Sign in to follow this  
Dizkneelande

The president tells a room full of black kids that whitey is out to get them

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

It does.  And it's not.

And where does this come from that 98% of people oppose white supremacists?  That's statistically almost impossible.  Maybe "white supremacist violent terrorist attacks."

It was my guess.  Whats your guess on percentage of white supremacists in America?

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

It does.  And it's not.

And where does this come from that 98% of people oppose white supremacists?  That's statistically almost impossible.  Maybe "white supremacist violent terrorist attacks."

It only “foments racial tension” among those intentionally distorting his words, or believing agitprop from the right that misrepresented what he said. The discussion of racial violence was only a small part of a larger speech. Here’s the section that’s made Fox News lose their minds:

The sacred proposition rooted in Scripture and enshrined in the Declaration of Independence that were all created equal in the image of God and deserve to be treated equally throughout our lives.  While we’ve never fully lived up to that promise, we never before fully walked away from it.
We know that American history has not always been a fairytale.  From the start, it’s been a constant push and pull for more than 240 years between the best of us, the American ideal that we’re all create equal — and the worst of us, the harsh reality that racism has long torn us apart.  It’s a battle that’s never really over.
But on the best days, enough of us have the guts and the hearts to st- — to stand up for the best in us.  To choose love over hate, unity over disunion, progress over retreat.  To stand up against the poison of white supremacy, as I did in my Inaugural Address — to single it out as the most dangerous terrorist threat to our homeland is white supremacy.  (Applause.)
And I’m not saying this because I’m at a Black HBCU.  I say it wherever I go. 
To stand up for truth over lies — lies told for power and profit. 
To confront the ongoing assault to subvert our elections and suppress our right to vote.  That assault came just as you cast your first ballots in ‘20 and ‘22.  Record turnouts.  You delivered historic progress.
I made it clear that America — Americans of all backgrounds have an obligation to call out political violence that has been unleashed and emboldened.  As was mentioned already, bomb threats to this very university and HBCUs across the country.
To put democracy on the ballot.  To reject political extremism and reject political violence. 

I don’t see that fomenting racial tension with anybody. The snippet about white supremacist terrorism was singled out, then twisted and used as a way to attack the whole speech. Seems like the overall message of the speech was very positive:

I give you my word as a Biden: Class of 2023, you’re the reason I’m so optimistic about the future.  And I give you my word, I really mean it.  You’re part of the most gifted, tolerant, talented, best-educated generation in American history.  That’s a fact. 
And it’s your generation, more than anyone else’s, who will answer the questions for America: Who are we?  What do we stand for?  What do you believe?  What do we believe?  What do we want to be?
I’m not saying you have to share this burden all on your own.  The task at hand ahead is the work of all of us.
But what I am saying is: You represent the best of us.  And that’s the God’s truth.  You represent the best of us. 
Your generation will not be ignored, will not be shunned, will not be silenced. 
So on the hilltop high, keep standing for truth and right, and send your rays of light.

Full transcript:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2023/05/13/remarks-by-president-biden-at-the-howard-university-class-of-2023-commencement-address/

And I give you my word, I really mean it.  You’re part of the most gifted, tolerant, talented, best-educated generation in American history.  That’s a fact. 

You represent the best of us.  And that’s the God’s truth.  You represent the best of us.

Just lie after lies.  :lol:

14 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

It was my guess.  Whats your guess on percentage of white supremacists in America?

Oh, I thought that was actual data of some sort.  It seems @dogcows did too.  :( 

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

You’re consuming media that tells you the “left” is calling everybody a white supremacist. 

You mean like the media that is still parroting the “good people on both sides” lie about Charlottesville?  Biden literally repeated the lie on Twitter just the other day.  I’m sure Joe just made an error and isn’t trying to link Trump and his voters to white supremacy.  

Given Bidens history about being wrong about nearly everything, you can expect an act of real terrorism at some point soon. And his foot will once again be back in his fat mouth.  

24 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You mean like the media that is still parroting the “good people on both sides” lie about Charlottesville?  Biden literally repeated the lie on Twitter just the other day.  I’m sure Joe just made an error and isn’t trying to link Trump and his voters to white supremacy.  

Did Biden mention trump during that address?

27 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

He repeated it, but it wasn't a lie as it was an exact quote from Trump;

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

Not surprising that you don’t know what lying by omission is.

7 minutes ago, squistion said:

You’re either stupid or dishonest. Take your pick. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

He said it, “very fine people on both sides” - watch for yourself. Are you so inundated with far right propaganda that you ignore all reality?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

It's a huge issue. I consider myself Alt right. Many folks would clutch at their pearls after that statement. The media has gaslight the public to believe alt right is bad. Conservatives are cool with it because they want to continue to hold power over the republican party and do nothing while the Democrats destroy what's left of our republic. 

