The Real timschochet

The state of the Presidential race: Trump announces no more debates

13 minutes ago, squistion said:

https://www.npr.org/2024/08/30/nx-s1-5095227/kamala-harris-interview-cnn-analysis

4. We did get some clearer policy ideas

Asked what she would do on Day 1, Harris said she would look for ways to “strengthen” the middle class and start trying to implement her “Opportunity Economy” plan she laid out last week to bring prices down and try to make homes more affordable.

Specifically, Harris talked in this interview about:

• Extending a $6,000 child tax credit to families for first year of a child’s life, and her
  • A $25,000 first-time homebuyer tax credit

She has noted other proposals in the course of this truncated campaign, like wanting to try to pass the John Lewis voting rights bill, which Republicans have blocked, and wanting to revive the border-security bill Biden drafted with conservative Republicans that Trump opposed and the GOP-led House then killed.

Harris has been dinged for not putting forward deep policy proposals, but no candidate campaigns successfully as a walking policy memo.

Campaigns do usually roll out policy papers that include cost analyses and the like, and Harris hasn’t done that, but neither has Trump in a serious way.

Plus, presidential campaigns are really about big ideas and what direction a candidate wants to take the country, especially in this election, when people have such strong and ingrained feelings about Trump.

[...]

Interesting.  So based on the last sentence, it's just about not being Trump.   Not  a horrible strategy I suppose.

42 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Interesting.  So based on the last sentence, it's just about not being Trump.   Not  a horrible strategy I suppose.

“Not Trump” is very popular these days!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IndyColtsFan said:

Ah, more parroting of what your infotainment overlords tell you to think.

Squawk! Squawk!

🤣

Cultist says what?  :lol:

Maybe spend less time at the far-left glory hole and more time thinking for yourself.  :thumbsup:

58 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Cultist says what?  :lol:

Maybe spend less time at the far-left glory hole and more time thinking for yourself.  :thumbsup:

I've seen the Fox clowns spew the exact things that you and your fellow MAGAturd ilk parrot daily here, the same tired, petty nothingburger obsession points that stimulate the excitement centers of the MAGAturd pea brains. 

Open borders!

Our cities are burning!

Antifa!

BLM!

Hunter Biden!

Kamala IQ!

Kamala interview!

Muh economy!

Muh election fraud!

MSM!

Fake news!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!

🚑

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

I've seen the Fox clowns spew the exact things that you and your fellow MAGAturd ilk parrot daily here, the same tired, petty nothingburger obsession points that stimulate the excitement centers of the MAGAturd pea brains. 

Open borders!

Our cities are burning!

Antifa!

BLM!

Hunter Biden!

Kamala IQ!

Kamala interview!

Muh economy!

Muh election fraud!

MSM!

Fake news!

🚑

Keep slurp-slurpin' those glory hole talking points!  :lol:

You're probably even a far-left glory hole exclusive member!  Don't forget to use your SLURPY points for gifts!

:banana: 🕳️ :banana:

1 hour ago, IndyColtsFan said:

Open borders!

Our cities are burning!

Antifa!

BLM!

Hunter Biden!

Kamala IQ!

Kamala interview!

Muh economy!

Muh election fraud!

MSM!

Fake news!

🚑

Conservativism and by extension the RNC has lost a good bit of their identity with both the 2nd Amendment and Roe v. Wade being basically settled for the foreseeable future.  MAGA pushes for nothing more than cheap heat and red meat BS for low oxygen voters.  Once/If it is dumped; hopefully we'll be able to see a Republican Party who wants to be better.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zsasz said:

Conservativism and by extension the RNC has lost a good bit of their identity with both the 2nd Amendment and Roe v. Wade being basically settled for the foreseeable future.  MAGA pushes for nothing more than cheap heat and red meat BS for low oxygen voters.  Once/If it is dumped; hopefully we'll be able to see a Republican Party who wants to be better.  

