Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Caitlin Clark debut

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Anything can be boring without and interest in it.

The WNBA isn't just boring, it's a terrible product. It just is, but everyone is afraid to say it. 

GET WOKE 🌈 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I understand why a lot of people don't like it but I don't understand why some of you are bothered by those who do.

This whole Caitlin Clark thing is a media creation. Nobody REALLY gives a Fuk. They watch because they think they're SUPPOSED TO, the media tells them to. Our society is a bunch of puppets on strings. 

The product blows, if we're being honest. 

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If you don't care about any of the players, then yes.  I find the NBA really boring.  Baseball extremely boring.  Golf has to be the most boring sport.

I still watch the Cubs though, and I will watch a few gold tournaments a year.  I even enjoy watching soccer and professional bass fishing.

Anything can be boring without and interest in it.

Very true. 

This thread is boring. But at least Hack got another chance to lie. 

On 5/16/2024 at 8:37 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nah. There was some player in the wnba saying she only gets attention because she’s white. This is what libtards have brought about.  Certain people can be degraded because of their race. Others can’t. What a world.  

@listen2me 23, this was the first post in this thread that brought politics into it.  HTH

9 hours ago, TimHauck said:

@listen2me 23, this was the first post in this thread that brought politics into it.  HTH

Lol

There is a picture of Aliyah Boston, Indiana Fever, On the WTHR.com homepage today where her hair extensions are touching the ball as she dribbles.  This I find annoying.

4 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

her hair extensions are touching the ball as she dribbles.

Maybe that's why they suck so bad, the ball is greasy? 

31 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Hypocrite 

You spent all day riled up.  I know you were a wrestler but you act more like a ballerina.  

On 5/15/2024 at 12:10 PM, wiffleball said:

In fairness, she's white. 👻

Second post in the thread. Tim Hack outright lying once again. He does that. 

23 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Not sure what saying these players dont like Calark ebcause she is popular and white has to do with politics.   

15 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

This whole Caitlin Clark thing is a media creation. Nobody REALLY gives a Fuk. They watch because they think they're SUPPOSED TO, the media tells them to. Our society is a bunch of puppets on strings. 

The product blows, if we're being honest. 

You have issues.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You have issues.

He has a point though. I have watched more WNBA this year than I have in it's entire existence. The product is not very good. They keep talking about expanding while they should be really think about contracting  a few teams and focusing on the product being good.  This is not coming from a place of misogyny. I wanted to really give the WNBA a shot. I wanted it to be a good product. It really is just not. 

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

He has a point though. I have watched more WNBA this year than I have in it's entire existence. The product is not very good. They keep talking about expanding while they should be really think about contracting  a few teams and focusing on the product being good.  This is not coming from a place of misogyny. I wanted to really give the WNBA a shot. I wanted it to be a good product. It really is just not. 

Thank you. The product is terrible. 

Even Clark…She’s doing fine for a rookie, but she’s not doing anything special or transformative. She’s one of the worst plus minus players of the league who leads the entire league in turnovers. Her shooting percentage is nothing special. But we have goofballs literally trying to claim she’s an Olympic level player. 
Its a joke

5 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I understand that.  The majority of the time the product is very bad.  Most of the players are not very good and the officiating is terrible.  There are still some very good athletes that are fun to watch.  I watch because of Clark and not for the reasons he suggested.  I've watched her since she was a freshman at Iowa.

3 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Thank you. The product is terrible. 

Even Clark…She’s doing fine for a rookie, but she’s not doing anything special or transformative. She’s one of the worst plus minus players of the league who leads the entire league in turnovers. Her shooting percentage is nothing special. But we have goofballs literally trying to claim she’s an Olympic level player. 
Its a joke

I would like to see her play on that roster.  I think it would be fun to see her on a better team and what she could do.  I get why she didn't make the roster though and it didn't bother me.  She needs the break.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I understand that.  The majority of the time the product is very bad.  Most of the players are not very good and the officiating is terrible.  There are still some very good athletes that are fun to watch.  I watch because of Clark and not for the reasons he suggested.  I've watched her since she was a freshman at Iowa.

I would guess that ALL the new WNBA fans watch because of clark. That is the SINGLE reason why I tried watching.  

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

I would guess that ALL the new WNBA fans watch because of clark. That is the SINGLE reason why I tried watching.  

The majority are but the rest of the rookies have helped bring in a lot of new fans as well.  Time will tell if it's enough or not.  I foresee it all crumbling down again unless they make some serious changes.

Sky-Fever with Angel Reese, Caitlin Clark tops WNBA ratings

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/40378767/sky-fever-angel-reese-caitlin-clark-tops-wnba-ratings

The Indiana Fever's 91-83 victory over the visiting Chicago Sky on Sunday was the WNBA's most-watched game in 23 years, CBS announced Tuesday.

The game featured 2024 first overall pick Caitlin Clark of the Fever and No. 7 overall pick Angel Reese of the Sky. The contest averaged 2.25 million viewers, a 225% increase over a comparable game window last season between the Phoenix Mercury and New York Liberty.