The media, politicians etc use white supremacy to demoralize and destroy white culture. We see it all over tech. I'm proud to be black. Is approved and promoted. I'm proud to be Asian, approved and promoted, proud to be Muslim. Approved and promoted. 

It's okay to be white. That's white supremacists language. 

Anyone with half a brain can see what's going on here. 

@Reality says anyone using the term alt right shouldn't be taken seriously 

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

He said it, “very fine people on both sides” - watch for yourself. Are you so inundated with far right propaganda that you ignore all reality?

What do you think one’s intent is when bringing up Trumps “very fine people” quote?  

Stoking fear in people.  That is not exactly a new tactic for a President. 

I surmise he is hoping it helps his approval rating or perhaps his intended election pursuit.  Standard political doctrine, divide the people and make them hate each other, then pretend you are the solution when in fact you are the architect. 

Just now, RLLD said:

Stoking fear in people.  That is not exactly a new tactic for a President. 

I surmise he is hoping it helps his approval rating or perhaps his intended election pursuit.  Standard political doctrine, divide the people and make them hate each other, then pretend you are the solution when in fact you are the architect. 

Again, what people is he dividing here?

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Again, what people is he dividing here?

Again?

Ok  :huh:

When you tell people that some other group is out to get them, or even generally insinuate that, it is divisive. And in this case its worse, because I suggest he knows its a lie as well. 

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Again?

Ok  :huh:

When you tell people that some other group is out to get them, or even generally insinuate that, it is divisive. And in this case its worse, because I suggest he knows its a lie as well. 

So divisive between white supremacists and non white supremacists?  And this bothers you?  The two sides should come together?  What is your point here?

Personally I'm fine with dividing the white supremacists out, you?

Just now, GutterBoy said:

So divisive between white supremacists and non white supremacists?  And this bothers you?  The two sides should come together?  What is your point here?

Divisive between any white or black person. White supremacists are the least of our worries.  Pretending that white and black supremacists are in abundance is just laughable. Most of this nation gets along rather well with no issue.  This business of declaring white supremacy as some significant problem places he, and anyone who does it, in the same realm as those who a see all black people as criminals....you are no different. You are a racist. 

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Divisive between any white or black person. White supremacists are the least of our worries.  Pretending that white and black supremacists are in abundance is just laughable. Most of this nation gets along rather well with no issue.  This business of declaring white supremacy as some significant problem places he, and anyone who does it, in the same realm as those who a see all black people as criminals....you are no different. You are a racist. 

So calling out white supremacists divides any black and white person, but there is not an abundance of white supremacists.  Great logic.  Here I thought blacks and whites could come together against white supremacists, but what do I know, I'm racist.

Never change RLLD :lol:

32 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Greatest terrorist threat.  It’s not. So he lies in order to divide. It’s pretty straight forward. You’re doing your strawman thing again. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dogcows said:

I get your point because you keep hammering it,

You are falsely equating the condemnation of racist violence with fomenting racial tensions.

As @GutterBoy said, 98% of people oppose white supremacists. If attacking those 2% of people is divisive, good. That’s the point. Those people SHOULD be shunned. White supremacy is evil.

You are reading stuff into Biden’s statements that aren’t there. Right-wing media talking heads say “Biden thinks you are a white supremacist!” Which is a lie. So then when he rightly calls out white power terrorists, suddenly everybody who believed the BS from right-wing idiots in bow ties thinks they are personally being attacked. OR, as I said before, there are actual white supremacists who are offended.

You might be offended. People at Howard didn’t think he went far enough in condemning white supremacy. He wasn’t talking to you. He was talking to them.

I disagree.  i believe he was addressing them, but talking through them to all of us.  To say otherwise is obtuse.  The President, giving a recorded public address knows and intends his remarks will be widely disseminated.

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Greatest terrorist threat.  It’s not. So he lies in order to divide. It’s pretty straight forward. You’re doing your strawman thing again. 

You were the one who said he's trying to divide this country dummy.  I'm just calling you out on your dumb assertion.

If you want to talk about what is the greatest terrorist threat to this country go ahead

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This insufferable pr!ck knows he’s including the whole of the Republican Party. He’s just miserable. 

30 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

So calling out white supremacists divides any black and white person, but there is not an abundance of white supremacists.  Great logic.  Here I thought blacks and whites could come together against white supremacists, but what do I know, I'm racist.

