Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Trump to eliminate taxes on tips

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

The deep state is trying to get rid of cash and force us to use digital currency!

And if you go further down the alt right, cultist rabbit hole it's:

1.  Digital currency

2.  No individual ownership

3.  No more meat, we eat bugs instead

1 minute ago, BeachGuy23 said:

1.  Digital currency

You equated school loans to gifts. 😆

6 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

:blink: WTF?

On 3/27/2023 at 9:20 AM, Dizkneelande said:

It will inch us closer to a central bank digital currency. Then it will be over and they will control every aspect of our lives. 

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Now start pulling random out of context stuff from libs on tic toc from over a year ago. That's some quality posting you got going on there. 😆

13 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Negative boyo, not taxing declared tips would have a huge impact on IRS revenue.  And why should these folks, whose tips are part of their wages, be excluded from being taxed?

Why do I have to be taxed?

Huge impact?  How much was reported in tip income last year?  Curious how much of the $15+ trillion in reported income was from tips.

1 hour ago, BeachGuy23 said:

1.  Digital currency

Grasshoppas are actually pretty good 😋

So in Nevada (a battleground state) Trump stood in front of a group of people and said "I want to eliminate taxes on tips" and people cheered. Gee- I wonder if there is any city, perhaps in the Western US, perhaps even...oh let's say- in Nevada- that would cheer such a campaign promise that almost assuredly is empty?

What do we call that- you know when people want votes so they say something they don't plan on actually doing in order to get votes? Pander...something? And we are against that right? Is it good now since like 12pm Pacific time yesterday? Does it have a window where it isn't good anymore to do that?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Like all government officials, they buy votes.  Still think not taxing tips is a good move. 

I like this. Instead of tipping 20%, I would tip 10%.

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I love how many lefties are for big taxation

they love people pushed to poverty, easier to control

I don't like poor people paying taxes, just rich people.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

I don't like poor people paying taxes, just rich people.

poor people don't pay taxes, as a matter of fact most people who earn tips would be on the poorer side of society

27 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

poor people don't pay taxes, as a matter of fact most people who earn tips would be on the poorer side of society

But you just said lefties love to tax people into poverty

I don't like the idea.

2 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

That was a big Killary push. If she won, it would be here now. 

It is here now. Biden voted to tax it, when it wasn't, then he voted to raise the tax on it. Because he’s working class Joe. 

55 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I love how many lefties are for big taxation

they love people pushed to poverty, easier to control

Just as funny as MAGA drones who say are the most centrist posters here....

I don't care if tips get taxed or not...I just wanted to mock the whole idea that pandering for votes was okay now. 

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Facts

people in poverty don't pay taxes

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I don't care if tips get taxed or not...I just wanted to mock the whole idea that pandering for votes was okay now. 

Yep it’s so maga. Guess you’ve never heard of Ron Paul

Just now, GutterBoy said:

people in poverty don't pay taxes

Not income taxes you mean.

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Funny, when I posted this I wasn't sure how I felt about the proposal (FWIW it's grow on me).  I was mostly interested in how the Lefties, and centrists like yourself, would find a way to disparage it.  :thumbsup: 

One of the reasons this is growing on me:  I'm having a hard time figuring out the unintended consequences, which is usually the problem with tax proposals.  In this case, the beneficiaries are primarily lower-income people, so that's good.  The employees already generally make server minimum wage, so employers won't cut salaries.  In fact I can't think why employers would care at all; if anything it would probably simplify their accounting processes.

Perhaps one thing is that customers over time will tip less.  Depending on how much (little) of tips are currently reported, it might result in a net negative income to the employees.  :dunno: 

I think it’s a great idea. Just need to raise taxes on the rich too and estate tax should be like 75% imo with no exemption. That should easily pay for this and much more :thumbsup:

Tips added on the bill - part of the service and should be taxed.

Cash tips - are gifts and should not be taxed.

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

One of the reasons this is growing on me:  I'm having a hard time figuring out the unintended consequences, which is usually the problem with tax proposals.  In this case, the beneficiaries are primarily lower-income people, so that's good.  The employees already generally make server minimum wage, so employers won't cut salaries.  In fact I can't think why employers would care at all; if anything it would probably simplify their accounting processes.