:lol:

Did you two cultists just get done blowing each other?  Get a room already.  :lol:

I hear the same thing every time from you lefties.  Nothing like the far-left liberal automaton take on what the RNC is doing.  Maybe clean your own house before you start gaslighting.  :doh:

5 hours ago, purdygood said:

Then what did you mean by "heating oil" prices? Like your electric/gas bill? I've just never heard the phrase "heating oil".  I'm literally 40+ years old and never heard a human being use the term "heating oil". I assumed it must be a east coast thing or something.  I was genuinely just asking for a explanation. 

https://www.nyserda.ny.gov/Energy-Prices/Home-Heating-Oil/Average-Home-Heating-Oil-Prices

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

:lol:

Did you two cultists just get done blowing each other?  Get a room already.  :lol:

I hear the same thing every time from you lefties.  Nothing like the far-left liberal automaton take on what the RNC is doing.  Maybe clean your own house before you start gaslighting.  :doh:

The Cucks for Kamala Zoom call must have ended early tonight.  

• Haha 1

Trump should start being racist again. That's why he won in 2016. Silent majority baby.

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

Thank you but i'm still asking ... do you actually have to go physically buy oil ? Or is this just your Electric and Gas bill ?  Nobody in CA calls it "heating oil". We just call it Electric/Gas.  Like i have PG&E.   Pacific Gas and Electric. (They are awful).  I have never once in my life heard anyone say "my heating oil prices have gone up".  I'm just trying to understand what that even means. 

On 8/29/2024 at 4:22 PM, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Oh I don’t think it moves the needle. Christians vote at a very small rate. That’s why Trump said just get out and vote this time. 

religious people don’t use much logic though. I’m gonna protest Trump being pro IVF by voting in someone who is pro abortion 😝 

He flip flopped…now voting for the 6 week ban 😂😂

55 minutes ago, purdygood said:

Thank you but i'm still asking ... do you actually have to go physically buy oil ? Or is this just your Electric and Gas bill ?  Nobody in CA calls it "heating oil". We just call it Electric/Gas.  Like i have PG&E.   Pacific Gas and Electric. (They are awful).  I have never once in my life heard anyone say "my heating oil prices have gone up".  I'm just trying to understand what that even means. 

You go buy a couple of quarts every week and put it in a burner. It’s usually enough unless it gets real cold.  I use STP but there are less expensive ones but they don’t get as hot. Synthetic is very expensive but lasts longer. A lot of the new burners only take synthetic. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, purdygood said:

You’ve never heard of heating/fuel oil?  It’s basically diesel fuel.

15 hours ago, purdygood said:

I didn't know. I just searched and found the following. 

Heating oil is delivered to homes by trucks that pump the oil into the home's storage tank

Heating oil is a petroleum product used for heating in homes and other buildings, primarily in boilers and furnaces for space heating and in water heaters for water heating. It's also known as red diesel, dyed diesel, or off-road diesel.

Heating oil is dyed red to indicate that it's exempt from federal, state, and local taxes on fuels used on public roads. It's illegal to use heating oil in vehicles that normally operate on roads.

There are two main types of heating oil: gas oil and kerosene. Gas oil is used for commercial and agricultural purposes, while kerosene is used in many homes.

Higher grades of heating oil are cleaner, burn more efficiently, and have less of a negative impact on the environment. Grades 1 and 2 are the cleanest and most commonly used in home and commercial heating systems.

Most heating oil is used during the heating season, from October to March.

Heating oil is produced from crude oil, but some suppliers also offer blends of petroleum distillate and biofuels.

source: google AI

My home uses natural gas for heat. My A/C is electric.

My parents home uses electricity for both heat and A/C.

5 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Keep slurp-slurpin' those glory hole talking points!  :lol:

You're probably even an far-left glory hole exclusive member!  Don't forget to use your points!

Keep licking the balls of your cult leader, a rapist and convicted felon who sh!ts on soldiers who die, get wounded or captured in war.