Never change RLLD :lol:

Call them out by all means, but that is not what is actually happening here, and you know it.  Pretending this is some wholesome action on his part suggests you are either some lunatic sychopant or an outright liar. 

You are no better than those who walk around saying black people are the greatest threat.  You are one in the same.

The greatest threat to us is criminals, plain and simple. Regardless of skin color. Racists like to make skin color "the thing" instead of the behaviors. 

2 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

This insufferable pr!ck knows he’s including the whole of the Republican Party. He’s just miserable. 

Only a white supremacist would take offense to being called out as a terrorist threat.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Only a white supremacist would take offense to being called out as a terrorist threat.

Key word: greatest. That’s a lie. So you keep veering off in order to satisfy your need to point a finger and cry “racist” instead of just taking what he said at face value. It’s exactly what he wanted to do and you fell for it. Hope it feels good to be duped by this obvious ploy.  

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Call them out by all means, but that is not what is actually happening here, and you know it.  Pretending this is some wholesome action on his part suggests you are either some lunatic sychopant or an outright liar. 

You are no better than those who walk around saying black people are the greatest threat.  You are one in the same.

The greatest threat to us is criminals, plain and simple. Regardless of skin color. Racists like to make skin color "the thing" instead of the behaviors. 

Criminals != Terrorists.  HTH.

Nice try trying to deflect on the obvious racism.

• Like 1

I would say one of the biggest threats to the black community is and has been black on black violence.  But of course he never will mention that.  Not a chance. Remember he just wants to be real with you folks!

If he wants to say white supremacy is the biggest threat to America like it is the 1960s then that is fine.  He can have that opinion.  White supremacy must have been dormant for decades.  Did he bring it up much in his last 30 years of office?  The evil white kid who shot black people in tops makes white supremacy the biggest threat to America?   I mean it was awful but not sure I would go straight to that conclusion.  

A tranny and a latino shot up schools full of little kids. Can we jump to latino supremacy and tranny uprising as threats too? Or is that not how it works?

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Key word: greatest. That’s a lie. So you keep veering off in order to satisfy your need to point a finger and cry “racist” instead of just taking what he said at face value. It’s exactly what he wanted to do and you fell for it. Hope it feels good to be duped by this obvious ploy.  

I got duped? : 😂

I'm not the one throwing a hissy fit about how vile Biden is, or how unfair he is to white supremacists or how he's dividing this country.  You're on full tilt.  Look what he did to you.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

I got duped? : 😂

I'm not the one throwing a hissy fit about how vile Biden is, or how unfair he is to white supremacists or how he's dividing this country.  You're on full tilt.  Look what he did to you.

You got killed here. Because of a lack of comprehension. You seem to think in your fantasy that anyone here is defending white supremacists.  You’re child like. 

I’ve been told by geeks that the outrage of something happening should be proportional to its frequency of occurring.  What are the chances of someone being harmed by an actual white terrorist? Now do their chances of harm from someone of their own race.  What should these students actually be worried about?  

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is exactly it.  He's making them out to be a significantly bigger threat than what they are and it's more likely to create more violence.

11 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I would say one of the biggest threats to the black community is and has been black on black violence.  But of course he never will mention that.  Not a chance. Remember he just wants to be real with you folks!

If he wants to say white supremacy is the biggest threat to America like it is the 1960s then that is fine.  He can have that opinion.  White supremacy must have been dormant for decades.  Did he bring it up much in his last 30 years of office?  The evil white kid who shot black people in tops makes white supremacy the biggest threat to America?   I mean it was awful but not sure I would go straight to that conclusion.  

A tranny and a latino shot up schools full of little kids. Can we jump to latino supremacy and tranny uprising as threats too? Or is that not how it works?

It's also Democrat policies, but clearly he won't mention that either.

Of course he brought up student loans And blamed them  on republicans. Nah, not divisive.  

Most of you conservatives reading this, including you Trump supporters, are not whites supremacists. You’re not racist in anyway. 

So why does this rhetoric bother you so much? 

It’s because, in the last few years, you’ve aligned yourselves with these folks: the bigots, the haters, the crazy folks who want to commit violence. And you’re ashamed of it. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Most of you conservatives reading this, including you Trump supporters, are not whites supremacists. You’re not racist in anyway. 

So why does this rhetoric bother you so much? 

It’s because, in the last few years, you’ve aligned yourselves with these folks: the bigots, the haters, the crazy folks who want to commit violence. And you’re ashamed of it. 

It’s his assessment, as the commander in chief in charge of our nations security , of what the greatest terrorism threat is that’s the issue. You can’t confront that obvious lie, so like a typical liberal, you make up and then hide behind racism.