Perhaps one thing is that customers over time will tip less.  Depending on how much (little) of tips are currently reported, it might result in a net negative income to the employees.  :dunno: 

I don;t know about other states but in NJ, servers only make $5/hr, and their tips make up the rest of their comp, as long as they hit $15/hr.  If a server makes less than $15/hr from tips, then the employer pays the rest.

So if people start cutting their tips in half since they are not taxed, that could cause employers to have to pay their employees more to cover the gap.

Also most people who make cash tips don't pay taxes on them anyway, so they could end up making less, assuming this thought process (im gonna tip less now) was adopted more.

I think it's funny that people use the fact that a large percentage of tipped workers break the law by not paying their "fair share" as a reason we should just eliminate that tax to begin with.  If we all stop paying our income tax maybe Trump will respond by eliminating it!!!!   FREE STUFF FOR EVERYONE!!!!!

13 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I don;t know about other states but in NJ, servers only make $5/hr, and their tips make up the rest of their comp, as long as they hit $15/hr.  If a server makes less than $15/hr from tips, then the employer pays the rest.

So if people start cutting their tips in half since they are not taxed, that could cause employers to have to pay their employees more to cover the gap.

Also most people who make cash tips don't pay taxes on them anyway, so they could end up making less, assuming this thought process (im gonna tip less now) was adopted more.

This is what I was trying to say with my last sentence.  I could see this tax cut being of more benefit to servers who work in CC-driven businesses.

Hopefully, people who intentionally give cash tips do so because they know the recipients aren't reporting them, so won't change their behavior much.  But it will reduce it some.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It is here now. Biden voted to tax it, when it wasn't, then he voted to raise the tax on it. Because he’s working class Joe. 

Right. For some reason I was thinking about how she wanted to tax roth 401k a second time. 

Joe Biden is the reason that working class people can’t discharge their medical bills in bankruptcy. But his friends at the bank and corporations can still get their golden parachutes when their business does. Middle class Joe indeed.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Of course.  What percentage of people do you think carry cash?  Let alone tip in cash?

They collect it by servers declaring it.  They declare it because there's a paper trail.

Why is this confusing to you?

I always tip in cash so they dont have to claim it. It's up to them if they want to claim all, none or a portion of it. 

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Joe Biden is the reason that working class people can’t discharge their medical bills in bankruptcy. But his friends at the bank and corporations can still get their golden parachutes when their business does. Middle class Joe indeed.  

You’re such an idiot. Medical bills are dischargeable in bankruptcy. That’s the whole  reason many people end up having to file for bankruptcy — is to get rid of debt from medical bills :doh:

Now if you want actual universal coverage, then that would basically eliminate medical bankruptcies. But you don’t.

I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's fvcked up. That ain't my fault. It would seem to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. Look, if you ask me to sign something that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. And as for this non-college bullshit I got two words for that: learn to fuckin' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big fuckin' surprise.

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You’re such an idiot. Medical bills are dischargeable in bankruptcy. That’s the whole  reason many people end up having to file for bankruptcy — is to get rid of debt from medical bills :doh:

Now if you want actual universal coverage, then that would basically eliminate medical bankruptcies. But you don’t.

I stand corrected. That must be a newer development.  Trump probably.  

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I think it’s a great idea. Just need to raise taxes on the rich too and estate tax should be like 75% imo with no exemption. That should easily pay for this and much more :thumbsup:

I want to vomit every time I hear those two words together

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I stand corrected. That must be a newer development.  Trump probably.  

No, it isn’t, and it wasn’t :lol: :doh:

4 minutes ago, Mark Davis said:

I want to vomit every time I hear those two words together

We can go with death tax if you want. I actually don’t mind as that term highlights the fact that the person who actually had the money is dead and doesn’t fockin need it anymore :thumbsup:

You know he's a crap tipper - and rude. 

Then again, McDonalds...

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

We can go with death tax if you want. I actually don’t mind as that term highlights the fact that the person who actually had the money is dead and doesn’t fockin need it anymore :thumbsup:

Worst take ever. Double taxing income is a killary move. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, IGotWorms said:

To me that's the most left wing tax of the ones we have.  The government wants another larger bite of money that's been taxed already.  I'm not sure why we feel we deserve a second tax run at someone else's money they leave to their kids.  The AMT is also especially abhorrent from the view of a CPA/financial analyst.