Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Jameson Williams - Reinstated - Back with DET for Wk5

Hard to expect much from Williams, he hadn’t really played. Loins fans should be thankful that he’s healthy, and going forward will be a good asset.  Tired of treads about the Bears, and whining Lions fans.  

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, weepaws said:

Hard to expect much from Williams, he hadn’t really played. Loins fans should be thankful that he’s healthy, and going forward will be a good asset.  Tired of treads about the Bears, and whining Lions fans.  

I agree, it’s hard to see ignore his big play ability, especially if he ever reached his potential. An offense with he and Gibbs together could be dynamic. Coach kinda insinuated that he isn’t dedicated to learning the play etc… so we’ll see. Could be a good best ball player towards the end of the year or next season if he puts in any effort

On 10/10/2023 at 8:34 AM, rallo said:

I agree, it’s hard to see ignore his big play ability, especially if he ever reached his potential. An offense with he and Gibbs together could be dynamic. Coach kinda insinuated that he isn’t dedicated to learning the play etc… so we’ll see. Could be a good best ball player towards the end of the year or next season if he puts in any effort

arguably best ball is the format where Williams has the most value.   

• Like 1

That’s going to change going forward imo. 

The best guy to pick in the 8th round of every draft.  Will be a WR1/WR2 who will be a must start every week who is being drafted way too late.  

5 minutes ago, jonmx said:

The best guy to pick in the 8th round of every draft.  Will be a WR1/WR2 who will be a must start every week who is being drafted way too late.  

I've been on him before most (read the post I made a week ago in the bold predictions thread). Unfortunately people are starting to wake up. He went in the 7th round in my big money 12 team .5ppr league yesterday.  I agree though, he has been oddly underhyped by the world of FF genius's out there.

I'm sure the Lions would like some return on their 1st rd (12th overall) investment from '22.  But he's clearly the 3rd banana in terms of target share behind St. Brown and LaPorta.

Josh Reynolds left (64 targets last year), so that'll help. FFToday Mike projects Williams with 54 rec and 4 Tds, which feels low. I'm thinking more like 85 targets for 60 receptions... 5 or 6 Tds maybe.?. 

Decent. Not great. :dunno:

Not sure about him being a wr1/2, but I think a flex play with wr2 upside.  LaPorta/Brown/Gibbs target hogs.  

I think they squeeze out 100 targets for him, and he catches 70-1190-8.  Add in about 8 rushes for 120 and another TD or two.   This Lions offense has been damn good for the last 2 seasons, and it is about to get better.   Jamo is far better than Josh Reynolds ever dreamed about being.  Renolds over seven years had only one play go for 40 yards.  Jamo already has 5 plays which exceeded that in 30 touches.  His career rushing stats including playoffs are an insane 5-111-2.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

Not sure about him being a wr1/2, but I think a flex play with wr2 upside.  LaPorta/Brown/Gibbs target hogs.  

thats the thing.  hes a low floor, high ceiling player.

I dont mind grabbing him as a later round guy simply because the upside warrants it.

Id take him a full round ahead of the last ADP I saw.  admittedly that was a couple weeks back so if his ADP has shortened up substantially since then this last statement may need to be revised some.

4 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

as of right now he's just a bye week filler at best

Not for long.  

Who would you roster, if you can choose one, 

Jameson Williams, Tyler Lockett, Romeo Doubs?

32 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Who would you roster, if you can choose one, 

Jameson Williams, Tyler Lockett, Romeo Doubs?

I'd probably rank Williams the highest here.   though Doubs is close.  but he has a higher floor and lower ceiling.

Lockett I dont like that much.    hard to say but he may no longer be in a position to put up good numbers due to age and the emerging rookie they drafted last year. (forget his name)

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I'd probably rank Williams the highest here.   though Doubs is close.  but he has a higher floor and lower ceiling.

Lockett I dont like that much.    hard to say but he may no longer be in a position to put up good numbers due to age and the emerging rookie they drafted last year. (forget his name)

Agreed. 

Very good start.  

Heard good stuff all off season but with the amount of talent on offense I didn't invest.  I did however fade Amon Ra and LaPorta.

1 hour ago, HotRod said:

Heard good stuff all off season but with the amount of talent on offense I didn't invest.  I did however fade Amon Ra and LaPorta.

well, if williams was gonna have a really big breakout, at least some of it would have to be at the expense of one of the other WR.    This may be one of those offenses now where williams will go off one week,   Amon Ra the next.   etc.

I suspect less consistency in the offensive numbers due to the number of mouths to feed.  my bet is there wont be any true #1 WR on the roster if Williams gets close to 1000 receiving yards.    at least 300-400 of those yards would come at the expense of someone else on the roster.

4 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well, if williams was gonna have a really big breakout, at least some of it would have to be at the expense of one of the other WR.    This may be one of those offenses now where williams will go off one week,   Amon Ra the next.   etc.

I suspect less consistency in the offensive numbers due to the number of mouths to feed.  my bet is there wont be any true #1 WR on the roster if Williams gets close to 1000 receiving yards.    at least 300-400 of those yards would come at the expense of someone else on the roster.

agreed, too many mouths to feed

J Williams is so far adp winner of the season, but it’s been only one game.  

28 minutes ago, weepaws said:

J Williams is so far adp winner of the season, but it’s been only one game.  

well, I'd rather have Williams at his ADP than Amon Ra at his.     I have one share of Jameson Willams.  no shares in Amon Ra.

I do have Goff in a couple leagues.  with that many mouths to feed the QB is usually the winner in that scenario.   but week 1 proved to be nothing special for Goff.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-jameson-williams-faces-two-game-suspension-for-violation-of-ped-policy

The Lions could soon be without one of their most potent weapons on offense, for a couple of weeks.

Eric Woodyard of ESPN reports that receiver Jameson Williams is facing a two-game suspension for violating the NFL’s PED policy.

It’s unclear whether the suspension is final. When it is, the NFL announces it.

Wow, can’t keep it clean.  

What a focking idiot. I am so tired of him. 2 suspensions in 3 years? Can'tgetright. 

20 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Good time for Hock to return. 

Hock plays for the Vikings. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Hock plays for the Vikings. 

Um.....just seeing if you guys were paying attention......yeah, that's it......

• Haha 2