Sign in to follow this  
2023-24 NHL Season...

44 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Don’t care about the NBA. No defense, all blowouts, I don’t know why anyone would watch that garbage 

As much as I hate the NBA. Celtics had 9 blocks last night

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

As much as I hate the NBA. Celtics had 9 blocks last night

I want the 80s and 90s back :mad:

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I want the 80s and 90s back :mad:

We all do my friend, we all do. Larry Bird ain't walking through that door. 

Going to be very difficult for Edmonton to win this series...  Florida has been very good defensively the first two games and their goalie has been phenomenal...  It really wouldn't surprise me if the Oilers get swept...

Still holding out hope though...

After Game 4 of the NBA finals, I kind of expected the Oilers to come out and smoke the Panthers, just like the Mavs did…

Did not disappoint, but it will be difficult to win three more against this top defensive team…

3 hours ago, posty said:

After Game 4 of the NBA finals, I kind of expected the Oilers to come out and smoke the Panthers, just like the Mavs did…

Did not disappoint, but it will be difficult to win three more against this top defensive team…

the NBA and NHL had to step in and remind the teams how much money is lost with a sweep.

Phew what a second period here in game five…. Five goals combined…. The third period will hopefully be a good one…

35 minutes ago, posty said:

Phew what a second period here in game five…. Five goals combined…. The third period will hopefully be a good one…

Yeah, hopefully a good one for Edmonton

Nice first period…. Keep it up Edmonton so this can go back for Florida for game seven on Sunday…

• Like 2

I never thought Oilers had a chance before the series started and I looked right for a bit. 
I do not hate either team. (Now - hated Gretzky’s Oilers). Would like to see a game 7. 
Conner McHockey deserves a cup. Enjoying fun hockey with no real rooting interest. 
Go NHL !

• Like 1

One more period to send this back to Florida…

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MikeMatt said:

I never thought Oilers had a chance before the series started and I looked right for a bit. 
I do not hate either team. (Now - hated Gretzky’s Oilers). Would like to see a game 7. 
Conner McHockey deserves a cup. Enjoying fun hockey with no real rooting interest. 
Go NHL !

Same here except I’m definitely rooting for Edmonton.

Got a soft spot for the Canadian teams :wub:

• Thanks 1

WOOT!!!

Game 7 Sunday night in Florida!  Go Edmonton!!  All the pressure is on Florida for sure…  Edmonton could become second team to win cup coming back from 3-0 deficit…

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, posty said:

WOOT!!!

Game 7 Sunday night in Florida!  Go Edmonton!!  All the pressure is on Florida for sure…  Edmonton could become second team to win cup coming back from 3-0 deficit…

Hopefully,  :first:

1 hour ago, MikeMatt said:

Go NHL !

When one team is 53 degrees north and the other team is 25 degrees north it makes it easy to find a team to root for.

Oops sorry everyone…. Game 7 is Monday night…. Apologies…

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

He was offside 

You think so? I didn't see anything clear and convincing either way on that one. I wouldn't have overturned the goal. I'm rooting for Edmonton, so I don't really care, but I could see Florida fans being pissed off right now.

Actually, I was watching the replay on Sportscenter this morning, rewinding, replaying and pausing multiple times. It does look offside. OK, the right call was made.

13 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

When one team is 53 degrees north and the other team is 25 degrees north it makes it easy to find a team to root for.

I know Tampon Bay has won but Cups should not be won in Florida !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

this game needs OT

Congrats to Florida for their first title…

Dang it…

Good morning 

Glad I really didn’t have a horse in that race. I was involved in multiple text chats last night - some Oilers some Cats - I just agreed with them all. 

Happy for Panthers and coach Maurice both getting first cup. Happy for Kyle Okposo - first and probably only Cup. 

Would have been OK with seeing a comeback from Oilers and Conner McHockey getting his much deserved Cup although stat wise he was MIA last 2 games. 

Wanted a good game and we got one. 

9 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Fockin Draisaitl. Did that guy disappear or what? :thumbsdown:

Draisaitl is German for Zacha

I don't follow hockey very much, so I was shocked to find out yesterday that a Canadian team hasn't won the cup in 32 years!  :shocking:

17 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I don't follow hockey very much, so I was shocked to find out yesterday that a Canadian team hasn't won the cup in 32 years!  :shocking:

7 teams out of 32. Toronto hasn't been to the stanley cup finals in 55 years :doh: 

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Taxes. Can’t get or keep free agents. Not when you’re competing against Florida teams (no state income tax, lower federal taxes) and such