's and when I turned 40 they told me that their 40's and 50's were the best time of their lives.  You are old enough to be respected, know exactly who you are and the wisdom to rely on.  You watch your kids grow all the way up.    Meanwhile being young enough to do pretty much anything you want.  Travel, try new things, whatever.  I thought it was great perspective.

most people lack wisdom their entire lives.

It’s a constant joke by my much younger coworker that I don’t sit or stand in or out of my chair without grunting some kind of noise. She’s right. 

9 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

It’s a constant joke by my much younger coworker that I don’t sit or stand in or out of my chair without grunting some kind of noise. She’s right. 

I make all sorts of noises now.  In and out of chairs....peeing....sleeping....the only time I don't make a noise is when I orgasm.  It more of a spit and a sigh.  

According to my notes, around age 35 you take a day or 2 longer to heal from small wounds.  Around age 50 it gets even worse where your immune system takes a big dive and infections, swelling and rashes are much easier to get.  So around age 50 you need to stay as DRY as possible or you get bed sores etc.  sleeping naked is a good way to prevent bed sores as the air dries out your skin. 

On 11/6/2021 at 8:21 PM, KSB2424 said:

Be better

The saddest part is I haven’t responded to a single post from him in years. 

Years.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

The saddest part is I haven’t responded to a single post from him in years. 

You wanted to get in the gutter. I’m comfortable there and I’m much better at it than you. It’s not even close. 

On 11/6/2021 at 9:30 PM, Mike Isles said:

I can understand getting out of the chair because she just finished blowing you, but what's with the sitting down? :unsure:

Osmosis Jones details the changes your body goes through as you get older:

My favorite line is:

“- Reporter: What do you have to say to all the hair follicles recently laid off form the scalp?

- Mayor Phlegming: There will be plenty of new jobs for everyone on the back.”