WhiteWonder

*** 2024 Draft and Season Discussion ***

i saw @Jim Mora was looking to trade. I made him an offer but i dont think hes even seen it as it timed out after 10 days. I proposed it again if he sees this.

2 days to go but so far holding my own against the 1st place O's this week

On 6/29/2024 at 11:43 AM, cmh6476 said:

2 days to go but so far holding my own against the 1st place O's this week

Took down the first place team  :banana:

Good news - jumped from 12th to 7th in 4 weeks. 

bad news: missed out on a top supplemental guy.  

coin flip. 

On 6/24/2024 at 2:24 PM, WhiteWonder said:

i saw @Jim Mora was looking to trade. I made him an offer but i dont think hes even seen it as it timed out after 10 days. I proposed it again if he sees this.

I like to think Mora would not have accepted but I coincidentally pulled my offer before Harper got hurt. 

Supplemental draft starting Monday July 15th.   As per usual, order is reverse order of standings, non snake.   Any free agents as of July 15th are locked and available to be drafted by ANY team. So make sure any players you wish to protect are rostered.

Making an unintentional last minute push for better supplemental draft spots :banana:

Week 15 is officially this week AND next week combined, meaning the current standings are the standings for the all-star supplemental draft.

4 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Week 15 is officially this week AND next week combined, meaning the current standings are the standings for the all-star supplemental draft.

that is extremely weird. I figured since the week prior to the break was a full monday through sunday of games, week 16 would kick off after the break and be longer.  hmmm

okay, well, draft order set.

On 7/1/2024 at 3:04 PM, WhiteWonder said:

I like to think Mora would not have accepted but I coincidentally pulled my offer before Harper got hurt. 

I highly considered, I just couldn't pull the trigger.  I honestly had high hopes for my season, but it's been a rough start.  

Open to trading 1 or both supplementals for the right deal. 

On 7/3/2024 at 11:05 AM, WhiteWonder said:

Supplemental draft starting Monday July 15th.   As per usual, order is reverse order of standings, non snake.   Any free agents as of July 15th are locked and available to be drafted by ANY team. So make sure any players you wish to protect are rostered.

What time does the supp start?  There is time Monday morning to add/drop to protect players, yes?

4 hours ago, Mookz said:

What time does the supp start?  There is time Monday morning to add/drop to protect players, yes?

i think we've done 10AM EDT in the past.

well we are waiting on a west coaster now :sleep:

Are you offering Merrill or Kim and 2.11 for a higher pick?

There's a player I want to draft right now (probably the same one as you), but I need more than just him. Go ahead and make the current pick if you want to make the trade, and then send me the offer when you get a chance and I'll accept.

I went ahead and sent the proposal.

Trade done, I send 2.11 and Jackson Merrill to Burt for 2.04

Mason Miller wasn't on my radar, til I was going thru pitchers and saw he was listed as an SP

I think that gives me a big ratios advantage and "hope" he gets traded and is a setup guy, to give me holds

Trades should not be allowed in the supplemental!!  

(I was hoping Miller fell)

• Haha 1

Just now, lambert58 said:

Trades should not be allowed in the supplemental!!  

(I was hoping Miller fell)

thats funny, says the guy who wanted to trade both his picks

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

thats funny, says the guy who wanted to trade both his picks

It makes sense when it benefits me….

• Haha 1

good work all. This years supplemental felt full of worthy picks but without really much top heaviness. A few weeks ago I think a few other players would have been viewed as must have. 

I have a plethora (8) of innings eating SP if anyone needs some depth. Looking for some backup IF help. 

@Mookz   to put a cap on it

Nice way to finish the extra long matchup with a complete game from lugo :banana:

15 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Tough to do I would think

30.1 IP so far this week with a 0.00 era

Impressive

• Thanks 1

Very sad that Randy was traded. Frustrated too. For fantasy purposes, it doesn't hurt me as he is still only open to myself and Lambert but for real life, I was hoping the team would sell Eflin and Brandon Lowe and leave Arozarena. He's had a down season but has been heating up lately... Tampa is only 4-5 games out of a wildcard spot and Randy has been the pulse of the team the last few seasons. 

On 7/26/2024 at 12:36 PM, WhiteWonder said:

Very sad that Randy was traded. Frustrated too. For fantasy purposes, it doesn't hurt me as he is still only open to myself and Lambert but for real life, I was hoping the team would sell Eflin and Brandon Lowe and leave Arozarena. He's had a down season but has been heating up lately... Tampa is only 4-5 games out of a wildcard spot and Randy has been the pulse of the team the last few seasons. 

I would drop him to protest what the Rays are. doing.   🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Jays are in sell mode but not completely.  They probably need to be.  Nothing too much shaking up my homer fantasy world at this point but certainly a few more players that will lose exclusivity with only a couple possible prospects for categorical help.

The Sox aren't helping out my fantasy team much either. They are only signing players that have already played for Boston and was already exclusive (James Paxton), players that are already on other fantasy teams (Danny Jansen and Lucas Sims) or players that they are sending right to the minors (Quinn Priester and Yohan Ramirez).

I don't think I'm going to catch @RaiderHaters Revenge without some kind of decent moves.

Keeping my fingers crossed for someone(s) decent to help push the Sox into the playoffs and help my team catch RHR!