Sunday's viewership reached its peak at 3 million viewers.

Clark scored 23 points to mark the seventh time this season that she had at least 20 in a game. Clark also had nine assists and eight rebounds to lead the Fever to back-to-back wins for the first time this season.

Also, Sunday's game was the most streamed WNBA game ever on Paramount+ across households, minutes and average minute audience.

I watched for about 3 minutes yesterday.  It's almost unwatchable.  I was a fan of her game in Iowa and I wanted it to translate to WNBA success.  I know she is in a very tough position with all the scrutiny.....all of the time, but, In those 3 minutes I watched she threw the ball away 3 times.  Now she also hit one 3 and had a few steals, but she needs to calm down and not give the ball away.  They were hyping her stats but not showing her 6 turnovers.  She has 88 TO's through 16 games, and leads the field by 31, with the next most TO's at 57.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, remote controller said:

I watched for about 3 minutes yesterday.  It's almost unwatchable.  I was a fan of her game in Iowa and I wanted it to translate to WNBA success.  I know she is in a very tough position with all the scrutiny.....all of the time, but, In those 3 minutes I watched she threw the ball away 3 times.  Now she also hit one 3 and had a few steals, but she needs to calm down and not give the ball away.  They were hyping her stats but not showing her 6 turnovers.

I believe 3 of those TOs were dropped passes.  Her teammates miss a lot of passes.  The rest is on her for trying to force it and taking too many risks.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I believe 3 of those TOs were dropped passes.  Her teammates miss a lot of passes.  The rest is on her for trying to force it and taking too many risks.

88 TO's on the year and the next closest is 57.  I'm a fan.....she needs to calm down some.

Just now, remote controller said:

88 TO's on the year and the next closest is 57.  I'm a fan.....she needs to calm down some.

I get it but I would credit her for about 20 fewer TOs because her teammates suck at catching the ball.

• Like 1

Colon Cowherder talks about WNBA on his show but not NHL or MLB. fraud

I get it but I would credit her for about 20 fewer TOs because her teammates suck at catching the ball.

2024 ‘murica - blame someone else

1 minute ago, edjr said:

2024 ‘murica - blame someone else

I don't know what to tell you.  A player passes the ball to her teammate and they drop it which leads to a turnover.  The person passing the ball gets credited with the TO.  I think context matters here.  Reminds me of how errors don't count as earned runs against the pitcher.

27 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't know what to tell you.  A player passes the ball to her teammate and they drop it which leads to a turnover.  The person passing the ball gets credited with the TO.  I think context matters here.  Reminds me of how errors don't count as earned runs against the pitcher.

I guess they need a "dropped pass" stat like football.  Obviously you know, in football its still a incomplete pass for the QB even if it goes right through the WR's hands.  But different sports, so nobody would pay attention to "MPO's" Missed Pass Opportunities in basketball.

an error in baseball is up to the loser “journalist” who likely never played a sport in his life. not a good comparison 

On 6/19/2024 at 10:48 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

The majority are but the rest of the rookies have helped bring in a lot of new fans as well.  Time will tell if it's enough or not.  I foresee it all crumbling down again unless they make some serious changes.

Every time Clark touches the court the attendance doubles no matter who they play.  She really would have been better off taking Ice Cubes offer and getting paid

20 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Every time Clark touches the court the attendance doubles no matter who they play.  She really would have been better off taking Ice Cubes offer and getting paid

It kind of would have been funny if she did just to stick it to them.  I'd like to see her beat all the records in the WNBA though.  Shut up all the old, gatekeeper fans.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It kind of would have been funny if she did just to stick it to them.  I'd like to see her beat all the records in the WNBA though.  Shut up all the old, gatekeeper fans.

No Jason Tatum threads

2 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

So did he actually start a league?

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So did he actually start a league?

Yea, and she could have made bank playing in a league that is bound to be more entertaining than this product

14 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

Yea, and she could have made bank playing in a league that is bound to be more entertaining than this product

Ok just looked it up.  So it already exists but there haven’t been any women in it yet and Clark was the first to get an offer.  Do you think she can compete with men?

44 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Ok just looked it up.  So it already exists but there haven’t been any women in it yet and Clark was the first to get an offer.  Do you think she can compete with men?

She would have to rely on her 3 point shooting.  Would be fun to see her making passes to guys that can catch the ball though.

Guys that are into the WNBA are weird. 

44 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Guys that are into the WNBA are weird. 

Insecure, old men are weird.  

• Like 1

She would have to rely on her 3 point shooting.  Would be fun to see her making passes to guys that can catch the ball though.

If she played in a men's league she'd have to use a real basketball.  That would hurt every part of her offensive game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

If she played in a men's league she'd have to use a real basketball.  That would hurt every part of her offensive game.

That's true.  I wonder how much it would affect her.  I imagine it would throw off her long 3s a lot.