Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

New Contract Extension for Justin Jefferson

2 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

I hope Jerry gives Dak like 70 mil a year...to disappoint cowboy fans each year. Jerry is behind the times. Is dak a top 5 QB? If he is then pay him. If he is not then you let him play out his contract. Stink for one season and then get a qb you can control for 5 years and pay them less than a years worth of dak service time. 

Dak was never truly a top 5 QB.

his stats were huge for about 3 or 4 years because he played in the worst division in football and racked up the stats against all those bad teams that he got to play 2x per year.

lots of years I looked at strength of schedule and Dak had one of the top 3 easiest.

Now that the division has at least one legit defense (philly) and Washington and New york are improved (but still bad)  its not so much of a cakewalk as it was.

also a couple years ago I did an analysis on here.   Daks record against sub .500 teams is huge.   against playoff calibre teams... not great.     hes honestly a slightly above average QB who lit it up with stats against some really bad defenses.

• Like 1

I like owning Dak when he has lighted up those weaker defenses 

On 6/6/2024 at 9:54 AM, Ray_T said:

Dak was never truly a top 5 QB.

his stats were huge for about 3 or 4 years because he played in the worst division in football and racked up the stats against all those bad teams that he got to play 2x per year.

lots of years I looked at strength of schedule and Dak had one of the top 3 easiest.

Now that the division has at least one legit defense (philly) and Washington and New york are improved (but still bad)  its not so much of a cakewalk as it was.

also a couple years ago I did an analysis on here.   Daks record against sub .500 teams is huge.   against playoff calibre teams... not great.     hes honestly a slightly above average QB who lit it up with stats against some really bad defenses.

He put up good numbers last year :dunno:

Dak is a very solid Fantasy QB. I wouldn't call him a league winner but he can certainly help you win a Fantasy Championship, if that makes sense? 🤔 

Wouldn’t that make Dak a league winner, if he can help you win a ff championship? 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Wouldn’t that make Dak a league winner, if he can help you win a ff championship? 

Derrick Carr can help you to if you're stacked everywhere else. 

41 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Derrick Carr can help you to if you're stacked everywhere else. 

League winner. 

2 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

You can have him 

If he’s going to be my Qb on my next championship team , I have no problem with that, lots of bragging rights , lol. 

On 6/7/2024 at 12:08 PM, Maximum Overkill said:

Dak is a very solid Fantasy QB. I wouldn't call him a league winner but he can certainly help you win a Fantasy Championship, if that makes sense? 🤔 

agreed.   he still lights up bad defenses.

at worst hes a spot start.

but hes one of those QB's who is a better fantasy QB than he is an actual QB

I dont know that you will ever win a superbowl with him but he will always get the cowboys to the playoffs so long as the surrounding cast is decent

22 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

but hes one of those QB's who is a better fantasy QB than he is an actual QB

Perfectly stated. He's about as solid as you could ask for in Fantasy. He'll never kill you

3 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Perfectly stated. He's about as solid as you could ask for in Fantasy. He'll never kill you

there is usually one or two matchups each year against top defenses where he wont be all that good.   but overall, I'd agree with this