Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

2022 sucks

Started the year off with -36 degrees out and -58 windchill.   Blower resister went out on my wifes vehicle,  my diesel geld up so my vehicle is down.  On top of that,  lost water preasure in my house.  Hoping it's the preasure tank and not a frozen line from the well. :wall:

Happy focking new year.  :mad:

36 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Started the year off with -36 degrees out and -58 windchill.   Blower resister went out on my wifes vehicle,  my diesel geld up so my vehicle is down.  On top of that,  lost water preasure in my house.  Hoping it's the preasure tank and not a frozen line from the well. :wall:

I lived in that type of weather before but never owned a home there. Isn't it common practice to keep some water flowing through the lines when it gets that focking cold? But that type of cold is stupid. 

I just got a call to be in tomorrow at 5AM. Been drinking since noon. Was supposed to be off Monday. 10 hours to sleep travel (1 1/2 hours) and get sober. 

Yeah a regular Monday LOL. 

48 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

I just got a call to be in tomorrow at 5AM. Been drinking since noon. Was supposed to be off Monday. 10 hours to sleep travel (1 1/2 hours) and get sober. 

Yeah a regular Monday LOL. 

Hopefully you don't have to work heavy machinery.  :shocking:

13 hours ago, MDC said:

I couldn’t live in those temperatures.

Nope. Today (30) is about as cold as I can cope. When it gets to 20 and below I start malding.

11 minutes ago, edjr said:

Nope. Today (30) is about as cold as I can cope. When it gets to 20 and below I start malding.

Trust me, it suxs.  If it weren't for sunlight in the summer until after 10 pm I'd move the fock out of this place.  One benefit though is it keeps the riffraff out.  

15 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Trust me, it suxs.  If it weren't for sunlight in the summer until after 10 pm I'd move the fock out of this place.  One benefit though is it keeps the riffraff out.  

George Floyd :dunno:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, edjr said:

George Floyd :dunno:

The cops up there know how to handle their criminals though. :thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

The cops up there know how to handle their criminals though. :thumbsup:

#facts

Plumbers came over.   Replaced the preasure tank.   Still no water.  Called electrician.   He Replaced the control module for the well.  Still no water.   I have to shoit!  :wall:

Tomorrow I call the well company.   I may be focked until spring.   :cry:

29 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Plumbers came over.   Replaced the preasure tank.   Still no water.  Called electrician.   He Replaced the control module for the well.  Still no water.   I have to shoit!  :wall:

Spring? Fock that. Have water trucked in. 

On 1/2/2022 at 6:07 PM, NorthernVike said:

Started the year off with -36 degrees out and -58 windchill.  

Currently 57 degrees in Orlando and will get down to 52 tonight. High tomorrow is only 72 degrees and sunny. 

Might have to find my sweater.  :mad:

1 hour ago, NorthernVike said:

Brutal!

Hope you can find a solution.

I'm in south-central Minnesota & the coldest morning I remember is sometime back in the early 90s.

When I arrived at work Sunday at 5:45 AM, It was 22° below zero with a brisk wind out of the northwest.

First thing I said to my coworkers when I sat down in the cafeteria was "why the !@#$ did anyone settle here" lol

13 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

That sux.  Good luck especially since "spring" doesn't happen in your neck of the wood until June 1st.  

Now we're in a blizzard warning for tonight.  Well guy won't return my call.  

It's getting so pathetic at this point, all I can do is laugh.    

Looks like its pizza and whiskey for supper tonight.  :cheers:

12 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Try lighting your house on fire to melt the frozen water pipe.

I was without water for a couple days a few years ago. Had to driver to the Cracker Barrell every time I had to poop. 

53 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

No ranch on pizza please. 

I eat all sorts of pizza today I had spicy marinara sauce, cheap ground mozzarella, blue cheese, bacon, green peppers, roasted corn and i dipped it in buffalo sauce.

Some days i eat a traditional new york pizza with the dobs of buffalo mozzarella, roasted garlic, and pepperoni.

And some days i eat a hawaiian pizza dipped in ranch. I could list out the number of ingredients I use on pizza, but it is practically all of them in different combinations. Last week it was pepperoni, sausage, and mushroom. Earlier in the week I had a pizza with pepperoni, artichoke, green peppers, onion, and tomatoes.

You do not always eat the same sandwich, it is important to not always eat the same pizza, even if that pizza is occasionally dipped in ranch.

8 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

To stay on topic I understand your plight. Last year we had temperatures that brought houston to its knees and made national news.

We lost power for 2 days and during the nighttime it was 20 degrees for 2 nights in a row!!!!!

It is practically the same and I feel your pain brother :cheers:

Maybe all these years I am a dumbass. Are we talking about dipping the crust in a dipping sauce and not the actual pizza ? If so don’t actually do it either but like to dip crust in left over oil and add salt. Almost like a pretzel 

On 1/4/2022 at 8:43 AM, Bert said:

That sux.  Good luck especially since "spring" doesn't happen in your neck of the wood until June 1st.  

I was tornado chasing in south-central Minnesota on March 10 last year.

http:// 71662811_Pub_GIF_D.gif

22 hours ago, easilyscan said:

I was tornado chasing in south-central Minnesota on March 10 last year.

http:// 71662811_Pub_GIF_D.gif

And Duluth had 8 inches of snow in May of 2019.

On 1/3/2022 at 7:24 PM, NorthernVike said:

Watch out where NV goes. Don’t you eat that chocolate snow.

The well guy is finally coming tomorrow.   Yeah!

On a shioty note...I now have the kung-flu.

This year can suck my ass.

3 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

The well guy is finally coming tomorrow.   Yeah!

On a shioty note...I now have the kung-flu.

This year can suck my ass.

Everyone has had the kung flu at least once. China needs to be nuked. If you have squirts, do it outside. It'll be a frozen turd sword. Post pics please. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

Everyone has had the kung flu at least once. China needs to be nuked. If you have squirts, do it outside. It'll be a frozen turd sword. Post pics please. 

I've had the chinese virus at least 17 times but with no symptoms. So I never needed a test to confirm. 

2022 has been great for me so far. Other than liberals still being in this country that is. 

On 1/2/2022 at 5:07 PM, NorthernVike said:

Don't you have a heater for your diesel you can't plug in during the winter? I thought that was a must

Fock me raw.  I have water.   :banana:

12 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

Fock me raw.  I have water.   :banana:

Is that an invitatio???