You have the character of fire ant.

4 hours ago, zsasz said:

That's what I want. Give me Reagan. Give me George Bush Sr. Give me John McCain. Hell, give me G.W. Give me a reasonable Republican party instead of these extremist knuckleheads who have no common sense, feast on misinformation and follow a clown and hardened criminal who wants to turn our country into an autocracy with him as our forever president.

• Like 2

Once again the Harris campaign completely outfoxed the Trump folks: 

https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-harris-first-interview-ratings-compared-donald-trump-1946932

What they did was not have Kamala give any interviews for weeks. And then they let the Trump folks complain about it. And complain about it. Pretty soon the MSM was also complaining about it. So by the time Kamala finally did give an interview the TV ratings were off the charts. And since most people think she did fine, all it did was give her tons of positive attention after weeks of hype. They couldn’t have planned it better and Trump fell right into the trap. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

https://www.newsweek.com/kamala-harris-first-interview-ratings-compared-donald-trump-1946932

What they did was not have Kamala give any interviews for weeks. And then they let the Trump folks complain about it. And complain about it. Pretty soon the MSM was also complaining about it. So by the time Kamala finally did give an interview the TV ratings were off the charts. And since most people think she did fine, all it did was give her tons of positive attention after weeks of hype. They couldn’t have planned it better and Trump fell right into the trap. 

Yeah she did fine.......lol.

Most people my ass.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

She had better ratings because people wanted to know what she wants to do for the country…. People already know what Trump can do…

8 hours ago, IndyColtsFan said:

Keep licking the balls of your cult leader, a rapist and convicted felon who sh!ts on soldiers who die, get wounded or captured in war.

You have the character of fire ant.

I see you spent some more time at the glory hole getting your slurping points!  Keep  on cultin', cultist!   I can't wait for your masters to tell you how to respond to me next.  Slurp-Slurp!

:banana: 🕳️ :banana:

5 hours ago, Beaker15 said:

Yeah she did fine.......lol.

Most people my ass.

And newsweek!  :doh:

He might as well gotten that from Pravda or the DNC website.  Dude is off the charts propaganda.

This places her solidly as a 1A advocate, no?  It’s especially telling that she mentions Facebook now knowing how Zuck was in their pocket. She’s basically saying…Facebook is bending the knee, now Twitter has to.

8 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Baghdad Bob type of trenchant analysis  . The same that said Biden was great

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

They have been deft so far in how they have handled this.

11 hours ago, Fireballer said:

You’ve never heard of heating/fuel oil?  It’s basically diesel fuel.

I'm in the Midwest and I never heard of it either until I saw this movie. 

Where is heating oil used most?

Heating oil - Wikipedia

northeastern states

Heating oil is widely used in both the United States and Canada, with U.S. residential use most common in the northeastern states of New York and Pennsylvania and in New England, collectively accounting for 85% of total U.S. residential heating oil use.

20 hours ago, purdygood said:

Then what did you mean by "heating oil" prices? Like your electric/gas bill? I've just never heard the phrase "heating oil".  I'm literally 40+ years old and never heard a human being use the term "heating oil". I assumed it must be a east coast thing or something.  I was genuinely just asking for a explanation. 

When I was very young coal trucks would come to the homes around me.  They would deliver coal through a chute in your home to a bin near your furnace.  You then shoveled it into the furnace as needed.  A few years later lots of folks upgraded to fuel oil. Tthe trucks would deliver to your home.  They would pump the fuel oil into tanks in your home near the furnace, generally around where the coal bins use to be.  Our home had two 1000 gallon tanks.  That became very uncommon as new construction starting in the 60's and 70's had electric or gas furnaces and older neighborhoods were retrofitted for gaslines to gas furnaces.  I have not seen an oil furnace in maybe 45 or 50 years.  Still they are out there and are still around in the northeast in rural communities where gaslines would not be cost effective.  Newer construction in such rural communities now also uses propane instead of fuel oil, propane delivered to a tank on your property by a truck.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I didn't know. I just searched and found the following. 

