The Real timschochet

The state of the Presidential race: Trump announces no more debates

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, she’s not an American. 

That's interesting.  What is she then?

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

So, $25,000 for first time home buyers.  Interesting.  Say 1,000,000 a year avail themselves of the program.  That is 25 billion dollars a year we need from the federal coffers.  Of course as the program will have to be administered there will be costs to transfer that money, costs in federal employees. Say that cost is 10% of the moneys to be allocated or 2.5 billion, then we need to find 27.5 billion dollars every year in the budget. 

Where will that come from?  Probably from increased taxes, but on who?  The ultra-rich are difficult to tax as they are happy to move monies off shore which is not necessarily good for investment in this country.  The regular rich, well they are pretty good, through their accountants, in putting their money into capital gains mode so they don't pay either.  Who pays, the middle income people, that's who.

Now as for having that down payment and millions seeking the same stock of homes, well that is going to serve to drive up home prices.  The home buyers will still be seeking mortgages of the same dollar amount.   The homes are more expensive, and not really more reachable for them due to the down payment.  There will be one economic impact, however.  Home prices now rising will cause property taxes to increase, both for the home buyers and for existing home owners, many of whom are seniors on fixed incomes. 

I would argue taht yet again government, in refusing to understqand there is no free money and taht legislation does not produce value will have yet again, through a lack of thinking the program through, have screwed the economy.

It's kind of a no lose proposition for the dems.  They know it'll never make it through congress.  Not in a million years.  And if it stays republican, they can just blame the right for getting in the way of the American dream.  

46 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

A globalist. She just lives here. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

A globalist. She just lives here. 

She was born here though, which makes her an American.

They are as MAGAturd as the summer 2020 opportunistic thugs who burned every major city in this country to the ground were liberals.

🤣

58 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The only people to him who can be Americans in this country are grumpy old white male retired mall cops who spend their retirement listening to far-right podcasters, generating ignorance and misinformation on a low-rent, lightly trafficked message board and feverishly burning up the Interwebs in search of personal information about other posters' wives and ex-wives.

:first:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Not necessarily. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

So, $25,000 for first time home buyers.  Interesting.  Say 1,000,000 a year avail themselves of the program.  That is 25 billion dollars a year we need from the federal coffers.  Of course as the program will have to be administered there will be costs to transfer that money, costs in federal employees. Say that cost is 10% of the moneys to be allocated or 2.5 billion, then we need to find 27.5 billion dollars every year in the budget. 

Where will that come from?  Probably from increased taxes, but on who?  The ultra-rich are difficult to tax as they are happy to move monies off shore which is not necessarily good for investment in this country.  The regular rich, well they are pretty good, through their accountants, in putting their money into capital gains mode so they don't pay either.  Who pays, the middle income people, that's who.

Now as for having that down payment and millions seeking the same stock of homes, well that is going to serve to drive up home prices.  The home buyers will still be seeking mortgages of the same dollar amount.   The homes are more expensive, and not really more reachable for them due to the down payment.  There will be one economic impact, however.  Home prices now rising will cause property taxes to increase, both for the home buyers and for existing home owners, many of whom are seniors on fixed incomes. 

I would argue taht yet again government, in refusing to understqand there is no free money and taht legislation does not produce value will have yet again, through a lack of thinking the program through, have screwed the economy.

We never pay for anything other than with borrowing and printing money.  Eventually that will run out on us, or our kids.

8 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

They are as MAGAturd as the summer 2020 opportunistic thugs who burned every major city in this country to the ground were liberals.

🤣

They're fat, ugly, blue haired manwomen waiving tranny flags.  That's you Francie.  

18 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

So now she’s a drunk? OK sure. 

While you guys are digging up conspiracy theories, the excitement for the DNC is through the roof. I’m hearing it’s impossible to get a ticket, particularly for Thursday night. Longtime Dems are saying the energy now exceeds even 2008. Could be a blue tsunami on the way…

It is impossible, tickets can't be purchased by the public.  It's delegates, media, a few invited guests. RNC is the same way.

