Fumbleweed

**Round Four-Six Commentary**

Dis. Cuss. 

Discuss...  :argue:

Was very pleased to land LaPorta here at 4.02. If Dan had taken him, I was going to double up with Hurts and A.J. Brown. But, LaPorta was the first choice. I think he's good value at this point given his upside. 

Pittman was the WR I was weighing vs Jacobs with my third. Happy to be able to get them both.

Pittman was one of the WRs that I was contemplating adding to an early stable . . . :)

Do you all think Nico Collins's value took a hit when they traded for Diggs? I'm onboard with the idea that it actually might help him. Thoughts? 

17 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Do you all think Nico Collins's value took a hit when they traded for Diggs? I'm onboard with the idea that it actually might help him. Thoughts? 

I think it could go either way. Plus Tank Dell is coming back, which further dilutes the volume. And there's always the chance of a sophomore slump from Stroud.

I'm not down on Collins, but I'm not super high on him either.

23 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

yes. I don't see how it doesn't because I now see three worthy mouths to feed as opposed to Diggs just being a second guy to help open things up for Nico. Not saying he won't be good but it just kind of took him off my radar compared to similarly ranked WRs

Interesting. I still love the pick, but I am intrigued by the other perspectives. Thanks for the feedback. 

I absolutely hate owning a player like Pickens. As they say in golf....1000 dollar clubs, 10 cent game. Dude is unstable. 

Again, the Round Four Selections thread accidentally got deleted- hence the picks up until 4.08 all being re-posted by me. 

hard to stomach 2 raiders in the first 4 rounds but it's FF, not real life.  I considered 3-4 others with the pick but White feels like the best bet to lead his backfield and looked good at the end of 2023.  

BIG swing on Brooks. Especially as your RB1. The June Mock is never dull as long as Ray is in the house... 

I had 3 TE's picked out for this selection, and had Andrews slightly ahead of the other two for reasons I can explain later.  I like the high powered offense of the Ravens and the fact that Andrews scored 6 times in 10 games before injury.

I had a few players sniped that round but that's going to happen when drafting on the turn.  I couldn't pass up Mahomes there and got my second RB.  Kamara has some question marks but has major potential.  Very happy with my roster so far.

Montgomery had 1200 yards combined and 13 TD's last year in 14 games.  He also led the team in rushing during the playoffs.  He is a finisher and this team is gonna lead often into the 4th qtr..  

1 hour ago, Fumbleweed said:

BIG swing on Brooks. Especially as your RB1. The June Mock is never dull as long as Ray is in the house... 

🤗

13 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Cooper's not a sexy pick, but he just continues to produce solid numbers.

he was in consideration for me but I wanted to go upside, we shall see.

29 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Cooper's not a sexy pick, but he just continues to produce solid numbers.

It feels like you are getting guys who are falling well beyond their ADPs…

11 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

It feels like you are getting guys who are falling well beyond their ADPs…

Can't deny, I feel like I've found value so far. 

9 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

Can't deny, I feel like I've found value so far. 

Especially your last three picks…

Good value on Higgins. Thought very hard about him at 5.4

That was the 5/6 turn I had envisioned and was hoping for. I haven't liked my spot thus far as the duo of A.J. Brown and Derrick Henry at the 1-2 turn doesn't have me overly excited. But, I like what just happened here. 

Jones was my pick if Fumble didn't take him.  Instead, I take a lesser talent in a potentially better situation.

6.1 - I had several options, and part of my heart wanted to go a different direction.  But I still believe in what Jacksonville is building, and it feels irresponsible to leave their #1 WR hanging for too long.

Love the McBride pick.  Nice value, and could be top TE this year.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Love the McBride pick.  Nice value, and could be top TE this year.

I thought it was a reach, but I wanted to get a top TE

1 minute ago, Matts Eagles said:

Not a reach at all. Murray will look to him early and often with Harrison the only other viable target. 

That was cold, ICE (pun intended)...talk about crushing Shovel's hopes and dreams for his sixth round pick... 

• Haha 1

Had my eye on Aaron jones as early as where I took Zamir White. He finished last season strong, has always been a favorite of mine and has weapons in the passing game to open up the run. I probably hesitated because the team seems to really like the 1B

6 minutes ago, Matts Eagles said:

5th - 7th round.  Most put him a little below where you picked him, but he's ranked solidly #4.  

You weren't getting him at your next pick.

Great pick Robb. I think that the Pats are going to be running the ball a ton this season.

ICEMAN

2 minutes ago, ICEMAN said:

Great pick Robb. I think that the Pats are going to be running the ball a ton this season.

ICEMAN

Thanks Iceman. They should… not much of a passing game. And, Stevenson is looking at a new contract signing soon!

And Stevenson was the other one that I considered.  Nice grab.

5 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Went back and forth on a few positions, but felt BPA was Flowers.

If ICE had taken Richardson at 5.10, I was then taking Aaron Jones at 5.11 and Flowers at 6.02. It was hard to pass him up as I think he represents the end of a tier in terms of WR value. 

4 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Went back and forth on a few positions, but felt BPA was Flowers.

He's a solid pick, good upside.  My disdain for Baltimore might have impacted my judgment . . . 

But there were a couple of others, too, making this a nice area to be picking this group of receivers.

24 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

That was cold, ICE (pun intended)...talk about crushing Shovel's hopes and dreams for his sixth round pick... 

I had forgotten that Shovel already took Stroud. I guess you didn't break his heart after all...