Heating oil is delivered to homes by trucks that pump the oil into the home's storage tank

Heating oil is a petroleum product used for heating in homes and other buildings, primarily in boilers and furnaces for space heating and in water heaters for water heating. It's also known as red diesel, dyed diesel, or off-road diesel.

Heating oil is dyed red to indicate that it's exempt from federal, state, and local taxes on fuels used on public roads. It's illegal to use heating oil in vehicles that normally operate on roads.

There are two main types of heating oil: gas oil and kerosene. Gas oil is used for commercial and agricultural purposes, while kerosene is used in many homes.

Higher grades of heating oil are cleaner, burn more efficiently, and have less of a negative impact on the environment. Grades 1 and 2 are the cleanest and most commonly used in home and commercial heating systems.

Most heating oil is used during the heating season, from October to March.

Heating oil is produced from crude oil, but some suppliers also offer blends of petroleum distillate and biofuels.

source: google AI

My home used natural gas for heat. My A/C is electric.

My parents home uses electricity for both heat and A/C.

Thanks.  I didnt know in 2024 this was "a thing".   My whole life electric came from underground wires and natural gas for my stove just came from underground pipes too.   Weird. 

5 hours ago, purdygood said:

Thanks.  I didnt know in 2024 this was "a thing".   My whole life electric came from underground wires and natural gas for my stove just came from underground pipes too.   Weird. 

If you are out in rural america where homes may be miles apart no gas or electric company is going to run lines to your home.  It is just not cost effective.  You need an alternative.  Fuel oil was the common alternative in the 50's and before, and several of those homes are still standing and will be for another century.  Now those homes have propane and/or solar.  Some even wind or micro-hydro, and a few heat with heat pumps in the ground. Hardcore Troubadour living in the Hudson Valley may be fairly rural and may well live in a home originally built 150 years ago.  He may be miles from the nearest natural gas pipeline.

So I’m watching the Clemson vs Georgia game and twice now I’ve seen this commercial in which a woman whose daughter was murdered by an illegal immigrant blames Kamala Harris. Not an official Trump campaign ad but “paid for by MAGA”. 

Obviously I’m biased but I don’t think this ad will be effective. I know it worked against Dukakis in 1988 but his connection to the guy that was paroled was a lot more direct than anything Kamala Harris might be responsible for. Plus it’s dark and ugly and I wonder if anyone beyond those who care most about this issue (the vast majority already voting for Trump) will be convinced by it. This is not to say that immigration isn’t an issue that could hurt Kamala but it seems to me that a better argument would be focused on the economic costs. Trying to blame her for some random murder will, IMO, appeal only to the extremists on this subject. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

So I’m watching the Clemson vs Georgia game and twice now I’ve seen this commercial in which a woman whose daughter was murdered by an illegal immigrant blames Kamala Harris. Not an official Trump campaign ad but “paid for by MAGA”. 

Obviously I’m biased but I don’t think this ad will be effective. I know it worked against Dukakis in 1988 but his connection to the guy that was paroled was a lot more direct than anything Kamala Harris might be responsible for. Plus it’s dark and ugly and I wonder if anyone beyond those who care most about this issue (the vast majority already voting for Trump) will be convinced by it. This is not to say that immigration isn’t an issue that could hurt Kamala but it seems to me that a better argument would be focused on the economic costs. Trying to blame her for some random murder will, IMO, appeal only to the extremists on this subject. 

When your border policy (or lack of one) results in the deaths of thousands of Americans, you better believe you're responsible and these ads will work.

• Haha 1

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

When your border policy (or lack of one) results in the deaths of thousands of Americans, you better believe you're responsible and these ads will work.

Well I would say that, much like me, you’re not exactly neutral on this subject, and that our views are predetermined. Neither of us is probably a good judge on how this will affect other people. We can only speculate, as we are both doing.