1 minute ago, JuneJuly said:

They're fat, ugly, blue haired manwomen waiving tranny flags.  That's you Francie.  

Thanks for underscoring my point. 

MAGAturds are the stupid ones.

2 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

Thanks for underscoring my point. 

MAGAturds are the stupid ones.

MAGAturds working undercover to start culture wars in this country. They love wars and chaos.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

That fake news was debunked four years ago, Sluggo.

4 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

That fake news was debunked four years ago, Sluggo.

Sure it was snopes guy. 😆

1 hour ago, Mark Davis said:

It is impossible, tickets can't be purchased by the public.  It's delegates, media, a few invited guests. RNC is the same way.

So no sense going to Ticketmaster or Stub Hub for a look.?

27 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

So no sense going to Ticketmaster or Stub Hub for a look.?

No.  Can you imagine if they sold tickets to this stuff to the general public?

20 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’m hearing it’s impossible to get a ticket, particularly for Thursday night.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

:doh:

Foking Rusty says the protesters are MAGA and Tim thinks you can buy tickets.    

⬆️ This is how stupid liberal voters are.

Too bad these pro-abortionists' parents weren't pro-abortion or if they were unfortunate they didn't follow through.

3 hours ago, Mark Davis said:

Lol, of course.

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

There’s no contradiction between being an American and being a globalist. In fact globalism is what being an American is all about. We are the New World, we welcome immigrants from every country. There is no American race, no American ethnicity. We are an ideal in human society. The USA is the greatest country in human history specifically BECAUSE we embrace globalism. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Lol, of course.

There are always a few tickets to be had if you know people. Not here. The demand is far greater. As I wrote the energy and excitement is off the charts. 

• Haha 2

The contrast they’re showing between how Trump handled Covid vs Biden and Harris is incredible. This alone should have made Trump ineligible for the White House ever again. 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The contrast they’re showing between how Trump handled Covid vs Biden and Harris is incredible. This alone should have made Trump ineligible for the White House ever again. 

Wat

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Good thing Trump got Biden that vaccine you’re so proud of 

16 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

There are always a few tickets to be had if you know people. Not here. The demand is far greater. As I wrote the energy and excitement is off the charts. 

Lol, sure. It looks it.

Between August 12 and 14, RMG Research polled 2,708 likely voters across the United States for Napolitan News Service, which found Trump leading Harris by 46 percent to 45 percent. When undecided voters leaning one way were included, Trump's margin extended to 49 percent against 47 percent, compared to the last RMG poll a week ago, which put both candidates on 49 percent.

A Cygnal poll of 800 likely voters in Pennsylvania, conducted on August 14-15, found 44 percent would back Trump in a presidential contest versus 43 percent for Harris and 5 percent for independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Trump increased his polling by 2 points since the last Cygnal survey in July, while Kennedy saw his support fall by 4 points.

I'm curious what our resident libs think of the governor of Kentucky wishing for the rape of a member of a vice president candidate's family.  Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I'm curious what our resident libs think of the governor of Kentucky wishing for the rape of a member of a vice president candidate's family.  Thoughts?

In before comparisons to @Hardcore troubadour

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Without looking the story up, I'm thinking I'm completely outraged and know that the way you described it, must be exactly what was said.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Wasn’t aware of it until just now. I think it’s outrageous. He ought to be condemned for it. And yes it is like @Hardcore troubadour only worse because he’s a public figure. 

I know very little about this guy. I thought he gave a good speech last night. He’s supposed to be a rising star in the Democratic Party. But this was awful. 

• Haha 1

If it appears Harris is going to win the election in late October, it will drive people to the polls to try to create a stalemate government. That means the senate seat in Montana will be in Republican hands and the Republicans would then also narrowly win the House. Government gridlock would then be the order of the day for at least two years. Harris could take some executive actions, of course, but larger legislation would be difficult to push through. 

• Thanks 1