Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Caitlin Clark debut

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I didn't say the NBA.  You can look at male olympic players or even male high school players.  The best of those will destroy WNBA teams pretty much every time.   They shoot better, have better fundamentals, run more complex plays.  Just better in every way.  As I posted earlier in this thread, I watched a number of Caitlin Clark's final college games due to the hype.  And I was impressed by her.  She's really good.  FOR A GIRL.  Sorry to say that but it's true.  She jacks up bad threes and in the games I watched her shooting percentage wasn't great.  And that's all besides the fact that they play with a smaller, lighter ball than male players.

There is no argument that the men are on an entire different level of athleticism but I just can't get into it.  I don't know what it is but I just don't care.  There is no vested interest.  I don't even know many people that enjoy the NBA anymore so there is no crap talk to one another.

Clark became the first WNBA player ever to have back-to-back games in the regular season with at least 25 points and 10 assists.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, posty said:

Clark became the first WNBA player ever to have back-to-back games in the regular season with at least 25 points and 10 assists.

how long has the WNBA been around?  30 years?  35 years?

She's the single biggest reason it's getting any attention today, but the league is filled with racist players and haters and want to see her brought down because they feel it should be a black woman leading the charge.  Women love nothing more than bringing other women down.

Saw a stat today that 17% of flagrant fouls in the WNBA are against Caitlin Clark😮

On 9/2/2024 at 6:51 AM, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

She's the single biggest reason it's getting any attention today, but the league is filled with racist players and haters and want to see her brought down because they feel it should be a black woman leading the charge.  Women love nothing more than bringing other women down.

They are pissed they never got the attention she is getting and it's incredibly obvious.  Petty women.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

They are pissed they never got the attention she is getting and it's incredibly obvious.  Petty women.

Logic: We should celebrate Caitlin Clark because she's drawing viewers to our game which, in turn, means bigger paydays for us!

WNBA Players: Nah!  We'd rather see the white girl taken out at the knees because we're racist AND jealous.

They should probably just rename the league to The Real Housewives of the WNBA.

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2024 at 7:51 AM, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Founded in 1996 and began play in 1997…

Another triple double 

1 hour ago, MLCKAA said:

Another triple double 

Was just coming to post this…

Caitlin Clark became the fastest player in WNBA history to reach 100 3-pointers in a season and finished with 24 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists for her second career triple-double as the playoff-bound Indiana Fever beat the Los Angeles Sparks 93-86 on Wednesday night.

Clark connected on her second 3 of the game and 100th of the season midway through the third quarter and added two more to reach 102 and finish 4 of 10 from long range. The No. 1 overall draft pick is the first rookie with 100 3s.

She also became the first rookie and fifth WNBA player with multiple triple-doubles in a season, joining Alyssa Thomas, Courtney Williams, Sabrina Ionescu and Candace Parker.

• Haha 1

Clark won me some money last night.  Every once in a while I like to throw a couple bucks on her getting a triple dub.

• Like 1

Another record for the rookie:

Fever's Caitlin Clark breaks WNBA's single-season assists mark. 

She probably would have broken it about five games earlier if her teammates could hold on to her passes…

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

How have the TV ratings been?  I feel like the hype is kinda dying down 

No idea but womens basketball has no chance in ratings against the NFL and College Football.  They should end their season in August.

• Like 1

I saw a crazy stat that something like 18 percent of all technical fouls in the WNBA this year were against clark. That is insane